Greg's Mixing contest is over. No tracks to download.

Lol, after mixing this tune myself, yours is more creative. Old school panning, first Van Halen album was mixed like that. Fun mix you did.

thanks. first ramones album was panned this way too. was going for a cross between first ramones album und sex pistols album i guess
:e

Greg,
I uploaded a different mix, do I still qualify for the contest?

I wanted to correct a few things. :)
Yes, submit as many mixes as you want. But each new mix supersedes your previous mixes. You can only have one mix in the fight.

thanks. first ramones album was panned this way too. was going for a cross between first ramones album und sex pistols album i guess
:e

I haven't listened to them yet. I'm stockpiling them. "First Ramones album" tells me you mixed it with bass on one side and a guitar on the other. Interesting. Do you know I like the Ramones? Are you trying to grease the judge? :D

Do I still have time? I haven 't been here in a really long time, and I thought it might be fun to get back in this way. How ya been man?

You have time, and I got your mix. Thanks man. It's awesome to see you back in here again. Stick around. It's ridiculous in here now. :D

You have time, and I got your mix. Thanks man. It's awesome to see you back in here again. Stick around. It's ridiculous in here now. :D
Thanks. I did that fast, with tired ears, so I'm gonna take another swing at it today. I drifted away because mostly I didn't have any new material to offer, and I was tired of always having to wear a cup here... I figure maybe the gestalt has warmed up after time, so I thought I'd try again. :)

Thanks. I did that fast, with tired ears, so I'm gonna take another swing at it today. I drifted away because mostly I didn't have any new material to offer, and I was tired of always having to wear a cup here... I figure maybe the gestalt has warmed up after time, so I thought I'd try again. :)

OK, I'm happier with this. the first one was too sibilant and too wet, and there wasn't enough definition in the kick.

View attachment GregLMix2.mp3

Had some time so figured I'd give it a go. Feedback and comments always welcome. Pretty straight forward mix could use a bit of tweaking and some automation.

Attachments

• Safe European Home.mp3
    7.3 MB · Views: 26
What a great cover version! Here's my mix. I'm not so familiar with this genre, but I did my best to learn what's needed. To preserve the right kind of mood, I left quite good dynamic range for this song.

This was fun to mix!

Attachments

• safe-european-home-mix-olli-h.mp3
    8.7 MB · Views: 16
I was gong to have a go but the package I downloaded had a corrupted file & no main vocal. I think I'll have a private go though as I need to learn to mix drums.

I was gong to have a go but the package I downloaded had a corrupted file & no main vocal. I think I'll have a private go though as I need to learn to mix drums.

Keep trying Ray. I assure you there's nothing wrong with the tracks. If you need one individually let me know and I'll get it to you.

Went back and fixed some things in my original mix also "de-essed" the vocal track. Not perfect but much better IMO. Looking forward to hearing other mixes and GregL's pick.

Attachments

• Safe European Home-TK2.mp3
    7.1 MB · Views: 22
Greg,
It's the lead vocal that's missing I think. We'll I have the drums, bass, guitars & B Vocals - the error message came at about 95% so I think it may just be the lead vox.
I unzipped in two diff places but the same issue so must've been a download prob my end - no one else has mentioned anything.
If you are able to send me the main vox I'll add it to the set.
Thanks.

Greg,
It's the lead vocal that's missing I think. We'll I have the drums, bass, guitars & B Vocals - the error message came at about 95% so I think it may just be the lead vox.
I unzipped in two diff places but the same issue so must've been a download prob my end - no one else has mentioned anything.
If you are able to send me the main vox I'll add it to the set.
Thanks.
I just put the vocal track in our shared dropbox. See if that works.

Thanks Greg,
It's in the box & on my desktop. I'm going to redownload the entire package to see if there was anything else missing & if there's a prob with my ISP (usually is).
I might watch Rude Boy today - that is a classic Clash flick.

Here's my attempt.
I think pushed the bass & srums a bit more than most, (being a bassist I can't help it), and being a bit keen on reggae - even cod reggae - I gave the ska guitar a bit of a focus.
Initially I was going to do a dub mix but the rhythm guitars and bass didn't really lend themselves to that.

Back