DAW Users With ADD

I made it to almost 1am. I had the TV on, watched the CFB semi finals (not very good games), and was browsing the 'net. I had my G&L on the stand next to the La-Z-Boy, and picked it up every so often. I also finished off the last of an old bottle of Heaven Hill, just enough for one good drink.

So my 95 yo mom fell on New Year’s Eve day and broke her hip. She had surgery on it on Saturday, and came thru ok. Today they are moving her to a rehab facility. Probably be there for at least a month.

After that we need to decide if she can continue to live on her own. She still has all her faculties, thankfully. But her eyesight and hearing are bad, and the falling is obviously an issue.

I guess we knew this day would come, but still not fun. ☹️

Sorry to hear this, I'm not so sure a 95YO should be living without some type of assistance available.

Meanwhile another year of wondering who we'll lose to in the championship game. Luckily nobody is really that great right now. Rodgers will get his fourth MVP though.

Sorry to hear about your mom. I went through that with my dad 6 years ago. He had Parkinsons, and it affected his balance. He finally fell and broke his hip. He went through rehab, but ended up staying in the nursing home because my mom was bedridden. He stayed with her until the end, then moved to an assisted living facility for 2 more years.

If she can get to the point that she can move around, and you find the right assisted living facility, I think it is better than a full blown nursing home. They have a bit more independence, but still have someone there if they need help. For someone who has lived on their own for a long time, that's important.

Let the games begin. I've stated many times, if Brady wins it all again I'm going to blow a gasket.

If the Packers blow another home field advantage I will also blow a gasket.

I think I need to buy a couple of spare gaskets.

I try not to make too much of one game, but Buffalo and KC look awfully good. Not great news for the Packers. Both have QBs in Rodgers league, with better supporting casts. And of course there’s Brady and the Bucs to get thru too - although I like their chances there.

I'm more concerned with the Packer's past history in the playoffs than their current foes.

As I watch the NFL this year it seems all the teams have been inconsistent at times and that the best thing the Packers have going for them. it's truly an "On any given day" type of year.

The Cowgirls losing always makes the post season a little sweeter, sorry Jerry.

Absolutely no way GB should have lost that game. Blocked punt to tie it. Ugh. But Packers still get the ball back, tied game, and 4+ minutes left. They go 3 and out? Unacceptable.

I guess you called it AR.

Total disgust, Rodgers is a regular season MVP and a post season choker. Losing to a team that scores six points on offense when you have homefield and a bye is historically bad, second season in a row as well.

I think this year's playoffs have been interesting. 3 games, all decided in the last few seconds. It looked like LA had thrown everything in the crapper, only to actually not play to lose in the last 40 seconds and win the game. (and I don't really care for either Tampa or LA).

Gonna be hard to match last weekend‘s action this week. Plus the matchups aren’t too exciting. Mahomes v Burrow has some interest, but it’s not Mahomes v Allen imo.

I’ll watch anyway I’m sure. 😁

Still struggling with how to handle my mom. She is still in a subacute care unit rehabbing her hip, and she hates it. What to do when she’s released is the $64,000 question. Four children, spaced out over 4 states, and less than unanimity over the path forward. ☹️

I have a brother in Michigan that I’m ready to put out a contract on. 🥊🪓⛏🗡🔪🧨🔫

Back