Do straight answers exist on HR

TruBLUE

It is very annoying when I see a question of interest and I am hopping to find a straight answer but instead I find someone, usually high ranked, that picks apart everything said by the person asking the question then gives a half answer to the question or doesnt answer the question at all.

Then there are times when it seems like the people answering were salesmen trying to get the questionee to buy a bunch of stuff instead of helping them work out the issue without changing up the questionees set up had. i could see if there was no other option but to jump rite in to "get rid of this and this and get this this this and this" that is completely unnecessary.

Free advice is often worth exactly what you paid for it.

If you want direct no nonsense answers, call up the guys who designed and built the gear and pay for the technical support.

Cheers! :)

You're making a heck of an impression TruBlue.

I'll give you a straight answer,

The rest of the world doesn't owe you anything.

edit*
Where'd ya get your piano from in "Peaceful Darkness"?
Sounds exactly like my Yamaha clavinova.

Last edited:
I've seen great answers on this forum!

The only time I have not seen straightforward answers were answers to a stupid question. It can be hard to help a n00b. :D

It is very annoying when I see a question of interest and I am hopping to find a straight answer but instead I find someone, usually high ranked, that picks apart everything said by the person asking the question then gives a half answer to the question or doesnt answer the question at all.

Then there are times when it seems like the people answering were salesmen trying to get the questionee to buy a bunch of stuff instead of helping them work out the issue without changing up the questionees set up had. i could see if there was no other option but to jump rite in to "get rid of this and this and get this this this and this" that is completely unnecessary.
then this forum is of no use to you ..... a LOT of good advice is given on this forum. We've gotten less patient with dumb questions and further we've really lost patience with people having an attitude when they ask questions.

newbies shouldn't start out being combative when politely told they need to do something different.
It quits being polite pretty quickly when newb comes in and jumps in everyone's shit because they're not getting the answers they want.

Dude, chill out bro. :) That rarely, if ever, happens. Feel free to provide examples though!

steenamaroo it is FL Keys a plugin from Fruity Loops i edited it a little to fit my use.

I am not a n00b to recording just a Newbie to HR.

steenamaroo it is FL Keys a plugin from Fruity Loops i edited it a little to fit my use.

I am not a n00b to recording just a Newbie to HR.

That's unreal man! Sounds identical to the Clavinova.
I was expecting you to say you had one too. :p

Cheers.

C'mon man!
That's what the site is about. Discussions, and advice.
If you think the answers to the questions don't belong, just say it there.
If you think the OP is being misled tell them there.
And as far as people recommending stuff to buy. That normally happens when people say "What do I need to _____?".
"An interface." Is a much more straight answer than "you don't need anything. or do you? the sounds are all in your hands and head anyway."

Most of the time when people get upset it's because they feel attacked by "high ranking members" not confirming that what they're doing is right (just saw a thread in the studio forum where rayc said that :D). But they don't mean bad. But you can only get in to long discussions over "What is a good mic for $100 for guitar amps and vocals" before they just say "From my research- The SM57."

Back