Cubase SX 3.1.1 keeps crashing randomly, giving me the "Error"

MistaMash'dup

Cubase SX 3.1.1 keeps crashing randomly, giving me the "Error", "A serious problem has occurred" message.

I'm using the H20 version, with the virtual dongle. Any ideas?

MistaMash'dup said:
Cubase SX 3.1.1 keeps crashing randomly, giving me the "Error", "A serious problem has occurred" message.

I'm using the H20 version, with the virtual dongle. Any ideas?
That's covered in the virtual manual... if you didn't get one, just contact Steinberg.......

Hell, it used to be that people would at least read through the first page of threads here to see if one of them applied to their situation. This is the third person with a question like this who obviously can't be bothered to do a little looking themselves first and just want to be spoonfed answers.

I'm starting to think some of these people are trolls.

as more become interested in recording and feak out on the price of the software people mostly talk abount here they will look for other ways to get a hold of say SX3. they think that getting the pro version will give them an edge on learning to record or get a better recording. if you look for "recording" on google you will see many references to this site. mostly wannabe musicians who are still living with momm and daddy find this site and want to know how to use software they downloaded from P2P networks.

I did use the search function on this forum to try to find answers before posting, and didn't find any.

I also used the virtual (i.e. HTML) manual, and it didn't help.

I am not a noob at using these programs, I have pretty much mastered using Cubase SX 2, aside from a handful of MIDI issues.

If it's technical info about my computer setup that you're looking for, here it is:

P4 2.8 Ghz processor
1 GB RAM
Sound card: MOTU 828 Mk1 Firewire
Firewire card with a Texas Instrument chipset

P.S.- Not everybody has as much money as you do. Don't be a snob @ me if I can't afford to throw hundreds of dollars at a software program. If I ever make money with the software, I will buy it.

Last edited:
The problem is .... this site and a good portion of the members don't support the use of cracked/pirated software such as your H20 version. The likelihood of you getting any help with your issue is slim to none.
Sorry, but that's the way it is around here.
True as it may be that you can't afford the software, you've taken it upon your own to use an illegitimate copy .... so you are pretty much on your own in resolving any issues you have with it.

MistaMash'dup said:
P.S.- Not everybody has as much money as you do. Don't be a snob @ me if I can't afford to throw hundreds of dollars at a software program. If I ever make money with the software, I will buy it.

well boo F'n hoo!..go buy something you can afford..cubase makes a affordable version for $100 bucks...but something tells me you'd try to steal that too if ya had the chance.

MistaMash'dup said:
You absolute bullsh*tting ******* *******. Go and get some free software if that's all you can afford, or buy within your budget.

I can't afford a better car - that doesn't mean I go out and steal the nicest one I can find.

Criminals like you really should be locked up.

And no, I don't have any expensive recording software. *******.

EDITED BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO GET BANNED! :)

Last edited:
It really is sad. And don't you love how all of us that busted our ass and scrimped and saved and gave up other stuff we could have bought so that we could have our recording software are "snobs".

Why does every f'ing thief here think that legitamate owners are all rich. It's so rediculous.

I think that you guys are suckers for giving your money up to a company that doesn't give 2 shits about you or your wellbeing. Unfortunately, we live in a cutthroat capitalist society, where the wealthy will cut your throat for a dime at any opportunity available to them (as long as it will cost them less than a dime to cut your throat, and assuming that there exists a way to cut throats on a large enough scale that the overall profit is great enough to make it worth their while)... ignore that fact at your own peril. The owners of Steinberg are far richer than you or I ever will likely be, and carry only a fraction of the workload that real working people like us bear.

This is the first generation in post WWII US history that will see a lower standard of living than the previous generation, yet corporate profits are at historical all time highs. Put two and two together and figure it out. To give money to those that are already rich, if you have a workable alternative available, is idiocy.

Is it legitimate to criticize the theft of something from a rich man's overflowing storehouse, considering that almost every method by which a person can become rich involves exploitation? Is it legitimate to criticize the theft of something from the biggest thiefs on the block?

Ideally, I'd prefer to not "work the system." However, I dare any of you to not “work the system” in any way for the rest of your life. Wait and see what happens. You will be juiced for all you're worth by the rich and powerful, and then discarded.

I don't think that any human being is a waste, or that it's right to "juice" any human being. However, unfortunately, the rich and powerful do this each and every day.

I think that people whose incomes, as dictated by a brutal cutthroat system, aren't sufficient to afford a piece of software that could enrich their lives SHOULD have access to such software. Also, for people who can afford to purchase such software, I think that your money is better spent on buying, for example, vaccinations for people in Africa who die by the hundreds of thousands due to their not being able to financially afford such vaccines. The rich don’t need more money… meanwhile, millions of exploited and abused people need it desperately.

This of course raises the thought: "But if nobody buys audio software, then there will be no more audio software produced, and the employees of the audio software companies will lose their jobs."

However, if people refused to buy software thats profits went only toward making rich people richer, that does not necessarily mean that audio software would die out, or that the employees of audio software companies would no longer have work. It ONLY means that companies who function to make the rich richer will fail. However, if companies form that use their profits to the maximum extent possible to improve the quality of life of all people, then people can choose to support these type of companies through purchasing their products, and ultimately this type of company will be the only type of company that remains in existence.

Ordinary people have far more collective power than they realize, it only requires that we turn on our brains and think for ourselves, rather than subordinating our minds to dogma.

I think that you’re misguided in allying yourselves with the rich people that have their hands in your pocket daily and (directly or indirectly) rob the health and wellbeing of countless people. The common people’s best interests are diametrically opposed to the financial interests of the wealthy and powerful… that’s how it is and that’s how it always has been.

Just my 2 cents. Take it easy guys.

Last edited:
Amazing that someone can actually come up with that kind of drivel. I don't care who is or isn't richer. Welcome to life bud. If you can't afford to get the $99 version of Cubase, that has NOTHING to do with society, capitalism, vaccinations in Africa etc.... It has everything to do with the situation that YOU put yourself in. Now you come here and spout off a bunch of undereducated pseudo poilitical crap to justify your own shortcomings? Capitalism is why I can do what I am doing today and why your are the bottom of the barrel in our society. I find it much easier to accept that you stole the software and know that it isn't right. But listening to your whiny ass little essay on why it is not just OK for you to steal it, but actually try and sit on a moral high horse and pretend that you are not just justified, but entitiled to steal it and should be rewarded for it makes me sick. YOU are the reason why society has the flaws that it does. Don't blame those of us who have worked for what we have and coninue to do so on a daily basis for YOUR shortcomings. We deserve better than you. You feed the "corporate monsters" every time over and over again. Maybe if you give up all those other things in your life that make other people rich could I respect your pretend viewpoint. Until then you are just another wanna be activist who is the biggest hippocrite of all. Go find some other site to pedal your false idealist icons.

MistaMash'dup said:
I think that you guys are suckers for giving your money up to a company that doesn't give 2 shits about you or your wellbeing.
Maybe they don't care about our well being, but if we had this problem we could have contacted Steinberg, and had it resolved already. So you think you have the right to steal...whatever works for you Robin Hood. You still didn't get an answer to your question.

May your computer be infected with viruses,
and may all your personal information be stolen...Jack Ass!!!

MistaMash'dup said:
I think that you guys are suckers for giving your money up to a company that doesn't give 2 shits about you or your wellbeing. Unfortunately, we live in a cutthroat capitalist society, where the wealthy will cut your throat for a dime at any opportunity available to them (as long as it will cost them less than a dime to cut your throat, and assuming that there exists a way to cut throats on a large enough scale that the overall profit is great enough to make it worth their while)... ignore that fact at your own peril. The owners of Steinberg are far richer than you or I ever will likely be, and carry only a fraction of the workload that real working people like us bear.

This is the first generation in post WWII US history that will see a lower standard of living than the previous generation, yet corporate profits are at historical all time highs. Put two and two together and figure it out. To give money to those that are already rich, if you have a workable alternative available, is idiocy.

Is it legitimate to criticize the theft of something from a rich man's overflowing storehouse, considering that almost every method by which a person can become rich involves exploitation? Is it legitimate to criticize the theft of something from the biggest thiefs on the block?

Ideally, I'd prefer to not "work the system." However, I dare any of you to not “work the system” in any way for the rest of your life. Wait and see what happens. You will be juiced for all you're worth by the rich and powerful, and then discarded.

I don't think that any human being is a waste, or that it's right to "juice" any human being. However, unfortunately, the rich and powerful do this each and every day.

I think that people whose incomes, as dictated by a brutal cutthroat system, aren't sufficient to afford a piece of software that could enrich their lives SHOULD have access to such software. Also, for people who can afford to purchase such software, I think that your money is better spent on buying, for example, vaccinations for people in Africa who die by the hundreds of thousands due to their not being able to financially afford such vaccines. The rich don’t need more money… meanwhile, millions of exploited and abused people need it desperately.

This of course raises the thought: "But if nobody buys audio software, then there will be no more audio software produced, and the employees of the audio software companies will lose their jobs."

However, if people refused to buy software thats profits went only toward making rich people richer, that does not necessarily mean that audio software would die out, or that the employees of audio software companies would no longer have work. It ONLY means that companies who function to make the rich richer will fail. However, if companies form that use their profits to the maximum extent possible to improve the quality of life of all people, then people can choose to support these type of companies through purchasing their products, and ultimately this type of company will be the only type of company that remains in existence.

Ordinary people have far more collective power than they realize, it only requires that we turn on our brains and think for ourselves, rather than subordinating our minds to dogma.

I think that you’re misguided in allying yourselves with the rich people that have their hands in your pocket daily and (directly or indirectly) rob the health and wellbeing of countless people. The common people’s best interests are diametrically opposed to the financial interests of the wealthy and powerful… that’s how it is and that’s how it always has been.

Just my 2 cents. Take it easy guys.
I preferred your original version of that post (quoted in my previous post). Same bullshit, just a lot shorter. :)

For all of you that responded with more than an ad hominem attack, I think that you would do well to take a course or to do some independent study in mathematical logic. Having at least a basic understanding of logic would enable you to produce arguments that are at least closer to being logically sound.

xstatic said:
Amazing that someone can actually come up with that kind of drivel. I don't care who is or isn't richer. Welcome to life bud. If you can't afford to get the $99 version of Cubase, that has NOTHING to do with society, capitalism, vaccinations in Africa etc.... It has everything to do with the situation that YOU put yourself in. Now you come here and spout off a bunch of undereducated pseudo poilitical crap to justify your own shortcomings? Capitalism is why I can do what I am doing today and why your are the bottom of the barrel in our society. I find it much easier to accept that you stole the software and know that it isn't right. But listening to your whiny ass little essay on why it is not just OK for you to steal it, but actually try and sit on a moral high horse and pretend that you are not just justified, but entitiled to steal it and should be rewarded for it makes me sick. YOU are the reason why society has the flaws that it does. Don't blame those of us who have worked for what we have and coninue to do so on a daily basis for YOUR shortcomings. We deserve better than you. You feed the "corporate monsters" every time over and over again. Maybe if you give up all those other things in your life that make other people rich could I respect your pretend viewpoint. Until then you are just another wanna be activist who is the biggest hippocrite of all. Go find some other site to pedal your false idealist icons.

Your argument argument is rife with logical fallacies. Can you find them all?

Again, that course or independent study in logic could prove very useful.

Also, I would hesitate to call me undereducated when your own argument is rife with logical fallacy. It would serve you best to study and find the fallacies within your argument on your own, but if you'd like some help please don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:
Back