Diablo Insomniac

Which is which on your site?
I've just listened to the one on top.
The vox are too loud - def.
Have a listen to Lemmy's vox in the mix of most Motorhead songs - given the guitar tones & your voice that'd be a good vocal level for this song.
I really enjoyed the listen: there are still some harsh bit that need taming.
Cakewalk is pretty good - I used Pro Audio for a decade or so. Reaper is much better. If you can upload your tracks into that & synch them properly you'll amaze yourself. with what you can do in the mixing realm - let alone recording.
I spent a decade or so on 4 track tape before cakewalk so know the horror of having to be prepared, planned, sequenced and have a good work flow due to bouncing. I have no idea how they did it all at Abbey Road etc. I mean the engineers would have had a clue but combining the creative process with the logistics would've been a nightmare.
keep us posted with developments.
Oh, C'est la vie say the old folks - don't you know you never can tell!
P.S.
I hope you don't go through 50 shades of grey whilst fading! - By the spelling of grey in the lyric I'd assumed you were not of the North American spelling persuasion but Indiana would suggest otherwise.

Thanks rayC. At first I mixed the vox at a lower volume but the words didn't sound ledgable - but it depends on what system I play back on - even on my studio monitors. I'll remix and lower the vox volume and see what happens.
BTW - the first flaming link has vox - the second is just a mix of the music with no vox.

Listening to two versions of the instrument sounds heaps better for me. In my opinion in the first version of the vocal is a bit loud, may be mixed.

Back