Deacy build thread.

Tried to use the amp on an intro for a fella today.

No good. :(

Just a teensy weensy bit Brian-esque...huh?

Tone was nice - very BM!

Tune and harmony, not so much :rolleyes:. I liked the first 6 seconds or so. Would have to hear what the intro leads into.

But... The tone!

Ah, the old neglected Deacy thread.

I think kip's been off building everything that exists :p and I've been a little tied up with some recording and a couple of other projects.

I do wana get some deacy rock on though. Stay tuned.
I've been meaning to pull that 12" speaker out of the loft to see how it goes. It was fun getting it up there though; Procrastinating never hurts my back!

Cheers for the update.

I've finished my 4 channel JLM preamp finally, and will put up some pics in a new thread in the next day or so.

I've been well busy building all kinds of pedals and learning the ins and outs of circuits.
I will get the hang of it.
So far my biggest projects include Son of Screamer (stripped down tube screamer)
and the Rothwell Love Squeeze (comp)
I have a few more that are still being debugged too.
when i get a few more done i'll start a thread and post some samples too guys :)
Stay Tuned

Hey all. Dead thread walking here!

I made some changes this week and decided to throw up a little video.
My little amp didn't have the same bite as others I've seen so I replaced the treble-booster with a positive ground rangemaster-style jobby,
and sealed off the two holes in the cabinet (port and tweeter).

It's good a good bit more volume and bite now. I think perhaps the little +/-9v chip may have been limiting things.

I did replace the speaker with a Jensen but it was too bright for me so I put the old one back in. (FS if anyone wants it)
I've also added a little HF roll-off switch just because...why not, right?

Here's the video. :)
Miked with a 57 just out of shot.

If the screen's black, change video quality.

Back