Good mic Preamp for cheap budget??

Welp they just shipped my Order, I guess they forgot about it and "pretended" like that had no stock
Poor Quality company..

Welp they just shipped my Order, I guess they forgot about it and "pretended" like that had no stock
Poor Quality company..

Those U-Phoria interfaces have seriously been on backorder for a while. Even though places might get a shipment every week, they're so backed up on sales that they have to go first-come first-served. I doubt that they forgot about your order, those interfaces are currently a very hot item, in high demand. I'm sure that yours shipped according to your place in line.

They replied to my email Today, and said it will take up within a period of 3 weeks, and they magically ship it today? lol.

Eh im not that mad though, as long as I get my product :/

So I accidentally bought a power supply instead of a actual preamp and I only have a budget of around $30-$40 is there anything good?
Powering a MXL 990

Try the ART Tube MP. The tube is mostly for looks but the unit is super clean and has a few options you may need.

Jvc???

Ok a bit of a history for the young ones LOL.

Back in the early 80's when VHS video can out, I wanted a portable video with a camera, the best unit was a JVC port-a-pack (port-a-pack :facepalm: yah right), it was a video machine in 2 parts, one part being a tuner for TV recording, and a recording / playback part that could run on a battery and take a camera input. As well as this I wanted the best camera I could afford. Total price in Australia at that time $3500, I think about $12,000 to $15,000 in todays $'s.

Booked a trip for 2 to Hong Kong for 2 weeks, bought the whole lot there for just over $1000, free holiday and change.

By the way, about 10 years back I gave the whole lot for free to a guy that loved fixing retro video gear. You could record a better video on an Iphone these days :facepalm:

Alan.

Hey Alan... I think it was Sony not JVC who made the Portapak... I used them quite often in a video course in the 1970's... but maybe Sony licensed the Portapak name to JVC for sale in Australia?? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portapak

You might look at Behringer's Xenyx 302 USB, a small mixer with a built in pre-amp. I've been using one for a couple of years now for live shows with my 990 and keyboards. If you check around, you can probably find one for $35-40 online.

You might look at Behringer's Xenyx 302 USB, a small mixer with a built in pre

I would always suggest something with two mic inputs and the 302 only has 15V phantom power. That is ok for many microphones but by no means all.

Dave.

Hey Alan... I think it was Sony not JVC who made the Portapak... I used them quite often in a video course in the 1970's... but maybe Sony licensed the Portapak name to JVC for sale in Australia?? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portapak

Maybe we called all of them portapaks because of the Sony one, mine looked like the image attached (not actually my old one), this was only half the setup there was another part the same size with the tuner. It can with a leather carry case with shoulder strap. All the people that bought one are still having treatment for bad backs and shoulders.

Alan.

vhs recorder.jpg

Although the Portapak name didn't last, two piece systems (camera and a separate recorder) continued in the broadcast world until the late 1980s/early 1990s and the poor guy doing sound had to lug the recorder around.

Here I am in 83 or 84--for once I was able to put the recorder down but it usually lived on my shoulder:

Bob-and-Jono-shooting_zps01fec363.jpg

Here's a closer look at what I was carrying, known as a BVU 110 P. I'm not sure what that thing weighed but, by the end of the day you had a sore shoulder.

sony_bvu110_large.jpg

Back