Fretless bass / acoustic guitar / sonic windows

JMarcomb said:

flat-9

... it looks like you had a bit of training in the theory side music :)

I can honestly say I didnt know what key this was in until you told me... It was very interesting reading you overview... reminisent of reading a review in a music mag :)

Thanks for taking the time to do that flat-9!

My pleasure Jeff ;)
Some of my favorite musicians can't read a note. It's all in the ears & the soul! You def got that happening man! :cool:

Ralph

Very well played and recorded. That bass sound is huuuuuuuuge. It can be more defined, but it doesn't really bother me. I like huuuuuuuuge!

Love the chords.

And yes, something like this should BATHE in reverb and delay.

Great job, JMarcomb! :D

Hey a1a2..

Im using a stereo pair of octava mc012's. set in an x/y pattern. ~10 inches away. I dont know how they compare to anything else... because they're the only pair of mics ive ever had... but they seem to be doing the job fine... I think they would sound even better if they were as hair less midrangy.
any more questions .. toss them @ me :)

flat9

Some of my favorite musicians also cant read or write music.. so I agree 100% with "It's all in the ears & the soul!".

Pedullist

Thanks for checking this out ped... I agree the bass could have a little bit more definition... I think I lost a little bit of def.. by using a tad bit of chorus and reverb on the bass... I think thats generally a no-no recording those effects to track.

Off to check out your toonie now :)

Back