don't come here no more

:laughings:
Ok, you won.
At least, it's ZZ Top and not Europe's Final Countdown.
I always thought that if hell exists, it's a blank white room with Satan sitting in one corner in front of a Casio Keyboard, playing the Final Countdown synth fanfare over and over till infinity.

:laughings:
Ok, you won.
At least, it's ZZ Top and not Europe's Final Countdown.
I always thought, if hell exists, it's a blank white room with Satan sitting in one corner in front of a Casio Keyboard, playing the Final Countdown synth fanfare over and over till infinity.

Wait - does Europe's Final Countdown really happen to you? Cause that would be insane. Also - the blank white room Satan Casio idea is inspired. I think I might run with it..

Whenever you get an earworm, sing the opening theme to the People's Court to yourself. It cures all earworms.

Oh yeah, I love home recording, but I don't care for songwriting itself so much at all. I guess I mean songwriting in the "classic" sense? I don't really ever sit down and write stuff. It's more like I think of a beat, or a riff, or some vocals, and then I'm like, "I want to do that", but then I'm like, "shit, that means there needs to be a song with that in it". It usually stops there. Sometimes though, I get it together and create structure and lyrics and stuff, and I post it here. I love tracking and playing and whatnot. The songwriting part is more a means to an end. I might like to try some 20 minute atonal jams and see if that works better for me :)?

Thanks, uh...DooBro :confused: :)? Oh yeah, he has that "don't come around here no more" song...damn. Well, my title is totally different!

DooBro = Doobie Brother

Sweet. I'm not up on the lingo the kids use these days :). I thought you confused me for dobro for a sec. Not that that's a bad thing - no offense dobro.

Kids don't use that lingo. I made it up myself. So, I'm the only one who uses it LOL

Kids don't use that lingo. I made it up myself. So, I'm the only one who uses it LOL

Thanks for straightening that out. I would've felt like an ass going up to one of my son's friends and being like, "whassup doobro"...thinkin' I was cool or something :).

Hey I think it sound good, I wouldn't worry too much about the mix. Maybe I would drop the vocals in the mix a bit more maybe try a very slight sample delay on
one side of the vox to sit it in the mix. Maybe boost the kick drum around 60 or 125 to bring it out a little bit.

I had the same issue with a drum kit I recorded sitting back in the mix a bit I fixed this with a transient designer and a dynamic control plug in. I also mixed the overheads first with dynamic movement then kinda sat the kick and snare over it again to bring them out.

Might work for you

This is actually pretty great heat. I'm impressed. Don't think I've heard anything as good as this from you before. I like the whole thing, the production, the vocal delivery, the melodies. I even listened to the lyrics. It's mostly the song itself though, it's got a nice mix of pace and rythym, dynamics, simple chords, a pleasing structure plus lots of ear candy. Hats off to you dude this one's a keeper

This is actually pretty great heat. I'm impressed. Don't think I've heard anything as good as this from you before. I like the whole thing, the production, the vocal delivery, the melodies. I even listened to the lyrics. It's mostly the song itself though, it's got a nice mix of pace and rythym, dynamics, simple chords, a pleasing structure plus lots of ear candy. Hats off to you dude this one's a keeper

See, one thing about this thread is that the songs are all accessible via the first post in the thread.

Listening through cans. Pick your ass up don't come here no more. The vocal works throughout. Even the moodyblues segment. Sounds good through headphones.

Hey I think it sound good, I wouldn't worry too much about the mix. Maybe I would drop the vocals in the mix a bit more maybe try a very slight sample delay on
one side of the vox to sit it in the mix. Maybe boost the kick drum around 60 or 125 to bring it out a little bit.

I had the same issue with a drum kit I recorded sitting back in the mix a bit I fixed this with a transient designer and a dynamic control plug in. I also mixed the overheads first with dynamic movement then kinda sat the kick and snare over it again to bring them out.

Might work for you

Thanks man. The vocals already have delay and verb on them, but the delay is pretty subtle. I agree they jump out a bit too much. I've had it with the kick on this one though :p! There's only so much I can take of focusing on one sound and trying to perfect it, you know?

Your other advice is a little over my head, as I don't really use plug ins per se, but thank you for the ideas regardless.

Good energetic intro
Oi Oi!!

Cool, thanks :).

Really? Wow, that's pretty cool bulls. Thank you. I hope we get to hear something again from you soon!

See, one thing about this thread is that the songs are all accessible via the first post in the thread.

Listening through cans. Pick your ass up don't come here no more. The vocal works throughout. Even the moodyblues segment. Sounds good through headphones.

I tell you man, if you take out all of your posts from some of my threads, there wouldn't be all that much left :p! Thanks for always keeping the discussion going.

What's that about the songs in the first post? I did take down the original as I no longer need to compare them, and it was bugging me. Maybe that's what you meant.

Ugh...moody blues? I guess I can see that. Someone earlier mentioned pink floyd. I just wanted to have a section that was as unlike the rest of the song as possible while still fitting. Unusual here in that I used all of the same instruments in the same takes, but just played different parts, whereas I often might track a section like that separately.

I think overall...I was kind of going for b52's meets brian jonestown massacre, or something like that :facepalm: ;)?

What's that about the songs in the first post? I did take down the original as I no longer need to compare them, and it was bugging me. Maybe that's what you meant.

I just like how I can see all the different instalments in the one first post. When I post mix changes, I often do it in my most recent post (as if everybody's been following the thread as breathlessly as me :D), which means you have to scroll around sometimes to find it. I think your way's better.

Back