DAW Users With ADD

It appears that my insurance company is going to cover the rodent damage to my car (less my deductible). :D :D

I just got a call from the dealer who said the adjuster was in, approved the repair, and gave them a claim number. 'Bout time something went right.

Happy Friday All.

Having to pay a deductible because rodents chew your cars wires isn't really a good definition of "something going right",at least in my book.:rolleyes:

The weather
It's snowing,or slushing.Either way it'll be melted by the days end.After a beautiful week this is our Saturday payoff.Next week should be mild and dry.

Today
Nothing,nothing at all planned.I've been having my life dictated for me for such a long time that I don't know what to do when I have nothing to do.

My son goes to a science camp and will be away from home for five days,other thasn staying at a relatives house for three days this is the longest he's ever been away from us.He's not worried,he's looking forward to it.My wife on the other hand:rolleyes:.They've got to grow up some time,just don't tell my wife that.

LATER!!!

Having to pay a deductible because rodents chew your cars wires isn't really a good definition of "something going right",at least in my book.:rolleyes:
When I compare it to my initial situation (which I thought meant paying the entire $1600 by myself) it is. Plus, fortunately, I only have a $100 deductible on comprehensive.

Bands

We had our first practice without our drummer last night. And, of course, the lead guitar player didn't show up. So now we are actively discussing tossing him out.

It's tough to tell someone they have to be "more committed" to what is essentially a hobby group. But it's unfair to the rest of us when we've learned a song, and then have to go back over it to teach the guitar player his part because he hasn't showed up for practice in three weeks.

He's in another group, and I don't think he can deal with being in two bands... despite the fact that he has no day job, no wife or kids, or any other obligations to speak of.

Last week he practiced with his other band on Tues and Wed night. Then they had a gig on Thurs and Sat. He didn't show up for our practice on Friday because - are you ready? - he was too exhausted. :laughings:

I didn't have the heart to mention to him that he was playing music on those nights, not hanging overhead doors in cow pastures. ;) And he didn't even have to get up for work the following days. :rolleyes:

Bands

We had our first practice without our drummer last night. And, of course, the lead guitar player didn't show up. So now we are actively discussing tossing him out.

It's tough to tell someone they have to be "more committed" to what is essentially a hobby group. But it's unfair to the rest of us when we've learned a song, and then have to go back over it to teach the guitar player his part because he hasn't showed up for practice in three weeks.

He's in another group, and I don't think he can deal with being in two bands... despite the fact that he has no day job, no wife or kids, or any other obligations to speak of.

Last week he practiced with his other band on Tues and Wed night. Then they had a gig on Thurs and Sat. He didn't show up for our practice on Friday because - are you ready? - he was too exhausted. :laughings:

I didn't have the heart to mention to him that he was playing music on those nights, not hanging overhead doors in cow pastures. ;) And he didn't even have to get up for work the following days. :rolleyes:

I read somewhere awhile back that B.B.King did something like 300+ shows when he was 67.

Once I worked from 7AM to 9PM on a Friday had to rush home take a shower and rush to a gig where my partner was already playing solo(we started at 10:00)and immediatly jumped on stage and started playing.It ended up being a great night,I also slept very well that night.:D

For me it would be easier to be commited to a hobby than professional music just because of the pressure.

I've been tryng to work some instrumental stuff into my repetoire and expand my range with harmonicas.Here's something that I hope to add on to that I recorded this morning using a harmonic minor harp....

I've got a couple of straight minor harps that I've been working out stuff with too.There's more to this whole harmonica thing than the Bob Dylan stuff.(Who is a crappy harp player BTW)

I've been tryng to work some instrumental stuff into my repetoire and expand my range with harmonicas.Here's something that I hope to add on to that I recorded this morning using a harmonic minor harp....

I've got a couple of straight minor harps that I've been working out stuff with too.There's more to this whole harmonica thing than the Bob Dylan stuff.(Who is a crappy harp player BTW)

Excellent playing AR, and a nice instrumental too; has a very Eastern European feel to it.

Bob Dylan is a crappy guitar player and singer BTW - but I still buy his albums.:confused::D

I read somewhere awhile back that B.B.King did something like 300+ shows when he was 67.

Once I worked from 7AM to 9PM on a Friday had to rush home take a shower and rush to a gig where my partner was already playing solo(we started at 10:00)and immediatly jumped on stage and started playing.It ended up being a great night,I also slept very well that night.:D

For me it would be easier to be commited to a hobby than professional music just because of the pressure.

My youngest daughter, the singer, has just done two straight days as an intern for a music PR company in London. She came home on Friday night and slept for the whole of Saturday pretty much, citing long hours and hard work as the reason:rolleyes:

She's obviously a chip off the old block ;) :)

US Healthcare So I see Mr Obama got his healthcare bill passed - how do you all feel about it? Will it change anything for you guys? Better or worse?

US Healthcare So I see Mr Obama got his healthcare bill passed - how do you all feel about it? Will it change anything for you guys? Better or worse?
Well he got something passed. Although it certainly isn't anything close to what he wanted when he started this process. As the old Bismark saying goes, "Laws are like sausage. It's better not to see either one being made."

Probably too early to tell how it will effect any of us. By establishing state insurance exchanges, it is "theoretically" supposed to drive down insurance premiums for people who purchase insurance on their own (e.g., me!). My guess, however, is that by the time we actually see any results from that, I will already be eligible for Medicare (which is an already existing universal healthcare program for seniors). I'm less than three years away from being eligible.

I don't know all the details yet... but somehow I figure I will get screwed in all of this. :)

My youngest daughter, the singer, has just done two straight days as an intern for a music PR company in London. She came home on Friday night and slept for the whole of Saturday pretty much, citing long hours and hard work as the reason:rolleyes:
Does she want to join a band with our lead guitar player? :rolleyes:

Does she want to join a band with our lead guitar player? :rolleyes:
Very possibly. If sleeping all day, earning no money and sponging off the Bank of M&D is a prerequisite then count her in.:eek:

It's funny how some peeps are. One of the junior internal sales guys here has been off with "stress" for some weeks, just cuz his manager wouldn't let him have time off after he'd pulled a couple of late nights (he gets paid for it though). This is not the first time he's done that.

This guy lives with his M&D, has no mortgage, not married, no kids, no-one but him to manage and yet he's suffering stress.:mad:

This morning I brought it in for the appointment. It turns out some animal (probably a squirrel or chipmunk, since we have many in our neighborhood) had made a nest on top of my engine block. It also decided to chew away at all those pretty wires. I imagine the bastard was trying to get out of the rain, and found this nice dry spot under my hood. :mad: :mad:

Apparently this is not as uncommon as you would think.
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf32563890.tip.html

There doesn't seem to be any general consensus on how to stop it from reoccurring either. :( :( Although cayenne pepper and something called rat-away seem to get the most votes.

Well he got something passed. Although it certainly isn't anything close to what he wanted when he started this process. As the old Bismark saying goes, "Laws are like sausage. It's better not to see either one being made."

Probably too early to tell how it will effect any of us. By establishing state insurance exchanges, it is "theoretically" supposed to drive down insurance premiums for people who purchase insurance on their own (e.g., me!). My guess, however, is that by the time we actually see any results from that, I will already be eligible for Medicare (which is an already existing universal healthcare program for seniors). I'm less than three years away from being eligible.

I don't know all the details yet... but somehow I figure I will get screwed in all of this. :)
As I understand it from the BBC website analysis, you'll only get screwed if you pay tax. And earn more than $250,000 per annum.

The debate over this looked very strange from a European perspective; some of the Republican representitives appear to see Reds under the bed in almost any suggestion that improves the lives of citizens.

Whereas over here, it is a given that Government do everything possible to improve the lives of its citizens but no-one would ever argue to cut healthcare expenditure - in fact, the reverse is true.

I don't understand that nonsense. :mad: :mad:

...unless she was carrying propane tanks in the back seat. :D

My dryer is probably 20 years old. I've had to replace a drum belt and an ignitor over the years, but otherwise it still runs fine. Of course, I probably only average one load of clothes a week. That is, except for when my son was living here - which coincidentally happens to be the same period of time when I had to replace the belt and ignitor. :rolleyes:

Going to see Green Zone this afternoon. I've give you my review later.

Still waiting to see if my insurance is going to cover the rodent damage to my car. They called today and are going to inspect the car tomorrow. Not sure what they are expecting to see. I'm sure the nest has been removed by now, so all that's left are some chewed wires. They can't take a statement from the dealer regarding the damage?

The good news on the tumble dryer is that I got a new element from our local store and fitted it myself for about $40, much to wifeys utter disgust - she wanted a fancy new one for $750 :eek:

How was Green Zone? And whats the verdict from your car insurer?

Whereas over here, it is a given that Government do everything possible to improve the lives of its citizens but no-one would ever argue to cut healthcare expenditure - in fact, the reverse is true.

There is a deep-grained part of the American culture that feels the statement "Hi, I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." is an oxymoron.

And at its root, the main Republican platform is: the less government we have, the better off we are. I think it stems from a belief that having too large a safety net is a disincentive to the work ethic. Why work hard if the government is simply going to tax your money away and use it to support the guy who doesn't work at all.

How was Green Zone? And whats the verdict from your car insurer?

Green Zone was actually pretty good. It makes a political statement, but it's one that I happen to agree with, so I liked it. :)

I haven't heard directly from my insurance company yet, but the repair shop said the adjuster came in on Friday and OK'd the repair. :D

I assume they means they are covering the entire bill (minus my deductible). However, they said I would need to pay for the repair, and the insurance co. will cut a check directly to me. I'm OK with that... so long as the reimbursement check actually shows up.

There is a deep-grained part of the American culture that feels the statement "Hi, I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." is an oxymoron.

And at its root, the main Republican platform is: the less government we have, the better off we are. I think it stems from a belief that having too large a safety net is a disincentive to the work ethic. Why work hard if the government is simply going to tax your money away and use it to support the guy who doesn't work at all.

Its an oxymoron over here too. Except that time when you are lying in the road after being hit by a car or suffering from cancer or whatever and then when asked if you want taking care of irrespective of age, creed, ability to pay or colour I guess most folk would say "yes please."

Most thinking people would surely see health care as a basic human right provided by the state and paid for by taxes? Or maybe not?:confused:

The problem I have with politics is that no single party represents all my beliefs. I am half Republican and half Democrat. With some Liberal thrown in too.:rolleyes: And the Republican in me is slightly to the right of Attila the Hun whilst the Democrat in me is slightly to the left of Lenin. The liberal in me is more like Mae West - without the frock:laughings:

Green Zone was actually pretty good. It makes a political statement, but it's one that I happen to agree with, so I liked it. :)

I haven't heard directly from my insurance company yet, but the repair shop said the adjuster came in on Friday and OK'd the repair. :D

I assume they means they are covering the entire bill (minus my deductible). However, they said I would need to pay for the repair, and the insurance co. will cut a check directly to me. I'm OK with that... so long as the reimbursement check actually shows up.

Thats unusual; over here, the bill is settled by the Insurance company directly to the Reparer. Anyway, its good to know you are covered for it.

We sorted my daughters insurance on Saturday. Her insurer wanted to increase her premiums from $1500 to $3600 per annum becasue the paid out $5000 for her car which caught fire. So we shopped around and got a like for like policy for $1300. Go figure.:confused:

I have none of these,plus I have accounts which are getting larger by the day.I paid my house off at 40 and I've been putting my money away rather than trying to keep up with the Jonses(or Smiths).This makes my situation more unique as compared to the average Joe Blow.There should be some benifits to living in a shack and not having a life.;)

I'll probably just step down to a minimum of insurance.It's just been that through the process I've noticed that the insurance companies have heavily weighted things in their favor,but of course the have the luxury of betting against the pool whereas I can only bet against myself.

I can definitely say Guy you are absolutely bloody unique, no question.:D

I still remember that picture you posted of your family Christmas tree some years back - white and almost bald. Or was that you? Anyway, someone who is as tight with cash as you should run for office:p

Most thinking people would surely see health care as a basic human right provided by the state and paid for by taxes? Or maybe not?:confused:
The way they get around that here is that if you can drag your bleeding and sorry ass to an emergency room, they can't refuse you treatment. Even if you can't pay. Talk about oxymorons. Obviously you know who's gonna PAY for that anyway. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The way they get around that here is that if you can drag your bleeding and sorry ass to an emergency room, they can't refuse you treatment. Even if you can't pay. Talk about oxymorons. Obviously you know who's gonna PAY for that anyway. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Absolutely.:rolleyes:

Its facinating to read the contrasting interviews on the BBC website with US families who are pro and anti on this matter; it really does demonstrate a completely different mindset than in Europe (on the anti side, that is).;)

However, it must be said that the National Health Care program here does involve health care trusts getting involved in "who gets what level of care, drugs and operations" type decisions.

The truth is, with the cost of health care and the rapid technical advances in medicine, it could swallow up the entire GDP of the country if you let it. So a balance has to be made somewhere.

This whole healthcare insurance thing is mind boggling. Here's a great example. On March 1st, as you may recall, I had cataract surgery. I just got the summary of benefits from my insurance company. The doctor's bill was $3200. They paid what I assume is their negotiated rate for this procedure - $629.13. My responsibility is $0.00. And the other $2500? Apparently simply forgotten.

My question is, who actually pays the $3200 rate??? Obviously anyone without insurance would. But anyone without insurance probably doesn't have the $3200 to begin with. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is quite typical. Right before my father passed away he racked up over $100,000 in hospital bills. I don't recall the exact amount, but insurance paid something around $15,000. The rest? Forgotten. Gone. Vanished.

I just don't get it. If my doctor can do the surgery (and apparently make a profit) at $629, why is his "rate" $3200??? :confused:

There is some game being played here, but it's one that I can't seem to figure out what the rules are. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back