Final Mix (not mastered)

DarthFaders

Here it is...the final mix...the band likes it...I'm decently happy with it...so all that's left is sending it off to the mastering house. (You'll notice that this mix is really quiet compared to my others, I didn't compress the final mix at all, leave it for the trillion dollar compressors at the mastering house!)

Final (not mastered)

Darth

not sure what you did, but the snare is very good now!!

Definitely commercial-ready

AL

Sort of reminds me of "That Thing You Do." Real tight band and the sound is presented well.

I swear I hear a small pop at about :37. Not sure what it is.

Kick my sorry but! Great song, great mix. The drums were very good, and I loved those bkg. vocals. If this mix is not compressed, then it sure doesn't need it. Sounds great!

Twist

TripleM said:
Sort of reminds me of "That Thing You Do." Real tight band and the sound is presented well.

I swear I hear a small pop at about :37. Not sure what it is.

Yes, I hear it too. Right on the word "Glad"

Darth,
Excellent work, once again! I look forward to more.

I hear the pop at :37 too.Man,you have some good ears Triplem.I didnt hear until you pointed it out.

Otherwise an excellent mix.

On the click at 0:37... It's on all the other mixes. I want to guess it's the singer's tongue coming off the roof of his mouth. Darth?

:)

Excellent mix! Totally pro. I'd like the guitar solo to be louder.... but that's just me. Super job!!

The click that you're hearing is the singer. He's saying the word "glad"...and you're hearing the silibance of the "g".

I'm glad that you guys like it!

Darth

DarthFaders said:
The click that you're hearing is the singer. He's saying the word "glad"...and you're hearing the silibance of the "g".

I'm glad that you guys like it!

Darth

I'll take your word for it :D. Yeah it's right around the word "glad." But that still doesn't sound like it's coming from a human.

Anyway, nice fun tune.

man..you make this so hard i mean....what the fuck are we supposed to say to help you???...the last version was pretty sweet that "turn the guitar lead up" thing was really just me reaching for SOMETHING?!?!...heres a question??...WHAT DO YOU DO THAT ALL THESE KILLER BANDS FALL ON YOUR DOORSTEP?!?!?!...do you work in a studio???...musician??? i know you said you played some guitar and tweaked things...what i want to know is are you some guy in his house doin this in his spare bedroom????.....cause i have tried suicide before and im not afraid to do it again.......DONT PUSH ME....lol..

yeah this song again harmonies are great i mean you already know all of this ive said it all already....

.....(please change "compromised"..................please???)...

holla,

you HEARD me!?!?!

jamal

Jamal....I play drums in a few bands in Nasvhille, and it's a kickin' music scene, so I meet a lot of people. I don't work in a studio, I just have all of my gear set up in my bedroom, and I choose to work with the bands that I like (not all that I'm offered!) Fortunately, I just joined two bands, both I'll be recording soon, so I'll have some of MY material to post (which I'm really pumped about!)

Darth

As for "compromised"...I talked to the band about it. It's a song that the singer wrote when he was 16...and they've all decided that since all of the words are so silly anyway, they're not gonna change it. I mean, think about it, there's a huge line that makes no sense that nobody even caught. "I'm slowly dying, my head fell off"...First of all, that's not a slow way to die. Secondly, how can you be slowly dying (present tense) while your head fell off (past tense)??????????

I still think that "compromised" should be changed, but they don't seem to care. Oh well!

DarthFaders said:
Jamal....I play drums in a few bands in Nasvhille, and it's a kickin' music scene, so I meet a lot of people. I don't work in a studio, I just have all of my gear set up in my bedroom, and I choose to work with the bands that I like (not all that I'm offered!) Fortunately, I just joined two bands, both I'll be recording soon, so I'll have some of MY material to post (which I'm really pumped about!)

Darth

As for "compromised"...I talked to the band about it. It's a song that the singer wrote when he was 16...and they've all decided that since all of the words are so silly anyway, they're not gonna change it. I mean, think about it, there's a huge line that makes no sense that nobody even caught. "I'm slowly dying, my head fell off"...First of all, that's not a slow way to die. Secondly, how can you be slowly dying (present tense) while your head fell off (past tense)??????????

I still think that "compromised" should be changed, but they don't seem to care. Oh well!

so your telling me you do this in your BEDROOM?!?!?!?!?

fuck you i quit

lmao
jamal

at least we agree on the stupid word debacle!!!...

DarthFaders said:
Oh well!

LMAO!! I wondered what he was saying in that line.:D

Wow!

This is great! Awesome song/performance/mix. Well done!

Sort of sounds to me like modernized 60's bubble gum rock. I almost hear some Gary Lewis and the Playboys in there, like "This Diamond Ring" really rocked up. Maybe I'm just crazy. Kind of has that Cars synth from Just What I Needed in there too.

Very neat. Nothing critical to say at all.
:D

I think the recording sounds pretty amazing but I'm gonna have to agree with TripleM about the click around 37 seconds. I'm listening to it with my Grados and it's before the the singer says "glad" and its definitely not of human origin.

I hate this genre and want it to die. But people like you who do such an awesome job are going to keep it alive.;)
Bedroom recording???!!!! Dang!

About the click - I don't know if I would have heard it if it hadn't been pointed out. But I do hear it. If it's in the vocals you should be able to automate it out. You are obviously very skilled at engineering/producing so I'd be interested in hearing why you left it in there. I trust your judgement but would like to understand your reasoning behind it.

Darth,

What are the usual compression/limiting settings that you use on your vocal tracks?Doesnt have to be exact,just give me something to start with.LOL.

Thanks,
Kramer

Back