DMT-8 new user

Minsterel

Hi,
I am a very new user of a Fostex DMT-8 digital multi-tracker, which has been loaned to me by a friend, together with microphones and headset etc. I have no experience whatsoever in using any gear of this sort, so this is a really steep learning curve, and I would really value someone to chat with to help me understand how to use the equipment! (Although I have tried to study the manual, it is not very helpful to a complete novice like me! for example I don't understand the terminology such as 'punch in and punch out'. A glossary of terms would be so helpful!) In spite of this, I have managed to record some experimental sounds on the first line. I need to be able to erase what I have done. This is where I have got really stuck:(. I have followed the instructions on the bottom of page 90 of the manual, but I can not get rid of the test recording. My friend hasn't used the gear for so long, he can't remember either! Suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks.

Sorry, not intentional. Just thought using the Fostex board would be more appropriate. Hadn't discovered it the first time I posted. I am new to this site too, and only just beginning to find my way around.

EUREKA! Finally sussed it. After slogging through the opening sections again, I realised that I had to mark the beginning and end of what I wanted to erase. So I have now learned how to RECALL, AUTO PUNCH IN and OUT and use the HOLD and jog dial. Now I can get on with the fun of playing!!!! Thanks for your patience!

Back