DAW Users With ADD

From a pure football standpoint, last weekend was about as good as I can remember. I'll watch this weeks games as well, go Bengals!

I'm on the cusp of dealing with the same problems you're having and much like you I have no good answers.

If I didn’t know better, I’d say Mahomes threw this game. He missed passes in 2nd half I could’ve completed. Plus that dumb play to end 1st half. After which he’s trying to call time out when they didn’t have any. I’m telling you, it’s like he had a wad of money on Cincy.

So far, no 30+ point blowouts! That's a good thing.

The Bengals earned their trip to the SB. They broke the dreaded "Lose the coin toss" curse of overtime.(that rule needs to change!) Wasn't it just two years ago that they won 2 games all season? Kinda like Cleveland was a few years ago when they didn't win a game. It'll be good to see some new blood this year.

So far, no 30+ point blowouts! That's a good thing.

The Bengals earned their trip to the SB. They broke the dreaded "Lose the coin toss" curse of overtime.(that rule needs to change!) Wasn't it just two years ago that they won 2 games all season? Kinda like Cleveland was a few years ago when they didn't win a game. It'll be good to see some new blood this year.
Yeah, tired of the Bradys and Rodgers - although the latter is more playoffs than SBs. :ROFLMAO:

But Cincy and Buffalo shows what a top notch QB can do for a team. Despite the closeness of yesterday’s games, I found them less exciting than last weeks games. Cincy’s comeback was more KC collapsing imo. Still thinking Mahomes deliberately threw that game. Lol.

New blood in Giantland, with several top picks. They say they’re sticking with Jones for now. Probably a mistake, but he’s never had an O line in front of him. Drafting linemen high up tends to be boring, but that’s really what they need to do to build on. Not sure what’s available as I don’t follow college fb that closely.

Mom update: my brother is taking her out of acute care this weekend, and moving her to an assisted living facility in Michigan. She’ll still require more rehab and some assistance with everyday tasks, but she can get that there, and she absolutely hates the place she’s in now.

Her kids are pretty spread out: NJ, MI, CA, and PA. So no matter where she went she’d be close to one, and not close to the other three. It is what it is. Also MI seems to be a bit cheaper than the places we looked at in NJ and PA. She has enough funds to last maybe 3+ years in an assisted living facility. She will also be eligible for some VA benefits as a widow of a WWII vet. That’ll stretch things a little further. She’s 95, so if she outlasts that, we’ll cross that bridge then I guess.

Other than the broken hip, and some hearing and sight issues, she is in pretty good shape for her age. Her mind is still very sharp (better than mine, lol). It’s sad in some senses, but they have many activities at these places and other people her age. So I’m hoping she’ll be happy there. TBD, I guess. My brother will be 5 minutes away as well.

14450 posts in one thread... quite impressive.

Just for grins, I looked at the first page of posts in this thread. 20 years ago, the 4th post by CrossStudio shows his speedtest results. 14.55Mbps download and 1.69Mbps upload with a 45ms ping. Pretty darn fast for the time.

I just ran speedtest on my laptop going through wifi and got:

speedtest.jpg

I know it's faster when I run on my desktop that's wired, usually around 210Mbps. A buddy of mine just upgraded to gigabyte fiber. He said it routinely gets 800-900Mbps. Who would have thunk it! I thought going from a 110baud acoustic coupler to a 300baud modem was an improvement! I still have a Hayes 1200 modem in a box downstairs. That was top banana at the time. I think it cost me about $300 at the time.

I wonder where we'll be in 2042.

I thought all scoring plays were reviewed? How was that Cincy touchdown allowed to stand? I’m gonna guess pass interference is not reviewable? At this point that could be the ballgame.

14450 posts in one thread... quite impressive.

Just for grins, I looked at the first page of posts in this thread. 20 years ago, the 4th post by CrossStudio shows his speedtest results. 14.55Mbps download and 1.69Mbps upload with a 45ms ping. Pretty darn fast for the time.

I just ran speedtest on my laptop going through wifi and got:

View attachment 114878

I know it's faster when I run on my desktop that's wired, usually around 210Mbps. A buddy of mine just upgraded to gigabyte fiber. He said it routinely gets 800-900Mbps. Who would have thunk it! I thought going from a 110baud acoustic coupler to a 300baud modem was an improvement! I still have a Hayes 1200 modem in a box downstairs. That was top banana at the time. I think it cost me about $300 at the time.

In 1998-99, I used a buddy's desktop hooked to Dish with it's phone line connection. Most pages with images took 5+ minutes to load - it was excruciating to watch one line at a time slowly scrawl across the screen. Today, my desktop w/cable modem does it in less than 2 seconds @ 200Mbps.

Prior to that, some 10 years earlier, I had been using a 2400 baud modem in my first home studio to collaborate with other musicians - that was in my synth and MIDI phase. That was relatively fast, but it was all text at the time.

I wonder where we'll be in 2042.

If they ever get this quantum computing stuff flying and into the hands of the general population, the internet(?) speeds may become irrelevant as it will be instantaneous. I believe quantum applications should make most of our current connection methods obsolete as physical connectivity and distance are removed from the equation.

Today, my desktop w/cable modem does it in less than 2 seconds @ 200Mbps.
I’m watching 4k UHD video with 5.1 audio streamed over the internet these days. And (was) doing it over a 100 mbps connection with room to spare. (I’ve since upgraded to 200.)

Pretty amazing stuff. Unfortunately all this speed for TV, movies, shopping, music, etc., just gives me even less reason to ever leave the house. 🙈

Today, my desktop w/cable modem does it in less than 2 seconds @ 200Mbps.

I’m watching 4k UHD video with 5.1 audio streamed over the internet these days. And (was) doing it over a 100 mbps connection with room to spare. (I’ve since upgraded to 200.)

Pretty amazing stuff. Unfortunately all this speed for TV, movies, shopping, music, etc., just gives me even less reason to ever leave the house. 🙈
I'm fully satisfied with the 200Mbps I'm getting now, yet my provider is pummeling me with eMails and postal offerings to bump it up to 400Mbps for "only" $20/mo more.

I'm fully satisfied with the 200Mbps I'm getting now, yet my provider is pummeling me with eMails and postal offerings to bump it up to 400Mbps for "only" $20/mo more.
Same here, only they want me to go to 1 gb. I live alone and was totally fine with 100 mbps. Only reason i bumped to 200 was they offered it for the same price. 💰

Back