February Challenge, guess I'll play...

cnix

I took the challenge this month and came up with a mess!! The harder I tried, the worse it got. Its a love song, and a work in progress, wish the deadline was next week, I will submit what I have.

The recording is mainly keyboard pad, acoustic guitar, bass, and finally some electric in the repeat of the final chorus. If I decide to complete the song, I will add some electric ear candy on the intro, 1st verse, 1st chorus, and bridge, and drums from the 2nd verse on, along with a shaker or tamborine in spots, and spend more than 2 minutes mixing.

All gear used was from the Group Buy except vocal mic. Acoustic through the ACM-310 (small tube cond) , electric ACM-3 (ribbon) and ACM-200 (phantom ribbon), bass direct to ACMP-73 DI, vocals through ACMP-84.

You can hear it at this link. I did a quick mix with headphones, you may want to listen with headphones.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7381735

Love Of My Life

Verse 1
She’s the one, that makes my heart sing.
She lights up the room, like flowers in Spring.
And from the start---She captured my heart
She is the one who's wearing my ring.

Verse 2
We married that year it was mid July
We shared our love, which none could deny
That’s the day---I’ll remember always
The joy on her face, the and the tears in her eye

Chorus
She’s more than a woman.
She’s more than a wife.
She’s more than a best friend.
She’s the love of my life.
And down through the years.
We shared laughter and tears
She’s more than a best friend.
She’s the love of my life, the love of my life.

Verse 3
After all these years, I still love her so.
The love we share, continues to grow.
It’s our desire---To kindle the fire
Of the flame we lit, years ago

Chorus
Bridge
Love that is forgiving, Love that is kind,
Love that last forever, Till the end of time.

Chorus

Charlie

Great song cnix... I really like the lyrics as they are heartfelt and meaningful. The arrangement is very good - good choice of instruments and great harmonies... :cool::D:cool::D

Back