Free STEVEN SLATE DRUMS Snare Sample!!

YellowMatter

Steven Slate Drums are used by some of the top dogs in the mixing industry. We want you to get a taste. For the next five days you can download a new snare sample, SNARE 19, for FREE. Snare19 is a VERY TIGHT, VERY CRACKY, NOT TOO SNAREY snare sample set that is somewhat reminscent of the Deftones snare sound, imo. Here it is paired with KICK13 (and their Z4 ambience samples) from the Elite Mixer package:

if you like what you hear, you can download the sample by going to
www.stevenslatedrums.com and scrolling down to find the word FREE.

Joel

Hey there.
I was wondering can I let someone listen to a song Ive made using the free snare samples?

Cheers,
Eck

3. you will only use the sample for your own personal use on your own personal harddrives
Does this mean, I can not even give a song away which includes the sample for free? I may not even copy it to my iRiver, as it only has flash RAM and no harddrive? I may not even burn it on CD and use it in a car stereo or a boom box? This is silly.

Steven Slate Drums are used by some of the top dogs in the mixing industry. We want you to get a taste. For the next five days you can download a new snare sample, SNARE 19, for FREE. Snare19 is a VERY TIGHT, VERY CRACKY, NOT TOO SNAREY snare sample set that is somewhat reminscent of the Deftones snare sound, imo. Here it is paired with KICK13 (and their Z4 ambience samples) from the Elite Mixer package:

Joel

Hey Joel.
Just wondering what you truthfully think of my own samples.
Heres a clip below. Would appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,
Eck

Does this mean, I can not even give a song away which includes the sample for free? I may not even copy it to my iRiver, as it only has flash RAM and no harddrive? I may not even burn it on CD and use it in a car stereo or a boom box? This is silly.

I cannot imagine how you can interpret all those things?

All this means is that you can't have a party and give out the raw sample to all your friends.. its licensed to YOU. If you want to put it on your iRiver, thats your own personal drive. You can put it in as many mixes as you'd like and go crazy, give THOSE out to your friends!

In fact, Steven WANTS to hear mixes done with this sample. SO GO NUTS. And Ecktronic, please send us some mp3s of whatever you got, we'd love to hear it! The mp3 posted sounds great.

Joel
www.stevenslatedrums.com

And Ecktronic, please send us some mp3s of whatever you got, we'd love to hear it! The mp3 posted sounds great.

Joel
www.stevenslatedrums.com

Thanks alot Joel.
Thats all I have so far unfortunately.
The drums were programmed using my own samples.
I am planning to record new samples in the future.
Trying to keep improving. :)

There are gammy bits if you listen carefully where the snare samples (captured by the OHs) stop suddenly. Not sure how to get round that when using samples.

Cheers,
Eck

Thanks alot Joel.
Thats all I have so far unfortunately.
The drums were programmed using my own samples.
I am planning to record new samples in the future.
Trying to keep improving. :)

There are gammy bits if you listen carefully where the snare samples (captured by the OHs) stop suddenly. Not sure how to get round that when using samples.

Cheers,
Eck

Eck, nice sounding samples! Would you share them with us?

Guys, make sure you read the included manual to find out how to use the Z4 real room ambience sample along with the Z1 sample. The Z4 is a sample of the room sound of the Z1 being hit.. its an ultra slick big studio drum room compressed with the best of vintage compressors and eqs like 1176s and pultecs!

Joel

Last edited:
nother demo with free SNARE19:

(with kick4)

and here is the first one

(with kick13)

which one you guys like better, I gotta use one for the site?

go to www.stevenslatedrums.com and scroll down to hit FREE to get the free Snare. Thanks! feel free to send and post mp3s with the sample!

Joel

Very nice snare sample. Thanks will be using it.

Guys, I'm giving away four copies of the ELITE MIXER EDITION drum sample discs. All you have to do is post a clip of a mix you did with the snare sample in this thread, and you'll be entered in the drawing.

Guys, I'm giving away four copies of the ELITE MIXER EDITION drum sample discs. All you have to do is post a clip of a mix you did with the snare sample in this thread, and you'll be entered in the drawing.

Do they have to be full mixes, or can they be just drum mixes?

it can be whatever mix you'd like, just show off your stuff with SNARE 19. Hope you guys like the sample, very deftonesy to my ears. Oh and to make your mixes louder for the internet, try GCLIP!

Back