Get any new pedals lately?

Absolutepower

I just picked up a danelectro "cool cat" heavy metal distortion pedal. This sounds way more awesome than I thought it would. (Btw we're talking def leppard/winger heavy metal, not modern heavy metal).

What latest pedals have you guys been getting, or just wasting money on if thats the case? :D

At the end of last year I picked up two by Digitech that I remembered seeing in a shop in London's west end about 7 or so years ago. One was this "Crossroads" thingy that has 7 Eric Clapton signature sounds. The other is a similar thing, the Jimi Hendrix 7 signature sounds. The Clapton one I've used quite a bit. On an electric mandolin it sounds real neat. When I'm recording it, I tend to record one track raw and one through the Eric then blend the two. Funnilly enough, my son and I came across this guitar shop in Morges, Switzerland, today where we're on holiday and we saw the Clapton pedal brand new and unopened there. I was surprized because they discontinued both pedals ages ago.
I've not got around to using the Hendrix one yet as I had to get a power supply for it but now that I have it, I'm ready to roll.
I'm frankly not interested in emulating the actual sounds of either player. I see them as colouring pedals that expand my pitifully small range of guitar and mandolin tones.

I've not got around to using the Hendrix one yet as I had to get a power supply for it but now that I have it, I'm ready to roll.
I'm frankly not interested in emulating the actual sounds of either player. I see them as colouring pedals that expand my pitifully small range of guitar and mandolin tones.
I have that Hendrix pedal ....... it has one setting for ...... ummmm ..... "Wind Cries Mary" I think, that's an AWESOME country, chicken-pickin sound.

Most recent pedal for me was around a year ago. Fulltone Fulldrive 2 mosfet ....... great pedal. I don't use my pedalboard much since I got my Mesa Mark V but I still have it for when I use one of my lesser amps.

my latest pedal:

FB-3-promo-5x7-300dpi-white.jpg

has become my favorite pedal.

i could almost throw away my drive and compressor pedals, depending on how i set the amp, and this pedal, i can almost do it all.

but in my pedal board, i have it setup to just give me 'more' of everything.

but on it's own, driven hard, it's sweet.

Bought the OCD. Absolutely impressed with it from day one.
Still got the Tubscreamer it replaced, but man...the difference is fresh apples to wrinkly, dry oranges.

I don't know if the OCD was my most recent purchase, but it's my most used pedal. Absolutely love it. It's either that, my Boss DD-7 delay, or my BBE Wah. All phenomenal sounding pedals.

I have a couple distortion pedals, which I think are important, because my amp doesn't have distortion unless you turn it up ridiculously loud. You need distortion for a lot of styles of rock music, so I'm glad to have those on hand. I've been reluctant to buy other pedals though, because it just seems like it'll be a waste of money, I'll play it 3 times and then it goes in the drawer. For example I really like the sound of tremolo, and I'm on the brink of getting a pedal for it, but at the same time none of my music, or the music I play really involves tremolo. Maybe playing around with it will inspire me to compose something that does involve it, and it will be worth it, I don't know.
What I REALLY should get, for recording purposes is one of those hum eliminator pedals. Anyone know which ones are the best?

NO I have actually been in a selling cycle of late but did make a trade for an Ibanez Turbo tube Screamer that was a pretty sweet pedal. My band mate bud who has been very helpful with my A/C this year got it.
As far as guitar stuff goes I am still exploring the AdrenaLinn III, whatever i need seems to almost all be in there.

I have that Hendrix pedal ....... it has one setting for ...... ummmm ..... "Wind Cries Mary" I think, that's an AWESOME country, chicken-pickin sound.
I've been doing alot of bass tracking over the last couple of weeks. When I started, I wanted to test out the pedal but I couldn't be bothered to rig up the guitar so I shoved the bass through it just to make sure it was working. There were some interesting sounds on a bass but I fell in love with the "Little wing" setting in the heel rocked back position. Because there's lots of tweaking to be done, there is no preset as such. So I go easy on gain, level, reverb and all the rest. Playing with finger picks on the wrong way round, I ended up with a lovely 'clunky' sound with just a hint of reverb {which typically I hate on bass because I find that it muddies things up} to give some presence. I've been aiming at this clunky picky bass sound for years and sort of by experimenting and accidents I've got to where I wanted in terms of bass sound. It's not the sound for every song but it's going to be one of my main ones.

An MXR M159 Stereo Tremolo should arrive this week, closely stalked by a Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe! Psychedeliland, here I come! :D

I recently found a box of pedals I bought and never really got into using. Dunno if that counts as new, but I now have my EHX Small Clone Chorus and ISP Decimator noise reduction back in my chain. I'm currently running Boss TU-2 Tuner > Fulltone OCD > BBE Wah > EHX Small Clone > ISP Decimator > Boss DD-7 Delay. Now if I can find a use for my Bad Monkey, DynaComp and MicroAmp. Anyone wanna buy? :P

Last edited:
Not exactly a pedal, but I recently installed an L-pad in the back of my Ampeg J12T, as an attenuator. I like the convenience- power-tube distortion is as easy as reaching 'round back of the amp and twisting a knob- but I wish it was not so extreme- I'd prefer less max. distortion for more fine-tune-ability. Still, no pedal to cart around, no extra cables to run.

Oh, and when I made a label to mark the level of attenuation- I made sure it goes to "11!" :D

Back