Dipshit Moment

a few years ago i had a little project studio at my mom's house...basement layla setup...

i was making some decent money out of it (extra 4-5 hundred a week) recording other bands besides my own...

a band came in and wanted a quick three songs....and the guitars were sounding like complete and awful ass....and i couldnt make it happen...position, volume, etc...

i get to the end, and the guys offer to help me clean up and start pulling mics off of the drums (unplugged already)
and a guy grabs the mic off of the guitar cabinet (still plugged in)
i hear no pop, nothing...i make a puzzled face...
i still hear the sound coming through a (what i thought was THE) mic...

i recorded all of the guitar with an SM57, facing the wrong direction, sitting on a metal folding chair, about 7 feet away...

they said it was cool, but i gave them the days money back anyways

Everytime I arm and record, nothing shows up, drop my jaw and stare closer at the monitor, check all settings and cords before realizing I had the guitar volume turned down.
Sometimes I have the mental consciousness of an armpit.

well during a practice... my singer and i decided to go get lunch....we get out the car and lock the keys in the car well i guy with a hanger comes and helps unlock the door and we were like damn thats a good idea....to keep a hanger in the car if we lock the keys in the car and everyone was like yeah thats a good idea....then got to thinking...if i lock the keys in the car, the hanger would be in there too.....what a dumb idea...so we decided that wherever we go they gotta have hangers there....lol

If your car's a beater, just rip the antenna out and replace it with a coat hanger.

Voila! Problem solved. :D

scorpio01169 said:
well during a practice... my singer and i decided to go get lunch....we get out the car and lock the keys in the car well i guy with a hanger comes and helps unlock the door and we were like damn thats a good idea....to keep a hanger in the car if we lock the keys in the car and everyone was like yeah thats a good idea....then got to thinking...if i lock the keys in the car, the hanger would be in there too.....what a dumb idea...so we decided that wherever we go they gotta have hangers there....lol

Why didn't you just tap on the window and tell the bass player to unlock the door?

Back