Golf...Love it? Hate it? Play it? Never Played it? Will never play it?

Then there's frisbee golf or as they call it now "disc Golf"

I played a few times in La Canada around 40 years ago...of course back then it was more of a recreational sport in more ways than one.....cough cough

When I was much younger, I got a job on a golf course. Pretty cool! Love the out doors, fresh air, scenery etc..etc.. I used to manicure the greens and sand traps, clear brush from the aprons etc.. I might have retired from that job with a full pension and big benefits had I not opened my big mouth that fateful afternoon, having lunch with the boss and my workmates.

The conversation went like this; 'Hey bill, how do you like working here?' 'OK i guess. The girls are pretty and it gives me a chance to work on my swing.' How about you Pete? You like golf? Me; 'Not really. I think it's kind of boring. I'd rather be home playing my Wurlitzer E-Piano with my band mates. Besides, I never really liked the game.'

But, you say dumb things when you're young. :spank:

Lol. Now he shoots an 80 first round? What an amazing collapse.

That ain't no downstream course...I'm going to go out on a limb and bet ya a in-n-out burger ;) he at least shoots one round under par in this tournament.. I'm rooting for the dude though his mojo may be a no go from here on out

That ain't no downstream course...I'm going to go out on a limb and bet ya a in-n-out burger ;) he at least shoots one round under par in this tournament.. I'm rooting for the dude though his mojo may be a no go from here on out

An In-N-Out burger? So even if I win, I still lose? :laughings:

Knowing what a mental game golf is, I'd be surprised if Tiger can correct this within one tournament. No one shoots 80s and then follows it up with a 60-something. But if anyone could do it, Tiger probably could. I doubt he will though. That man is broken. I think he needs to eat some crow and get back to Butch Harmon to fix his shit. Hell, he could probably fix himself if he'd stop fucking around with teachers and gurus. He's Tiger fucking Woods. Get back to basics dude. Go grudge-fuck some bimbos and get your swagger back.

Has he hit bottom? Not yet, he's 152 out of 156, but those last 4 guys are thinking, "Man, I've got a chance to beat Tiger Woods!!"

He's still got it in him, though. And I'm rooting for him, just like I'm still rooting for Mike Tyson.

He only has to slip a bit farther and I might challenge him to a round...

Sad to see how it's gone...he used to be thrilling to watch. Time to quit and become a commentator maybe?

Back