Good films?

Just saw "Seven Psychopaths." Rather Tarintino-esque. Interesting. Funny, for the most part.

Just saw the Legend of 1900. It was a pretty damn good movie. Not a 4 star movie, but maybe a 2.5 or 3 star movie. It seems impossible to give it 4 stars just based on the story.

The production gets a good 9.5. It would have been a 10, but there was one part in the movie where, when he plays the piano, the hands didn't match up with the notes a guy was playing.

The music gets a a good 9. A 10 makes me cry. Only 3 songs have every made me cry, and that's only on the first listen. Can't get emotional after that.

The story gets a low grade. This was the weakest part. I don't want to say it was bad, because it was good! It was just way too unrealistic and the tone of the movie was serious. When the tone is serious and the story, unrealistic, it's just funny (the weird funny).

So, I think it's definitely a movie everyone should see.

I also saw the Dead Poet's Society. That was spectacular movie! Definitely 4 out of 4 stars. Everything was brilliant! The one scene with the parent and their son (I don't want to name it as it will be a spoiler, but those who have seen it will know) seemed so realistic. I can't even imagine....... SEE THIS MOVIE!

I re-watched Legend of 1900. I will bump my rating up from 2.5 - 3 to a solid 3.5. I can never give it a 4. It just seems...... slightly unworthy of one. It's so......close.

It's a great movie, and it's a musicians movie, and it's a family movie, and it's a philosophical movie. I fully recommend it.

Got to see *You can't take it with you when you go* last night.
Possibly tonight I will watch *On borrowed time*. If you have never seen this classic IT IS A MUST SEE!!

Saw it Friday....honestly I thought it was mediocre. Jamie Foxx can't act to save his life and I basically wanted to die because the candieland dialogue was soooooo long and really boring!

I watched it. You know that "main" town in the movie? Greenville? in mississippi? Guess where I live and watched the movie? :laughings:
The experience of watching it was similar to my experience of watching Ted- I was interested while it was happening and laughed at a few points, but when it was over I was like "How did I make it through?".
Ted had Mila Kunis though.

Django Unchained had... nothing really.
And Q.T. really has a thing for genital torture in his movies doesn't he?

I watched it. You know that "main" town in the movie? Greenville? in mississippi? Guess where I live and watched the movie? :laughings:

That was like watching Jumanji (Keene NH 15 mins. away) or Funny Farm (Just over the border in Vt.) for me. On Golden Pond was filmed an hour north of here.

Newhart was never filmed in Vt. All in studio. Yet many people believed so with the opening credits with Vt. landscape.

Same as Super Troopers - filmed on New York state Rt.117

That was like watching Jumanji (Keene NH 15 mins. away) or Funny Farm (Just over the border in Vt.) for me. On Golden Pond was filmed an hour north of here.

Newhart was never filmed in Vt. All in studio. Yet many people believed so with the opening credits with Vt. landscape.

Same as Super Troopers - filmed on New York state Rt.117

Also, while we're at it, The Help was filmed about 40 minutes from here in a place called Greenwood.
I believe a few scenes from O brother where art thou were filmed in a town called Leland about 20 minutes from my house.

Also, while we're at it, The Help was filmed about 40 minutes from here in a place called Greenwood.
I believe a few scenes from O brother where art thou were filmed in a town called Leland about 20 minutes from my house.

WHAT you mean to say Emma Stone was once 40 minutes from your house?!?! I'm jealous! :D

The experience of watching it was similar to my experience of watching Ted- I was interested while it was happening and laughed at a few points, but when it was over I was like "How did I make it through?".
Ted had Mila Kunis though.

Django Unchained had... nothing really.
And Q.T. really has a thing for genital torture in his movies doesn't he?

Oh wow that's cool about your being close by. Yeah Django was just too weird for me...it was like it was trying to be serious and then it would throw in a scene such as the KKK one for humor. Funny scene but it felt really off-balance to the rest of the film. Plus like you pointed out there was an abysmal lack of hot chicks :D

The German dude was the only interesting character in the whole movie for me. Even Leo Di and Samuel Jackson were boring to me...but I guess they were just trying to work with what they were given.

Yeah the genital torture thing was too much. I also hated the scene where the guy got killed by the dogs...that was fooked up. I've honestly never understood why everyone loves Q.T. to begin with.

Just finished up The Perks of Being a Wallflower...GREAT movie, imo. Very interesting with a sort of indie feel to it. As a more introverted, quiet dude I could identify with the main character and therefore probably enjoyed it more than most people do :)

Back