EVH frankenstein in samash

I think it's Fender's display of how impressive their relicing methods are. It really looked like it was old and fucked up.

But check the reviews:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...ankenstein-Replica-Electric-Guitar?sku=513703

Only in LA can a 17 year old save up $25k for a guitar.

Obviously it's for someone who wants to play it and known what it's like to play eddie van halen's fucked up guitar. There is a huge emotional component for whoever buys one.

I think that means he's been an active musician for 17 years ... not that he's 17 years old.

Anyway ... Like I said, I'd expect a "superguitar" that would never ever have any problems whatsoever for $25,000, and even then I'd think long and hard.

I wouldn't pay $500 for this -- unless of course I knew I could resell it for much more! :)

There is one of those $25000 fender relic EVH guitars in the samash in columbus, OH. I looked at it closely, but it was in a glass case.

Their relicing process is pretty impressive.

The neck pocket is way bigger than the neck. The pocket is strat-shaped, but the neck looked tele shaped.

The floyd was not relic'd enough. The fine tuners were all black. Usually the E and A string ones rub off to the brass.

It was the coolest thing I ever saw in my life. I was 15 again.

I also played those electromatic gretsches and my epi ES-295 is way better. I made the right choice. I wish I had a master volume, though.[/QUOTE

my friend who works at sam ash just sold one! it was a $1,3000 commission! i couldnt beleive it. the guitar looked sick as fuck. The bets thing about knowing people there is they always let me try the rediculously expensive ones, i just wish i had a chance to actually play this one :[

By the way Blackie did sell, for 959,500 (beating "tiger" for highest priced guitar) to GC, they sent it to fender to have replicas made...

If I really liked the artist, I'd buy one if I had the money...cool piece for a big fan. The only piece of fandom bigger would be the real thing, then only one fairly wealthy person could own it.

If I had $25K to blow, I'd hire a guy to steal the real one for me then hang it on my wall and say it was a relic copy. :)

At this day and age of axemen, Eddie is a mediocre player, that just stumbled to tapping. A dozen japanese 15year-olds would prolly bury him at this point. Ok, he had his moments, so did the axe.
THAT axe might be precious.

But making an unplayable, havoced piece of crap lookalike???....
...Penn&Teller would say something to that..
:D

Oh, you're fucking awesome! That is more absurd than anything I could ever concoct.

I'm not worthy.

I don't know about the VH copy guitar but I do know that the Van Halen Collector Plates are an awesome investment. And if you purchase the entire set, you'll receive a free Michael Anthony beer stein.

Attachments

• vhplates.jpg
    vhplates.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 35
They only made 300 of them so it is actually a good investment. For those EVH fans out there with money to burn, it is the closest 99.999% of anyone will ever be to actually touching the real thing. They say that if Ed ever decides to sell the original (very unlikely), it will break all records of guitars auctioned in the past...well over 1,000,000 smackeroos!

BTW...if I had the bucks to burn?...I'd have one on display in my studio.

mccartneys hofner beatle bass would top $$$$$$ of anything if ever sold.

So, I was in Guitar Center about 3 weeks ago, and there was one of the 300.

I asked the guitar section manager what the deal was, and how much. He said "$25,000!!" I was shocked, but immediately asked him if a diehard Eddie Van Halen fan like myself might be able to spend a few minutes playing it.

He said "You bet!". :D

First off, this guitar plays AMAZINGLY good!!! The neck is fatter than a normal strat, and the fretboard is super flat and fast! But every note rings true as hell! There are no weak positions on the neck. It simply felt like one of those guitars that you could just pick up and play anything on it. I didn't have to "get used to it" at all! It felt immediately like an old friend.

Second, when I plugged it into a Marshall half stack, immediately you can hear that Van Halen tone in it. There is a certain something in the top end, and also how when you pick out chords, that nothing breaks up or gets lost. The attack is sharp, but with a very fat sound to it! 6 note chord strums just sound full and articulate!

For a "relic" it looks and feels old!!! It is amazing that I was playing a guitar that was less than a year old and only played a handful of times, yet it seemed like a very old guitar. They managed to get dirt in all the right places. :)

Is it worth $25k? I don't really know. If I had the money to burn, I would definately buy 2! One to play and one to put in a display case. :) Then I would enjoy the fuck out of playing the other!

Sounds cool Ford Van, I guess if I were extremely rich (millions and millions of $) I would buy one, maybe 2, but only because it plays so nice.

I've never been a big Halen fan though. Eddie's a great guitarist but man, the singer just fucked up every song I've heard by them. That's my opinion anyway.

(That one song, "It's so hard to tell....blah blah blah, ..... from a magazine" or something is the worst song I've ever heard in my life).

Still cool to here how a $25K guitar plays. :)

Well, Van Halen (well, Van Halen with David Lee Roth singing) is my favorite band in the whole world! Talking smack about them is fighting words with me bucko! ;) :mad:

I really didn't expect the guitar to play as well as it does. It doesn't look like a guitar that plays as good as it does.

Back