Get any new pedals lately?

Ah, the Decimator isn't one I'm looking to sell, otherwise I'd consider it haha...Awesome pedal though, I recommend trying to get ahold of one, especially if you're a single coil user.

are you suggesting my Boss Harmonist could possibly secure my place in rock history?

because that was exactly what i was thinking when i bought it. :D

hahaha absolutely. Just take something metal, tap the pickups with it, then put some crazy effect on and your golden!

Bumping this because I purchased one of these (It's been a while since I have bought any guitar pedals).

DV019_Jpg_Regular_159341_top.jpg

MF stupid deal on Saturday for $90. I'm pretty sure they sold out by 11am.

Bumping this because I purchased one of these (It's been a while since I have bought any guitar pedals).

Is that one of the pedals that has a 12ax7 tube inside? Curious to know how it sounds.

I bought an old Ibanez UE300 multi-effects pedal off of ebay a few days ago, the model with compressor/tubescreamer/chorus. Totally stoked about it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 35
Is that one of the pedals that has a 12ax7 tube inside? Curious to know how it sounds.

I bought an old Ibanez UE300 multi-effects pedal off of ebay a few days ago, the model with compressor/tubescreamer/chorus. Totally stoked about it.

It came in the mail 5 minutes before I left for rehearsal. It sounds AWESOME! Also, it saves me having to set up 2 or 3 pedals or lugging my pedalboard to rehearsal every week. VERY cool multi unit and I'm glad I was able to find one still.

The twin tube sounds nothing like a tube screamer. It actually only seems to play nice with my fender and mesa amps (just not fucking good with the 5150).

Really cool rock overdrive, other than that it's not that versatile. I don't like the lead ch. nearly as much as the rhythm channel. The lead ch isn't tight enough, I can only describe it as whooly. But it might be ok for what it says: leads haha.

And yeah it has a pair of 6021 tubes inside. Reading the manual it says

"unlike some tube stomp boxs that only use the tubes as a clipping diode, the Twin Tube Classic employes a 100% vacuum tube signal path with a high voltage power supply. The result is the classic tube sound, sooth distortion, and low order harmonics you expect from a great tube preamp."

I'd say it's accurate with that description, definitely has more of a tube preamp feel than a tube pedal feel (I have an ibanez tube king as well).

That Duncan pedal is really beautiful, would love one of those, sorry I missed the stupid!

I acquired an old Bad Monkey and a Zoom G2 that I'm enjoying quite a bit. I have a B2 as well with a pretty decent "tube" preamp that I'm playing around with running in to the G2, haven't played out with the Zoom2 setup yet but it's pretty fun.

2 Weeks ago got a Big Muff Pi w/Tone Wicker: $40 (how could I not?)

About 6 weeks ago got an MXR Carbon Copy A.Delay.....which I would only trade for an Ibanez AD999 (yeah, right) or a Fulltone TTE :-)laughings:)

Anyone?

attribute envy to my demeanor

Been picking up MF modules for about 6 years now. The Cluster will be my 5th MoogerFooger. Expensive but nobody else is doing what Moog does with CV and MIDI capabilities. They have really figured out how to combine analog signal paths with digital control to create pedals that do things that others simply cannot.

Check out the MIDI MuRF. It's Pete Townshend's synth filter tricks in a stompbox and much more.

I picked up one of these....

Behringer SM200 Slow Motion Pedal at AmericanMusical.com

I got it for $20.

It's a one trick pony and you can do about the same thing with a volume pedal.Also you have to play to the effect and take what it gives you.That being said,for the price it's a cool little pedal for someone who likes different textures and sounds off the beaten path.Highly unlikely this would ever get used live,just another color for the recording pallete.

I'm a sucker for that weird stuff.:D

Most recent was this Seymour Duncan DI. Sent it back. Bypass throws a HUGE discharge spike the first time it's cycled, then throws a smaller spike every time. Previous runs didn't do this, but apparently all of these do. $199.99 MSRP and it's less useful than a BDI21.:mad:

1228164_610d1e.jpg

Got the Cluster Flux last Monday, shot down to Ravenna and picked up a rack mount kit for it (half-priced!), and mounted everything up.

The rackmounts hold a total of 6 MoogerFoogers, and I've got 5.

So that one open spot on the rack is really fucking with my OCD about these kinds of things. Like now I gotta decide between a phaser or low-pass filter to fill the empty space. And whether I want to wait for another run of Lunar-faced Moogs to be built.

BTW, Moog is offering $50 rebates if you buy a MoogerFooger between now and the end of the year.

Just sayin'.

Oh yeah, the Cluster Flux sounds like buttah. At extreme LFO rate/amount/positive or negative feedback settings it does self-oscillation. Then you twist the time knob for really cool pitch-bending and BBD chip artifact effects. Does straight flanging and chorus too and can sound super thick or hollow. But the extreme settings on MoogerFoogers are where the real fun stuff begins.

In the pic, left to right/top to bottom

MF-104 Super Delay. Up to 2-1/2 seconds of BBD bliss. Time, Feedback amount, and Mix amount are all tweakable by control voltage. Flip between short and long delay times for speaker-damaging sub audio.:D

MF-107 FreqBox. Voltage-controlled oscillator with FM and envelope control. Haven't really figured this one out yet. It does what it does really well, just not sure if it's really musical or not. Make your P-Bass sound like a nasty gritty monosynth. Less is more with this pedal.

MF-102 Ring Modulator. Why do I keep hearing bells?

MF-108M Cluster Flux. Flanger/Chorus with CV control and MIDI control too. The single bummer of this pedal is no LFO CV outpout. Here they put this really cool LFO with sine, saw, square, ramp up, ramp down, and random output but you can only use it to control stuff on the pedal itself and not other MoogerFoogers. I'm hoping they'll offer a factory mod to add this feature at some point.

MF-105M MIDIMuRF. LFO-controlled resonant bandpass filters. A take on PT's filter tricks from the early 70's with a little different setup. PT's Arp's had 24dB/octave lowpass filters, while the MuRF has resonant bandpass filters that slightly overlap. By toggling the individual filter bands on and off and using the knobs to set volume the LFO creates animation by sweeping the filters. Slow LFO settings almost sound like phasing, and with the LFO off it does a slight envelope-controlled-sounding wah tone. At fast LFO settings it does rythmical emphasis to whatever filters are active and turned up. Think weird percolating sounds. Variable envelope follower too. From fast attack/slow release to slow attack/fast release.

VX-351 Control Voltage output expander for Voyager synth. 21 CV outputs from the Voyager and a couple mults and attenuators. Want keyboard pitch to control just about any parameter on a MoogerFooger? How about using the touch screen CV output to control mix or LFO amount? This is the setup.

CP-251 Control Voltage module. Includes a mixer for CV's, and an LFO, lead/lag for waveshaping, voltage inverter, noise output, and S&H. For combining control voltage signals to create complex waveforms for use as control voltages.

Pics 011.jpg

Last edited:
Damn BBS won't allow editing photos. Locks out of advance mode if there is a pic.

In IE or Chrome.

:mad:

Last edited:
Back