Fender Frontman 15G

I own a little Fender Bullett Reverb I aquired somewhere along the way. Had another Bullett that had DSP, but sold it because the two were just too much alike and the DSP effects were not to my taste. It was really a tough decision. Not a tone monster, certainly not a volume monster, either- and limited to it's sounds, for sure.

But I like the darn little cockroach. My too-big guitar group has finally matured (as a group) to begin to understand the advantages of less noise, so I often bring it- it's clean sound and low power mean it fits in better than the Deluxe Reverb, it idles much quieter than the 5-watt tube amp I have, and it's lightness and small size is a big advantage on load out/in/out/in. And it does have a speaker out plug, although I have never used it. Maybe I will this week.

Last edited:
I found a Fender frontman 25R on ebay (the old style, like suggested). It ends in 20mins. I'm going to bid for it. Hope it get it. Does the 25R sound just the same as (but very slightly louder than) the 15R? Hope so! :o

What do you think about putting this though a Peavey Hisys 2 instead of 4x12?

:D:D Parents bought my frontman for my xmas so i wasn't allowed to play it properly 'til yesterday.

Aww i love it! My parents are away out today, so i fired the volume up! Love the sound of it even through the original 10" speaker. Only had it up around 2 for 10minutes and my ears are ringing!

what?

I'm pretty sure they didn't put a speaker out on the frontman because it is not meant to be used like that. It comes with the squire starter pack. I got one. If I were you, I would save up a little bit and get the Marshall MG100HDFX (I have one of those as well) seeing as though you need to hook up an external speaker cab to get the volume you want. You might want to get something bigger than a 15 watt amp.

I'm pretty sure they didn't put a speaker out on the frontman because it is not meant to be used like that. It comes with the squire starter pack. I got one. If I were you, I would save up a little bit and get the Marshall MG100HDFX (I have one of those as well) seeing as though you need to hook up an external speaker cab to get the volume you want. You might want to get something bigger than a 15 watt amp.
I actually got the 25watt. It's the old style, which has an external speaker output, not the one that comes along with the squire.

100w is 4 times louder than a 25w, which seems a lot, but is only 6dB on similar setups.

However, I bought the frontman for the sound rather than the volume. I like the sound i get from it so far and can't wait to try it through some other speakers. I have never really liked the Marshall sound all that much.

Uh, have you tried running the Frontman into a 4x12 Marshall cabinet? And why would they put a speaker output jack on the front if "it is not meant to be used like that"? And finally, what difference would it make if it's one speaker, or 4 speakers, if the load is exactly the same?

Back