exciters

I got an aphex C for quite cheap so I bought it. Nevertheless I've not yet really used it...

The trick of an exciter is to add additional overtones that were not htere before. You can achieve this by adding disortion to the high end of your signal. You usaully can set the margin frequency from which on to distort, the grade of distortion and the mix between original and distorted signal. The problem is that similar to an enhancer, you tend to use too much of it because your ears get used VERY fast to it. So you should alway uye it to a degree where you start no longer really hearing the effect.... then it might be right the next day...

In contrast to enhancers, exciters can be helpful if you spoiled your recording, and have to do anything to rescue it. You might cut high end EQ to reduce some annoying high end noise and try to re-create som with the exciter... Thats the theory - in practice it'll prolly sound rather bad...

aXel

darrin_h2000 said:
I find them to work well on the Karakoke CDs. I sometimes get a singer that just wants to record themselves and those CDGs sound dull.

After Dolby B on a tape is good too. Ill use them when I want that 70's effect.

There's one I forgot about. Encode with 'Dubly' but don't decode.
(But not on Rock. 'Cause "Everybody knows you don't use Dubly on Rock":D )

Back