Do You Hate Rap?

mrT

Then stay out of the rap forum. That simple. Quit coming in and acting like just because you make rock/country/whatever crap you make that you are better than rappers and producers because you play an instrument. You aren't. And chances are a lot of these rappers will make it long before you do. 90% of the music ANYONE puts on here sucks. Flat out sucks. But instead of just saying it sucks I always try to stay positive and maybe the next time it will be better. This forum is to help people. It isn't a place to spout your narrow belief that "rap isn't music" So at the very least keep that shit in the cave and let this forum be free from bigots and assholes who only are here to antagonize.

DesertEase said:
wut u mean 90% of wut we put on here sucks?

I mean 90% of it sucks. Is sub-par or otherwise not all that good. Some of it kicks ass too. I think that's about the percentage of bands that suck in general too. Not saying that about anyone specifically just that in life I think the great majority of people aren't good at it. But that's what makes those who are so special.

well i agree with you on that90% doesn't suck it's just not hit worthy cuz it needs more work. for myself as an example i am learning how to add effects to my mix to bring it more life and once i can master that my beats will be sell worthy. as for mainstream goes it's obvious that it's not about talent anymore it's just about who you know spittin a 8 bar verse and repeating the hook over and over again (this is comparing to the better days when rap had meaning to it other than the holiday inn bitches weed and coke)

Hi..
I'm a long time 'rocker'.......and I guess I always will be!!.....
And.....as from only recently.....I love what you guys do!!!

Infact, I saw a bit of doco on TV showing how recording rap artist's use their euipment to "RE-Mix" tracks, and "RE-Create" something so spectacular!!
These particular musicians had so much control over their equipment, and such an intimate relationship with their beautiful Technics turntables!!! I was blown away!!....these people immersed themselves into the beat!!

And all I did was watch these artists at work, for a few minutes!!.....and the new respect I have is there simply because I spent some time, opened my eyes, I Shutted the fuck up....and I saw, and I listened!!!

I am about to go CD shopping, to get some music from this genre,...what would be good 'entry-level' Albums to start listening to?

You guys ROCK!!!
Total respect!
Total peace!

Regards,Superspit!

superspit said:
I am about to go CD shopping, to get some music from this genre,...what would be good 'entry-level' Albums to start listening to?

I'd recomend:

Notorious BIG - Life After Death
Wu-Tang - 36 Chambers
Dre - The Chronic
Bone Thugs - E. 1999 Eternal

just to get started.

DesertEase said:
as for mainstream goes it's obvious that it's not about talent anymore it's just about who you know spittin a 8 bar verse and repeating the hook over and over again (this is comparing to the better days when rap had meaning to it other than the holiday inn bitches weed and coke)

Who?.... Mike Jones. I feel ya on that. I hate bling songs way more than weed and coke tracks. At least a creative weed or coke track can bang. I hate hearing about bling though. I guess i just can't relate being poor and all.

Superspit - check out Mos Def, too. That cat is on the positive tip for sure.

Saul Williams is mostly a poet, but he's done stuff with music, too. I saw him on the Chris Rock show once and he blew me away!

As for all the hate that's been going on in here lately, I really don't dig it at all. Count me in as a "Rocker Against Stupid Rap-Hatin' Shit."

Oh, yeah - Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck with! :cool:

lmao damn...look they can hate on rappers all they want but do what you do and you should be fine..dont worry if other people are hating on you because when you get where you wanna be its just that much sweeter !

i love hip hop, i wouldnt say i live and breath it but its damn near my breakfeast every morning...and im talkin about real hip hop not "commercial"..the talib kweli, mos def, jurrasic 5 ummand others that something else to say not just show what theyve made and how they live..
HIP HOP is CELEBRATION OF OVER COMING THE STRUGGLE AND NOT FORGETTIN HOW YOU CAME TO BE AND WHERE YOU CAME FROM..its nothin about diamonds, cars none of that stuff...that came with IGNORANCE and people that couldnt put bars together if they were workin for jail door companies...

be easy !

-1-
C jOker

wu tang...
only rap i'll listen to
but im not gonna come in here and say rap sucks...
diff strokes for diff folks is all :D

thanks guys.......gunna hook me up with some of that stuff you suggested!!

I'd like to become more frequent to these rap/hip-hop forums...hopefully learn something too!!!.........I'm fucking hooked already already!!! :)

rok/rap on!!
Regards,

Superspit. .....now part of Mad Audio's "Rocker Against Stupid Rap-Hatin' Shit."

superspit said:
Superspit. .....now part of Mad Audio's "Rocker Against Stupid Rap-Hatin' Shit."
Maybe I need a better name for it, though. RASRHS just doesn't roll off the tongue that well! :D :cool:

Mos Def; Talib Kweli; The Roots; Common; Talib Kweli; Gang Starr

All of the above are artists who are really true hip hop and I'm quite sure you'll enjoy.

jibran said:
Mos Def; Talib Kweli; The Roots; Common; Talib Kweli; Gang Starr

All of the above are artists who are really true hip hop and I'm quite sure you'll enjoy.

thankyou J...I will be checking these out, and get back to you.
Hey, btw, are you close to the place where they have the Apollo 11 command module on display? (shit, don't ask me why I thought of asking you that!!)
Regards,
Superspit

Back