ear candy..

Re: Re: Re: Troll alert!

super_critic said:
nasty names...

just expressing my opinions Kramer. if it differs from yours then it must be bad, eh?

You're not expressing opinions dickhead.You are making asshole induced comments.Nothing more....Ive read every single post you made and all of them are short little asshoholic quips except for the one remark in erlands thread.I guess you have some kind of unusual love for him.:rolleyes:

Whatever the case you are just a troll who likes to tear people down.Fuck off loser.Whats up with the new username?Why didnt you just keep the last one you posted under here?You're still posting the same way so why change?

Ahhhhhhhhh
see now you did it!!!
dont mess with Kramer!!!
He put me in my place when I first got here and I respect the hell out of him for it.
You go K-man.

Hey Freshdavidears :D

I liked the tune a bunch. You have a knack of making these 70's ish 80's ish sounding rock tunes that I really like the sound of. And as always I love the vox.

I think these have been touched on, but here's what I'm hearing. Rhythm guitar could come up a bit. vox seems perfectly placed to me.

Hat & cymbals are too up front.

The whole kit doesn't sound like it is sitting in the same room as the rest of the instruments. I'm not sure if you could find some way to "glue them together" or not since I don't really know what the hell I'm talking about :D. I agree that the kick could drive a little more. The snare sounds just a little off to me. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it's just part of the room sound thing. I don't know. The drums sound like a live recording and the rest sounds like a studio recording. Hmmm...well I don't know if that makes any sense or not.

Nice work on this. This needs to hit my keepers folder. But I hope you don't quit on this one. I would like to replace this version with a remix somewhere in the near future.

Nice work man!!

super_critic said:
you should just give up on this song (and probably your music aspirations, too). just saying what no one else here will.
Damn, now see all the other shit you said in this thread might just very well be so..granted, i'm not that good of an artist or engineer and this tune does kinda suck ass, but that fuckin statement up above just don't sit well with me at all. Thats all I got to say to you.

I appreciate all you guy's, sorry I aint been around. This tune just about got the best of me:) . I took TripleM's advice and didn't give up on it ( not yet anyway ) retracked everything but the drums today and made as good of mix as I could with these burnt ears of mine.. http://www.nowhereradio.com/david/singles last one on the page, thanks again!

Just listened to the re-mix.

Some timing issues on the intro. The drums in general lack punch. I think they need to be hit harder. Maybe some EQing would help to add some crack to the snare, and punch to the kick.

The bass needs some punch too.

Your guitar tone, playing, and vocals are good as usual.:cool:

This song has potential. You just need to give the rythym section a few cups of coffee or somethin'.:D

Don't change the guitar or vocal! And don't listen to any vague crap about giving up. This was very good! How about some more crack from the snare?

Twist

Smoother. Timings much better. Cymbals and hats not taking all the air space. guitar is pumpin the rythym real well. Vocals are up and clear. This is nice, and I can hear David real good. You been bustin butt on this, I guess you are tired. :) Sounds good bro man. Wish I could play and sing all that stuff. Now get your ass back to work! ;)

Enjoyed this sitting here with a Lowenbrau, and thinking about how I need to get my ass to work and finish up on a couple of things here too. :)

Holy time warp! You have nailed the 80's sound.

Your voice is really strong and great for this type of tune. I think the guitar parts were cool as well.

There were some timing issues especially on the bass. Your vocals could use some more punch. The tone was cool. Maybe some EQ or doubling. The reverb is there like it should be. Maybe the verb is contributing to the thinner sound. Are you running your dry vocal to an aux. track and blending a verbed track with a dry track. It tends to help the presence.

The drums are cool but they need more punch as well. I think that is a room, tracking, mic issue but I could be wrong. I will be attempting to mic a kit for the challenge collab and attempt to play drums! :eek: Scary!

David, to wrap up, nice work. Clean up the corners and you have a great tune. :)

freshears said:
Damn, now see all the other shit you said in this thread might just very well be so..granted, i'm not that good of an artist or engineer and this tune does kinda suck ass, but that fuckin statement up above just don't sit well with me at all. Thats all I got to say to you...

you really need to get a whole lot better

David.......I hope you're just laughing about the Supercritic, don't take this place too seriously. ;)

As for me, I always like your stuff and this is another nice rockin' song. Sounds like the guitar at the opening gets off time just a little and I hear some pitch issues in the vox. Having heard your stuff for a while now, I think you have a better take on that vocal within you and I'd try it again......try to get the emotion of 'State My Heart Is In' even though it's not a ballad.
Sam had the mix comments right on IMO, the mix doesn't punch like it should, those rhythm guitars should just be chunkin' along....driving the song into the ground, ya' know?

BTW, I haven't forgotten about State My Heart is in, just been bust but it's working it's way to the front. :)

whoa..."Super Critic" is definitely a regular of sorts.

A regular cock-slobbering jackass.

David - I'll check this out later. I've heard a ton of people sing and play, and you know better than to take that trolling prick seriously, right? I'm not being nice; I'm being real. Some people here suck. You don't.

Hey David,

Cool tune, 80'ish for sure but that's a good thing. I don't know if anyone mentioned this but there is some weird 'phase' sound going on, did you use some kinda stereo imager or reverse the phase on one of the channels? Just sounds weird, sucking the life out of it if that is the case. Especially the bass, it's almost a phantom. If not, I'm not sure what it is, something is messing this up on the phase side of things.

Outside that, yeah bring up the guitars.

Nice Tune.

Emeric said:
I don't know if anyone mentioned this but there is some weird 'phase' sound going on, did you use some kinda stereo imager or reverse the phase on one of the channels?

This is right on. I switched the polarity on on of the channels and the tune came to life. Check that out David.

Back