Firepod owners discussion thread!

Working with Firepod

im working with Cubase SX3 iv recorded a guitar track on the firepod there is a input nobe and ouytput its the same nobe u turn it left to input when u record and u get zero latency, though to hear the playback u have to move it all the way right to Playback, if u try to record in Playback there is a little latency and u cant do it, if i try to record in Imputs mode i cant hear the guitar track, how can i have a playback and record with not latency, or input and hear the guitar track

thankz Otto

firepod help

im trying to add the drums to the guitar track though i cant get the timeing if there is latency and in input mode i cant hear the guitar track to play along with when recording

help thankz Otto

How does compression make the sound warmer? I guess I'm curious what "warmer" means to you. I've seen plenty of discussion on that topic around here, and have learned alot. I'm not trying to be critical, just curious.

If anyone want to fine tune Windows XP for better audio performance, try this link:

http://www.musicxp.net/

There as another good one (Black Viper), but his site seems to be down/under construction at this time. I've followed these guides and I'm pleased with my PC's performance with Windows XP Pro.

You know what my favourite part of my firepod is. The Neutrik combo connectors. You can plug a 1/4" and an xlr into the same connector:O!!!

LOL. Obvously I'm more easily excitied by some things then the rest of you :D.

Firepod on a laptop with wireless

Well, got my firepod last week,

Had to bump the latency to 25ms with the Medium CPU setting to stop the crackle.

But then turned wireless networking off in the bios and got the latency down to 10ms!

This is using a dell 1.6M laptop.

E

I run my Firebox at 6ms with the CPU setting on medium. All is good and it's a nice unit.

I wish there was a Firebox owners thread. I tried to start one once but nobody really got onboard

dumb question...does this "wireless networking in bios" you speak of apply to the average computer or do you just happen to have a wireless network. I'm just wondering if I could also decreas my latency this way. thanks

Hubbawho said:
dumb question...does this "wireless networking in bios" you speak of apply to the average computer or do you just happen to have a wireless network. I'm just wondering if I could also decreas my latency this way. thanks

Do you have a wireless adapter in your PC/laptop? If you do, just disable it from within Windows. I actually DON'T do this, and haven't had any latency issues using Sonar/Firepod combo, but I'm using a desktop PC - not a laptop.

Also, if you have a laptop, what does it have AMD/Intel processor speed, ram, hard disk RPM's, etc.?

The laptop

The laptop had wireless networking built in, so i disabled it and found a huge performance increase!

I disabled it within the BIOS of the laptop.

Hope this helps.

Edd

firepod problem

after finaly getting the firepod to run good on my pc, i just bought a rack case to house it, instaled it and it stoped working, the blue sync light never changes it just stays blue, iv tryed everything ,i called presonus,
presonus made it sound like they know of this problem , they said to send it in and they will fix it, bad timing im realy doing some fun recordings and after geting the case to safely protect it, it craps out, bummer for me

R Otto
Anyone ells have any problems like this

02o [Otto] said:
after finaly getting the firepod to run good on my pc, i just bought a rack case to house it, instaled it and it stoped working, the blue sync light never changes it just stays blue, iv tryed everything ,i called presonus,
presonus made it sound like they know of this problem , they said to send it in and they will fix it, bad timing im realy doing some fun recordings and after geting the case to safely protect it, it craps out, bummer for me

R Otto
Anyone ells have any problems like this

Not really sure what the problem would be...if the light is staying blue, then it IS syncing with the PC. If it stays red, it is not syncing. What exactly did Presonus tell you regarding your problem? Sound like it was defective, but not a common problem - or is it a common problem? I'm just curious because I haven't heard this before.

I just encountered a problem, worst timing too... We're done tracking our cd. I set up monitors to start mixing, hook up the Firepod, and the light stays red - I've tried everything, reinstall drivers, different ports. Always stays red and PC can't find the Firepod. Anyone know what to do?

Personus said that this problem has happend before the tech guy said hes seen only about 3 of them like this so far, the light stays blue no matter what
even if i disconect everything and just power it up, it doesnt sync up they said to send it in so im sending it to them to be serviced :(

R Otto

If you've already got your tracks down why do you need the firepod for the mix? What software platform are you using for mix/master?

Back