Firepod-Not working

marshall409

Firepod 8 in/8 out firewire interface.

Arrived with a missing phantom power button for channels 1-4, and a button for 5-8 that has to be held down to stay on. Also, firewire ports appear to be bad, nothing happens when you plug it in to the computer. Thing powers on perfectly, all preamps were perfect, can be heard through hardwired outputs without using computer. Phantom works fine on 5-8.

Please, do not post with advice on how to fix it. I appreciate the help, but i KNOW it is broken and needs repair, unless its the two firewire cards i tried it with.

These go for about 400 usually, i got it at a good price thank god otherwise i'd be a lot more pissed. im gonna ask 200 OBO. im sure shipping it to presonus and having it fixed, even out of warranty, would be less than 100 american. 300 aint bad for a firepod.

Open to trades for recording gear, other than interfaces and outboard gear. need mics, stands, cables, room treatment, etc. mostly. but want to hear what you have.

MAKE AN OFFER.

Adam

Considering there only worth about $200 used and WORKING, i think a dead firepod @ $200 is ridiculus...IMO.

Have you at least cracked it open to make sure it isn't a loose ribbon cable between the boards?

according to a poster over on harmony-central where i also listed this, presonus has a flat fee of $85 to repair a firepod out of warranty. just in case anyone was wondering.

Adam

ill give you $25.

ill work on it. you cant ask someone to buy it for 100, and ship it to presonus for 85, when you can just buy a working used one for 200.

according to a poster over on harmony-central where i also listed this, presonus has a flat fee of $85 to repair a firepod out of warranty. just in case anyone was wondering.

Adam

If you want to get anywhere near your money back....I would suggest that you get it fixed, then sell it....or else, Im like the last poster....Ill give ya $25 for it....

Here's a little tip to the seller-- I believe that you can indicate that it's being sent to the US for repair and return and you should be spared customs fees (I think...).

Back