difference btw fender pt-100 and boss-tu2

there's 100 cents in a half step.
so you can see that 10 to 20 cents would be off by enough to be very noticable.
As a piano tuner, I've learned that most people can't really hear a problem of just a few cents though some can.
For instance, I'll have people tell me that they want the piano tuned to the European standard of A=442 instead of the common A=440. Fact is, that's such a small amount that VERY few people will hear the difference although I'm sure some will pop in here saying that THEY can hear it. And it is possible ...... I can hear it ..... but I tuned 3 to 5 pianos a day 6 days a week for 30 years. Redgrdless, once you get past say, 5-7 cents off, it starts to get more noticable and 10 cents is gonna be obvious to most anyone.

As for the tuner ...... you'll need to check it against a standard .... either a tuning fork (easy to get hold of) or against a higher quality tuner.
It's certainly possible that yours is acceptable but cheap tuners do vary a suprisingly large amount.

??? I see this all the time. Pro and amateur alike. Guitars go out of tune. Nothing unprofessional about sounding good.

Hey T, you should have read my post in it's entirety before flaming me. Nervous, audible tuning is very annoying, and done regularly by nervous newbies as sort of a nervous tik. I would much rather that player was muted while nervously tuning away. I never said a player should not tune. That was the whole point of my response. A player should always be in tune. Thanks for flaming me for no reason.

Reactions: mrT
Hey T, you should have read my post in it's entirety before flaming me. Nervous, audible tuning is very annoying, and done regularly by nervous newbies as sort of a nervous tik. I would much rather that player was muted while nervously tuning away. I never said a player should not tune. That was the whole point of my response. A player should always be in tune. Thanks for flaming me for no reason.

I just said that I don't find it all that annoying for the most part. "Annoying" isn't a stanard definition, it's an opinion. I didn't "flame" you. Chill out man.

I just said that I don't find it all that annoying for the most part. "Annoying" isn't a stanard definition, it's an opinion. I didn't "flame" you. Chill out man.

"You must spread some rep before giving it to MR T" I'm chilled. I call neg rep being flamed which you promptly removed. I will remove mine after I "spread some around". I'm having a very bad week and neg rep just pushed me over the edge. You do see my point about tuning though...Right???

"You must spread some rep before giving it to MR T" I'm chilled. I call neg rep being flamed which you promptly removed. I will remove mine after I "spread some around". I'm having a very bad week and neg rep just pushed me over the edge. You do see my point about tuning though...Right???

No I totally agree about how someone taking forever to tune on stage is annoying. But I've seen plenty of bands that tune without a mute on the tuner and I never lost any respect for them because of it. That was really what I was saying. Didn't come out the best I guess. I think everyone has those kind of days...:cool:

I once saw a band in Houston (Really Red, if anybody in Hews Town remembers them) where the guitar player was out of tune, and the band wouldn't stop and let him fix it, so he kept trying to tune by holding sustained notes and tweaking the tuners. Unsurprisingly, that only made things worse. By the end of their set he was so far off I couldn't tell what chords he was trying to play, and while the rest of the band was holding the last note, he hurled his SG into the audience.

What a sad end for a perfectly good SG!:D

You can change 'rep'?:eek:

one thing ive found with the peterson is that fine tuning is not so easy with regular tuning machines. i salivate when i see those ibanez artcores with fine-tuning bridges

I've had a BOSS TU 12 for years - works great.

I also have the BOSS Chromatic Tuner TU-12. I have used mine for over 20 years and I had to do a little maintenance on the input jack about 2 years ago but apart from that it has never missed a beat!

I just hate musicians and music in general.
In tune ..... out of tune ....... music annoys me!

:D:D

Back