Drum Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what we can all learn today is just smile and nod when we disagree with something we read online and just not respond to it.
Internet people aren't worth getting mad about. Hell, I don't even know if any of you are real.

Metalj, you've got to hang around for a bit and absorb a certain board's culture before going off on rants.
Just like any other social gathering spot, there are unwritten rules and tendencies that you should feel out before jumping straight in. Or would you fight a coworker on your first day at the job despite them being a xx year veteran?

Hold on to your butt and just listen for a while. I promise, you'll learn something.

Thanks, Good advice for a new person, but I have been around for years(maybe a decade or more I'm not sure), just reading and watching when I have time so I know how things go here I am NOT new to this site and that is why I will not put up with any BS especially from Cliffy. I try to help when I can and feel the subject matter fits my skill set. I don't play the so called Senior-its game at all well, and have no time for it and will not put up with it. I'm a big boy and I can hold my own so don't worry Cliffy is not going to stop me from absorbing new ideas and techniques even if they are from him, I am always open to new ideas and old ideas. I must tell you that that train of though that people have to put up with rants like Cliffy KILLS the creative process and can make people that may have some really good ideas stay away or not share.

Using your job analogy, Cliffy probably would not work in a team environment, but you know this well already.

:laughings:

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Just hilarious. :D

I think this thread should also be closed. It's starting to smell like baby food and diapers. :eek:

OK...so I took the MP3 clip of the Tom roll and opened up in an Audacity (all I have on my net computer)...and this is what the file looks like:

View attachment 93132

The OP's images compared to what I have, suggest that he is zoomed into the wave and not the track.

It's not clipped hard, though maybe a pinch at the very tops....but I think if you listen to that clip, the problem is in the delay that is being used with the Toms....there is something there, it's not a straight drums/mic recording (listen to the tail).
I think that delay effect is blurring the transients and making it hard to identify them.

Cool thank you, there is at least some definition there . So could you help understand the delay thing ? ARe you thinking that maybe the mics are too far away from the drum head when recording like the signal is coming through the mic delayed after the initial stick attack or do you feel it is the way my DAW is processing it? I have a message into a Presonus forum to see what comes up on the Zoom issue. My Daw is Studio One 2 Pro in case that matters.

Metalj, did you see the movie "Whiplash"?
"The next Charlie Parker would never be discouraged." Best part of the film.

Just keep on trucking if you don't agree with "Cliffy". It's the internet. Hit the "x" button and forget about it.

I think that Miroslav has identified your problem anyhow. You're set!

Cool thank you, there is at least some definition there . So could you help understand the delay thing ? ARe you thinking that maybe the mics are too far away from the drum head when recording like the signal is coming through the mic delayed after the initial stick attack or do you feel it is the way my DAW is processing it? I have a message into a Presonus forum to see what comes up on the Zoom issue. My Daw is Studio One 2 Pro in case that matters.

Listen to the tail....that's nothing to do with mics too close or too far....that's some kind of *delay FX*.
Are you applying any FX to the track(s) or is that MP3 you posted the original, raw recording?

Forget Presonus...just RTFM...there's a keystroke to zoom in/out of the wave, just like you do keystrokes to zoom in/out of the track.

I stopped trying to make sense of anything this specimen says a while ago. He's completely delirious.

Are you two sisters ? LOL ;)

Meanwhile my thread is serving a purpose for myself. Mryslav (sorry if I spelled this wrong) is helping me so if you guys would not mind, could you please not muddle up the thread anymore please ? Thanks. I think we have had our fun so lets all move on as I am getting close to a possible solution.

I think he means you. :D
I think he thinks you're not fun.

Urban Dictionary
Cliffy.
1) To remove the fun from a situation (especially a competitive game.)

Lol. I'm "cliffy"? That's neither funny or clever. If a joke has to be explained, it's no good. I guess that's to be expected from this inbred moron.

if you guys would not mind, could you please not muddle up the thread anymore please ?
You've already muddled up the thread, and it's not YOUR thread. This is a public forum. If you didn't want THE thread to go off the rails, you shouldn't have come in with guns blazing and then resort to your infantile "oh poor me. Mommy they're all picking on me" routine.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is, go fuck yourself. :)

Listen to the tail....that's nothing to do with mics too close or too far....that's some kind of *delay FX*.
Are you applying any FX to the track(s) or is that MP3 you posted the original, raw recording?

Forget Presonus...just RTFM...there's a keystroke to zoom in/out of the wave, just like you keystrokes to zoom in/out of the track.

Just a straight mp3 of the raw mic input, nothing added to it. Thanks, I'll try to figure out the zoom and let you know what I find. Thanks.

Let's get the thread back to tom rolls or whatever is going on. Miro is trying to help, so give him the space to do so.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back