Flat panel LCD monitors VS. CRT monitors for optimum recording...

couple of years ago I bought two matching 17" LCD;s from Digimate.

Two weeks ago one died on me, still under the three year waranty. It was collected from my door and taken back to the factory. Couple of days later I was told they don't repair that model any more and offered me an upgrade.

Now I have two unmatching digimate LCD's.......

I need to find a way to get the other one to die on me. Any suggestions? :D

I don't know how people can say there is a better picture on a CRT..noway man..when I first got my LCD it was like hurting my eyes because of the brightness. Now when I look at a CRT it seems dark and dingy...that's just my opinion though..

I had a 21" CRT for years and just replaced it with a 19" wide screen (going to add a second ws shortly). I don't get as much vertically, which I kind of miss, but it adds about 5 - 8 measures in my Sonar track view. Seems easier on the eyes too. The weight and clutter factor to is nice.

Another plus for the flat screen is if you're workstation is close to the back wall, you won't get the problem with a CRT where the thing interferes with stereo imaging because it's forward of the speaker baffles.
LCD/TFT can still cause interference, mostly with badly screened Strats, but they're nowhere near as bad as a CRT.
Now that prices have dropped so much, I'm really tempted to replace my 17" Ilyama.

ROBSCIX said:
I don't know how people can say there is a better picture on a CRT..noway man..when I first got my LCD it was like hurting my eyes because of the brightness. Now when I look at a CRT it seems dark and dingy...that's just my opinion though..

CRTs have more accurate color reproduction and more accurate contrast levels. This difference is diminishing, though.

for DAW work, the only reason to go CRT is cost. LCD all the way. space, noise/interference, HEAT...all under control with an LCD.

Back