DAW Users With ADD

The movie,not that cool smiley of mine.

I finally saw it.Very generic story,really just a showcase for CGI technology.A must see if you're into that.

I'm looking forward to Ironman 2,Kick Ass and Clash of the Titans.I'm probably going to rent Hurt Locker as it seems to be in my wheelhouse.

Work
I'm off again today,I'm getting mixed signals but it's been mostly hand to mouth.
I'd really like to do some painting around the house but my wife won't allow it until it gets warmer and we can leave the windows open for prolonged periods,which isn't going to happen until I'm to busy to do it.:rolleyes:

Milestones

Eight years of this thread coming up soon....

LATER!!!

Looks like our drummer has quit the group. He hasn't seemed too into it for awhile. Not sure what his problem is. He said he doesn't like our material and is tired of rehearsing it over and over. Odd, considering he probably suggested 40-50% of the songs we do.

I believe there is another agenda here, but for the life of me I don't know what it is. I doubt we'll try and replace him and will probably just continue on without drums. If we do any recording (which we haven't done in nearly two years), we can go with canned drums I guess.

It's disappointing, but what's a band without drama. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

Looks like our drummer has quit the group. He hasn't seemed too into it for awhile. Not sure what his problem is. He said he doesn't like our material and is tired of rehearsing it over and over. Odd, considering he probably suggested 40-50% of the songs we do.

I believe there is another agenda here, but for the life of me I don't know what it is. I doubt we'll try and replace him and will probably just continue on without drums. If we do any recording (which we haven't done in nearly two years), we can go with canned drums I guess.

It's disappointing, but what's a band without drama. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

Two words:No groupies

What's your position on this,are you interested in recording solo or was this just for the benefit of the band as a whole?

Also what does the group consist of?

What's your position on this,are you interested in recording solo or was this just for the benefit of the band as a whole?

Also what does the group consist of?
The group currently consists of lead guitar, rhythm guitar, bass, percussion, two singers, and (up until this weekend) drums.

Recording was mostly just for the group - although since we added the bass and lead guitar, we haven't really done any recording. Not sure how I feel about recording solo. I doubt I have the patience to hole up in my basement by myself. However, if the group ever completely breaks up, I might consider it. OTOH, the group owns the equipment. So if the group ever breaks up, I'm not sure what equipment I'd be left with to record. :( :(

No explanation,not even a Dear Mike letter?
He says he guesses he just lost interest. I imagine that's probably the best explanation we'll get. I do find it odd that someone who has played drums steadily since he was 14 or 15 could suddenly lose interest.

I know he is disappointed in the lead guitar player. The guy is pretty good, but has no memory whatsoever. So every time you play a song with him it's an adventure. But why not suggest getting rid of the guitar player, rather than quitting? Particularly since the drummer has been with us for 5 or 6 years, while the guitar player is only with us a year or so.

In the long run, though, I guess it doesn't matter the reasons. What shall be, shall be.

Band politics are a real PITA. I guess just cuz you are muso's doesn't mean that you are bound to get along. And in my experience, drummers were always "odd.".

Still, after so long it sucks, but if it ain't fun anymore then better call a halt to it.:(

I enjoy my solo stuff; working around so many people all day, I just love my own space and company. At least I only have myself to blame for everything that doesn't work out.;)

Not sure how I feel about recording solo. I doubt I have the patience to hole up in my basement by myself. However, if the group ever completely breaks up, I might consider it.

Look what I did holed up in the basement by myself this morning.....

Anmost makes breaking up the band look good.:D

Band politics are a real PITA. I guess just cuz you are muso's doesn't mean that you are bound to get along. And in my experience, drummers were always "odd.".
Actually, we do get along. Most of the guys in the group have known each other since high school (45+ years), and I've know the drummer probably over 50 years.

The one thing I agree with is, if he ain't having fun, he shouldn't be doing it. The puzzling part to me is, why ain't he having fun??

Maybe it's my deodorant!! :eek: :eek:

So, it's Acid Rain drops falling on his head that made him bald:laughings:

Gave me the best laugh of the day:)

He's turning into a right little limelight stealer isn't he?;) Suddenly snook up on us and turned all "performer" since he got that banjo/uke thingy.

I blame George Formby (Google here).;)

Oh God save us from the great unwashed/unemployed/prematurely retired/lazy b******s that populate this world. As we all recognise, I am none of these things :drunk:

:D

Back