DAW Users With ADD

We ate. We drank. We ate some more. We drank some more. :D

There's pictures if you're interested:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124672862@N07/

So are you going back again or will the next trip be somewhere else?

I have no vacation plans for yet another year myself other than perhaps a staycation or a workation.

Winterkill
A little disappointment this year in the garden as the rough winter took it's toll on my plants. We've been waiting for things to come back but it's getting a little late in the year. The deer population was hit so hard that the rules for what you could kill have changed.

School

Is almost out, after a handful of banquets and concerts, tonight is the season ending fundraiser. Next week Thursday is the kids last day.

Next year my boy will be a senior, how time flies.

LATER!!!

So are you going back again or will the next trip be somewhere else?
Probably somewhere else... but it could be awhile. I have some other expenses I need to attend to over the next year or two (re-carpeting, bathroom/kitchen remodeling, etc.) I'd like to do England/Ireland someday, although the food makes me hesitant. I'd also like to do an Alaskan cruise.

Feast or Famine
Last night we very well might have added another guitar player, AND a keyboard player to the group. The head case guitar player who used to play with us a couple of years ago has decided to come back. Musically he fits us very well... but he's a bit out there. We'll see. He came last night, and says he plans to keep coming.

We also got in contact with a keyboard player that a couple guys in the group played with before back in the days right after high school. He came last night on a sort of scouting mission. He didn't play, but liked what he heard and claims he will also be coming back again next week. However, I think he needs to buy a keyboard. He has a Hammond organ at his house, but no way we're moving that over here. :rolleyes: He claims his son has one that isn't being used, so we'll see.

Lose a singer, gain a keyboard and guitarist. It's the yin and yang of life. :)

Probably somewhere else... but it could be awhile. I have some other expenses I need to attend to over the next year or two (re-carpeting, bathroom/kitchen remodeling, etc.) I'd like to do England/Ireland someday, although the food makes me hesitant.

Hey Paul, are you going to take this kind of abuse?

England and Europe would be on my bucket list but I've still got a lot of America that I haven't seen yet.

I'd also like to do an Alaskan cruise.

That's my wife's place she wants to go to. I have a friend who has been there twice.

Natural scenery beats man made attractions all day long, Vegas being the exception.

Feast or Famine
Last night we very well might have added another guitar player, AND a keyboard player to the group. The head case guitar player who used to play with us a couple of years ago has decided to come back. Musically he fits us very well... but he's a bit out there. We'll see. He came last night, and says he plans to keep coming.

We also got in contact with a keyboard player that a couple guys in the group played with before back in the days right after high school. He came last night on a sort of scouting mission. He didn't play, but liked what he heard and claims he will also be coming back again next week. However, I think he needs to buy a keyboard. He has a Hammond organ at his house, but no way we're moving that over here. :rolleyes: He claims his son has one that isn't being used, so we'll see.

Lose a singer, gain a keyboard and guitarist. It's the yin and yang of life. :)

Well that's good news, there's not much you can't do if everything works out. Are you up against it input wise?

Am I correct that you have a percussionist too? It's amazing how much a shaker or a tambourine can fill out the sound.

Well that's good news, there's not much you can't do if everything works out. Are you up against it input wise?
Yeah, pretty much so. I have one open channel that we can use for the keyboard, and I can put the other guitar into the channel that we previously were using for the vocalist who just left. That's pretty much it. Channel 1 has been doa for awhile - not sure why - but if we took it in for repair it would give us one extra channel. The new guitar player has been making noises about wanting to sing. Right now, though, we have no place to put another mic. So it's moot for the time being.

Am I correct that you have a percussionist too? It's amazing how much a shaker or a tambourine can fill out the sound.
Yeah - percussionist/harmonica. He's not a great harp player, but it still adds to the sound.

So, week two. The good news is the guitar player showed again. The not so good news is that keyboardist didn't. He claimed he had gone to the dentist yesterday and wasn't feeling so hot last night. We're not so sure. Our guess is that maybe he is concerned about making the commitment to come every Friday night, or possibly, because is a bit out or practice, he's a little intimidated. Whatever, I guess time will tell.

Practice was a bit rough still, since we are still working through losing a vocalist, and the new guitar player doesn't really know most of the songs. Our lead singer has a commitment the next two weeks, so we are going to take the opportunity to work with the guitar player to start to teach him some of the songs. He's a pretty quick study, but has memory issues. So it's quite likely he'll forget whatever we taught him by the following week. :rolleyes:

Bottom line is that when everything comes together, we reach new heights. OTOH, not a lot is coming together right now. :(

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

You muthas!

I thought about getting some kind of toy , but I've got too many already. The kids and I will probably head up to Farm & Fleet and buy something there, it's my favorite non-music store.;)

So, week two. The good news is the guitar player showed again. The not so good news is that keyboardist didn't. He claimed he had gone to the dentist yesterday and wasn't feeling so hot last night. We're not so sure. Our guess is that maybe he is concerned about making the commitment to come every Friday night, or possibly, because is a bit out or practice, he's a little intimidated. Whatever, I guess time will tell.

Practice was a bit rough still, since we are still working through losing a vocalist, and the new guitar player doesn't really know most of the songs. Our lead singer has a commitment the next two weeks, so we are going to take the opportunity to work with the guitar player to start to teach him some of the songs. He's a pretty quick study, but has memory issues. So it's quite likely he'll forget whatever we taught him by the following week. :rolleyes:

Bottom line is that when everything comes together, we reach new heights. OTOH, not a lot is coming together right now. :(

You've got all the turmoil of a big time rock band but without the $$$ and groupies, my one man band deal is looking better all the time.:D

LATER!!!

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!
And the same to you, sir!! Enjoy and treat yourself to something.

I think I mentioned before that I am now on the Board for our homeowner's association. So this Tuesday I'm invited to a vendor seminar with free cocktails and hors d'oeuvres at a nice restaurant on the Navasink river. I'm like a small time Paul now. :D

I think I mentioned before that I am now on the Board for our homeowner's association. So this Tuesday I'm invited to a vendor seminar with free cocktails and hors d'oeuvres at a nice restaurant on the Navasink river. I'm like a small time Paul now. :D

It's all about money and power isn't it?

Have you taken your first bribe yet?

Fathers day PTII
Now I'm going to be lazy for the rest of the day, maybe I'll get into trouble, who knows?

Move to Chicago.
Actually, I think Jersey is right up there with Chicago.

However, I have to admit that in nearly 40 years of working life - many of which I have been in a position of awarding very large contracts - I have never once been offered a bribe.

What did I do wrong? :confused:

:)

Actually, I think Jersey is right up there with Chicago.

However, I have to admit that in nearly 40 years of working life - many of which I have been in a position of awarding very large contracts - I have never once been offered a bribe.

What did I do wrong? :confused:

:)

I feel the same way about sexual harassment, never once has a chick grabbed my ass on a job.

Hey Paul, are you going to take this kind

No, I have to agree with him, but............Contrary to popular belief, there are many world class restaurants in the UK however, they are massively expensive and you need to do your homework to find them. I rate London as being the greatest culininary city in the world along with New York, Los Angeles and Milan.

But outside of London and outside of the five star Michelin star restaurants, food in the UK is hit or miss. But I have to also add that I feel that's the same for most countries of the world. Worst meal I have ever had was in France. My experience is that for quality food pretty much anywhere you go, it would be hard to beat Italy.
And wifey has just reminded me that we have yet to have a bad meal in Dubai, either.

If you do come to England, I can recommend some terrific eateries including some gastro-pubs. And if you go to Ireland you must visit Kinsale, south of Cork. One of the prettiest places in all Ireland and fantastic restaurants.

If you do come to England, I can recommend some terrific eateries including some gastro-pubs. And if you go to Ireland you must visit Kinsale, south of Cork. One of the prettiest places in all Ireland and fantastic restaurants.

It'll be awhile. I have to wait until the funds replenish... or at least until I receive a large enough bribe. :rolleyes:

You need to start wearing tight, leather pants. You know, like Paul wears.

I'm betting those would be kind of hot to wear in his present locale, unless of course they were Daisy Dukes.
:eek:

Races
As a payoff for an incentive I'm taking my son to the races tomorrow. For whatever reason he likes racing, hockey and yes, soccer.
Myself I don't care about racing at all, but I'll do my best to have a good time anyways. The facility is laid out like a park and you can roam around and view the race from different angles. A lot better than an oval with stands.

The weather
It has rained everyday this week, sometimes a little, some times a lot.

LATER!!!

Back