Greg's Mixing contest is over. No tracks to download.

Greg_L

Banned
CONTEST IS OVER. TRACKS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

There will be a prize.....which isn't actually a prize at all! What's the prize? I'll mail you two of my CDs. Feel free to use them as coasters, clay pigeons, level out a wobbly table or chair, pocket mirror, or just listen to them. Your choice! Or....if you already have my albums, which I'm sure you all do, I'll pencil you in for a free copy of my next one. All you gotta do is win, or lose, depending on your point of view. I will be the judge with the possibility of very credible, anonymous guest judges if I get enough entrants.

The rules.....there really are no rules. Do whatever you want with the tracks. All you gotta do is a make the mix that I like the best. It doesn't have to follow any rules or protocol. Just do what you feel is best and if I dig it you might win. Who am I to have this much power? I'm nobody. I'm just the guy offering the tracks up. If you think that having your mix judged by some nobody shmoe like me is beneath you, then that's cool. Don't participate. You can still have the tracks to play with on your own if you want.

The deadline....I'm not sure. I'll call it when I think it's time. I'm thinking a few weeks should be plenty, or less if there's not much interest. Or longer if there's more interest. Whatever. I'll hit you without warning, so get on it if you wanna play. Once I call the deadline the tracks will be removed forever and burned in the trash then dumped into the ocean.

The tracks.....I didn't write this song. This is a cover I did that was originally written and recorded by The Clash. So it's just basic rock and roll - guitars, bass, drums, and vocals. All the tracks are mic'd sound sources. Real bass, real guitars, real drums. Warts and all. No MIDI, samples, or sims. So if you want pure raw rock and roll tracks to play with, here's your chance.

With this being a cover song that I've already mixed for myself, don't feel that you have to mimic the original version, or my own version. Just do whatever you want. I've included the original in the track folder just so you can hear it.

Now.......here ya go. Download them here:
https://copy.com/fEml1iliz3tJ

If there are any problems with the download or tracks, please let me know.

You can post your mixes in this thread, or PM them to me personally. Update as much as you want. Once I call it though, it's over. Your last submitted mix will be your entry. I will not be judging as I go. There will be no feedback as mixes are posted. Once I get all submissions, I'll listen and give feedback for each one. Okay, now go!

Good luck!

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol this is cool. I have some free time this upcoming weekend so I shall participate...gotta a couple of wobbly chairs :D

Here is my Shot

Here is my shot at the mix... Great song !

Revised Mix

Attachments

• Safe European Home.mp3
    8.7 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Greg, would you be apposed to a little producer licensing just for fun? (In other words, rework the source to something different but still keep the song intact)

Since I know I can't mix it even half as good as you, I think I could provide a different presentation. That would be the best I could offer that would have any thing remotely interesting.

Greg, would you be apposed to a little producer licensing just for fun? (In other words, rework the source to something different but still keep the song intact)

Since I know I can't mix it even half as good as you, I think I could provide a different presentation. That would be the best I could offer that would have any thing remotely interesting.

Sure, do whatever you want, just do it well. :)

I've seen your posts, that statement is very subjective :confused:

Let me take a look and see if there is something fun I can make.

Lol. Don't stress over it. Just make a mix. Mix it however you want. Mix it straight up or go crazy with it. By "do it well" I mean don't half-ass it. I don't care how you mix it, I'd just like for people to give an honest effort if they're actually going to do it. Believe in your mix. Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball.

Lol. Don't stress over it. Just make a mix. Mix it however you want. Mix it straight up or go crazy with it. By "do it well" I mean don't half-ass it. I don't care how you mix it, I'd just like for people to give an honest effort if they're actually going to do it. Believe in your mix. Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball.

Nannnnnnaannnannna.

Gutted, I don't have anything to even attempt a mix on. I will download the files for later use though. :thumbs up:

New Mix

Greg,
I uploaded a different mix, do I still qualify for the contest?

I wanted to correct a few things. :)

Attachments

• EuroHomeMp3.mp3
    9.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I kinda went for more of a modern rock sound. The most difficult parts for me were the getting the accompanying guitar and the low floor tom sounding right.

Attachments

• Safe European Home.mp3
    9 MB · Views: 42
Back