Drum Mic Bleed

Not to start one off, but who's right here? Capt or Rami?

I'm inclined to think what you're saying is right, but the relationship between bleed and the source is always going to be the same.
So, if you turn the gain down, record, then boost the signal later, you end up with the same thing, don't you?

Yea, never mind. Talked to my teacher today and apparently I misunderstood completely what he was talking about that day. :drunk: sorry guys :o.

I still don't understand though, because, I have gone about doing a drum recording the way I mentioned and there is a, not huge, but noticeable difference in level??

Last edited:
Yea, never mind. Talked to my teacher today and apparently I misunderstood completely what he was talking about that day. :drunk: sorry guys :o.

I still don't understand though, because, I have gone about doing a drum recording the way I mentioned and there is a, not huge, but noticeable difference in level??

:drunk:
Best bet, 'we believe, then we hear. (Guilty of adjusting eq's and comp's in bypass at more than one time or the other and going, 'yep, that's better. :facepalm::D

Quite a few years ago here (at the forum) we had a few chaps do the (fairly controlled) test comparisons,... Pretty sure there was one on the similar subject of similar/matched gain/pattern dynamic vs condensors mic bleed too.

Back