Do You Hate Rap?

erwin boutay said:
You may be fine with having your children sit around and listen to all the F-bombs..

Fuck, i thought the F-bomb was an invented phrase! It's so fucking funny! Dropping the fucking f-bomb, fuck me, that's just priceless!

'Hey man, I dropped the f-bomb in front of my mom yesterday'
'Fuck man, what did she say'
'Well she was pretty fucking pissed, it is the fucking f-bomb'
'Fuck that shit'

The word fuck is just a word. It can be a noun: "You stupid FUCK"; an adjective: "You FUCKING shit"; a verb: "I FUCKED off real quick". It's just versatile. And harmless.

the thing it..didnt really wanna reply to this thread..since its another beating a dead horse thread...

Kids have always been cursing before music..and if you think just because they hear it from a song or a car they dont then you living in a dream world..Im shure most of use remebr whem you were in scholol cursing someone out and thought it was cool..cause you didnt get caught..

when i had my system in my car..i played my music loud..rather if it hard curse words(bad words as some say) in it or not...and i had my windows crack..but evrything was so clear you could hear every word..i remeber pullin up at a light behind a car (and i was playin Jazz) and a guy make a jesture for me to turn in down..and i turned it up..thats when i was young and loved to see if i could get people to roll up the windows, turn up their radio or turn it off..LOL..

ok i think i went way off topic so im done..back to reading..most post..

mrT said:
what a bunch of pussies... If it's too loud you're too old.
Not much respect to be found in that sentence. When its no longer about the music, or the communicating, or anything involving respect for anyone else all that's left is narcissism. All About Me, with tantrum to follow. Bad karma at the stoplight and everywhere else, with everyone else.

It's par for the course., And this will always come from those who yell first and loudest about not getting respect.

Treeline said:
Not much respect to be found in that sentence. When its no longer about the music, or the communicating, or anything involving respect for anyone else all that's left is narcissism. All About Me, with tantrum to follow. Bad karma at the stoplight and everywhere else, with everyone else.

How come every time someone says rap is shit, a rapper says "Oh yeah..well so is Nickelback"?

We all know Nickelback is shit

watermelon said:
How come every time someone says rap is shit, a rapper says "Oh yeah..well so is Nickelback"?

B.I.N.G.O

Nicelback eat dick for breakfast.

I'm a guitarist but I respect what some rappers do, "the streets" is one of my all time favourate artists that guy is...I don't know how to explain it to me he just has "it" I say anyone who has the balls to put out what they feel in the form of music should beb respected.

Oh and also on the "cop, hatin' and bitch smacki'n" remeber MIDDLE EARTH int he 80's it's pretty much the exact same thing only 80's power metal bads were singing about deamons and goblins.

If it sells it sells.

watermelon said:

Well, don't worry. When people say that you're shit (which you are), nobody is going to pin that on another.

Treeline said:

Maybe I just don't respect pussies. I thought all you rap haters were rockers. The only rockers I know that turn down are infact... too old. You guys have fun listing to your Jimmy Buffet at low to moderate volume. I think I'm gonna keep bumpin my music till everyone hears it. Free publicicty. I'll just shove it down everyones throat (who can't ignore a little loud music for 10 sec at a stop light).

mrT said:
Maybe I just don't respect pussies. I thought all you rap haters were rockers. The only rockers I know that turn down are infact... too old. You guys have fun listing to your Jimmy Buffet at low to moderate volume. I think I'm gonna keep bumpin my music till everyone hears it. Free publicicty. I'll just shove it down everyones throat (who can't ignore a little loud music for 10 sec at a stop light).

What tells you I'm a rap hater? Any of my posts?

What tells you I'm into Jimmy Buffett? Any of my posts?

If you're going to diss someone and use 'respect" in the same sentence, then at least have the balls to know who you're dissing and why, and get straight on whether you even have a hint what "respect" means. Otherwise you just make yourself look silly - the thread becomes more about your own insecurity than it is about what the rest of the world thinks.

Treeline said:
What tells you I'm a rap hater? Any of my posts?

What tells you I'm into Jimmy Buffett? Any of my posts?

If you're going to diss someone and use 'respect" in the same sentence, then at least have the balls to know who you're dissing and why, and get straight on whether you even have a hint what "respect" means. Otherwise you just make yourself look silly - the thread becomes more about your own insecurity than it is about what the rest of the world thinks.

blah blah.... I don't want to hear about why your pussy hurts. Fucking Jimmy Buffett lovers... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just so you know too. I was responding to what you said but wasn't really talking to you. More of a general observation about the "turn it down" crowd. Sorry for any confusion...you jimmybuffettlovingpussy.

mrT said:
blah blah.... I don't want to hear about why your pussy hurts. Fucking Jimmy Buffett lovers... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just so you know too. I was responding to what you said but wasn't really talking to you. More of a general observation about the "turn it down" crowd. Sorry for any confusion...you jimmybuffettlovingpussy.

MEOW.

:D :D :D :D

Now that we've gotten that taken care of, my point is that the only thing that really motivates a person to blast his neighbors - or people who do not know him - so thoroughly that he gets bloody ears, is a need to make himself the center of attention. It works, but so do the antics of a kid making farting sounds in a closed elevator. That's not the music at work - its merely disrespect of everyone else.

my motivation to blast music is hear how hard the beat can hit so i can take it in and find a drive to wanna make my beats hit like that

DesertEase said:
ok so you old school erwin and you don't want your kids to know wut it's like on the streets but you'd feel good about yourself knowing that they are listening to lucy in the sky with diamonds= LSD....but it's the beatles so it must be good right?

DZ, ah..those were the day...Uh, I mean of course not. Besides, the kids I'm talking about are the 5 - 10 year olds or thereabouts. I would hope they haven't been exposed to drugs yet.

This crap needs to be closed. This thread is basically turning out like all other threads of this same subject. The name calling, genre bashing, etc. This isn't helping anyone make better music so it needs to be closed. Point Blank. And before anyone tries to neg rep me, i don't hate on any genre. Music is music and i am a musician/singer(a little :D)/rapper myself. I think you can learn a thing or two from every genre of music. And, there are bad songs in every genre. So instead of arguing over this craziness, lets all get back to our regular recording topics and squash this. When i posted something similar on another thread of this sort, it was closed. Hopefully the same thing happens here. Happy music making fam!

-Tone Jonez

DesertEase said:
my motivation to blast music is hear how hard the beat can hit so i can take it in and find a drive to wanna make my beats hit like that

DZ, I listened to some of your stuff and I understand why you would want to crank it up. I would just hope that if the lyrics flowing along with the beat were a little on the rough side people would have a little respect and be more aware of their surroundings. In any event keep cranking them out because that's always better than some of the alternatives that kids face today.

tone_aot said:
This crap needs to be closed. This thread is basically turning out like all other threads of this same subject. The name calling, genre bashing, etc. This isn't helping anyone make better music so it needs to be closed. Point Blank. And before anyone tries to neg rep me, i don't hate on any genre. Music is music and i am a musician/singer(a little :D)/rapper myself. I think you can learn a thing or two from every genre of music. And, there are bad songs in every genre. So instead of arguing over this craziness, lets all get back to our regular recording topics and squash this. When i posted something similar on another thread of this sort, it was closed. Hopefully the same thing happens here. Happy music making fam!

-Tone Jonez
Can we still hate Nickelback?

Back