Cubase 8 announced today.

I won't be actually upgrading for a while. Seems my OS is a bit out of date.

I may pick up the license soon though as the newer licenses run all previous versions as well.

I won't be actually upgrading for a while. Seems my OS is a bit out of date.

I may pick up the license soon though as the newer licenses run all previous versions as well.

Bummer. Upgrading tonight, but won't install til Sat. Just dont want to lose my recent projects list as I am in mid mix of record with deadline. Don't trust that C7 and 8 are completely separate. Remember once that I lost a bunch of presets and templates on one upgrade...

got the email tonight during my daughters Christmas concert. For $99 upgrade It sounds too good to pass up.

should be upgraded before I hit the hay.

I'm sort of glad my computer is out dated. Early adopters usually eat it with bugs.

I'm kind of pissed at apple. My machine doesn't feel or act slow to me, yet to upgrade cubase and komplete ultimate I need a newer OS.

Planning to ditch the current machine for like $500 and shell for an older 8 core (currently on a quad core intel). Can't afford apple's newest macpros.

I'm away from base until the end of january - so was interested as I was a late upgrader from 7 to 7.5, and therefore qualified for the free grace period offer. I upgraded the licence to 8, then went to download the 'update' to discover it was a 9Gb download - and BT-wifi reports two days on my present connection. Not that it makes much sense as BT throws me off every few hour and requires a re-log in anyway. Even on fast reliable link 9 gigs is pretty big, but on wifi it is crazy. I've persuaded the IT manager here to do it for me onto a stick - but even then it says 4 hours, but at least it shouldn't fail!

I'll just have to wait and see if it works!

I'm away from base until the end of january - so was interested as I was a late upgrader from 7 to 7.5, and therefore qualified for the free grace period offer. I upgraded the licence to 8, then went to download the 'update' to discover it was a 9Gb download - and BT-wifi reports two days on my present connection. Not that it makes much sense as BT throws me off every few hour and requires a re-log in anyway. Even on fast reliable link 9 gigs is pretty big, but on wifi it is crazy. I've persuaded the IT manager here to do it for me onto a stick - but even then it says 4 hours, but at least it shouldn't fail!

I'll just have to wait and see if it works!
I also just recently got 7.5 (from SX3...) and there is a sticker on the box mentioning a free upgrade. Is that tracked through Steinberg's website and your license? Need to go log in and check that out...

"shouldn't fail"? So far no luck at all - sometimes their system falls over and you get a 404 error on the page, and the hardwired connection died after 4 hours of downloading, and nobody has the time to keep doing it for me, so I've left very detailed instructions on how to do it with my wife, via email so I can install it on my return. I love this notion that DVD is dead and the cloud is the solution to everything. The show I'm working on has had over 5Gb of multitrack going back and forth and UK speeds really can't support files this big properly.

Now that I installed Cubase 8 (and love it by the way), It takes over 10 minutes to export a 3 minute Cubase 7.5 wav file..

Fucking pissed! I have a 12 track album to export by Monday. WTF?!!!!

Oh fuck me, and it locks up. This is serious bullshit....

Oh yay, Blue Screen...

Where are you when I need you Guillermo?

:)

Last edited:
I am just going to guess that the settings I had to change in Windows to make C8 work is the cause.

I know better than to upgrade (update) software in mid project, but I did not expect the upgrade to screw with my finished project exporting ability.

I am not happy...

Just venting...

Cubase 8 is friggen awesome! From my recent experience it kills Cubase 7.5 Export ability for some reason. Sure I did something wrong....

:RTFM::confused:

So opening my C7.5 files in Cubase 8 works and exports well.

Still not happy that Cubase 7.5 is crippled, but moving on now....

Bitch fest over. :)

8 killed 7.5?

LAME

Good to know, probably going to hold off even longer now. For maybe a 7.0.2 or something. The usually have it ironed out by then.

8 killed 7.5?

LAME

Good to know, probably going to hold off even longer now. For maybe a 7.0.2 or something. The usually have it ironed out by then.

Yeah, well I got it to work by opening the mixed tracks in C8.

By the way, the tracks were finished, just awaiting payment before exporting the wav files. The way I had it set up, was just pulling up the recent projects in C7. When I open them now, it is stupid slow. It could just be the setup for C8. It requires setting up AERO in Windows for it to open. Blah blah...

It did suck, but like I said, opening them in C8 and they export in half the time C7 did. I'm done bitching.

In no way am I unhappy with Cubase 8, just pissed that it created an issue with C7.

Well - it's installed. Oddly, it needs aero to be active - a feature I usually turn off!

So far I've spent very little time, but I can't find out where the add plugin folders feature has gone, as it's not picking up a lot of my VSTi's that are all over the place. It seems to work - but it's going to take a while to sort out the presets so it loads things in properly - lots of things were stuck - locations of files mainly. Cubase 7 seems to still work for me, as does cubase 5, which are both still on the system. I'll report back when I have spent some time on it. Not tried opening and 8 project in 7 yet.

I'm not going to be getting cubase 8, love 7.5.3 here, not sure if I need the extra features, I know I would never use VCA faders or the quadrafuzz, my system is extremely stable at the moment and I've got a big project coming up for mixing, what do you think? worthwhile upgrade or not?

ASIO Guard 2 works amazingly. Not that I had any issue with 7.5 but ASIO real-time peaks are way lower.

Love the plugin GUI's staying on top of mixer now.

Started a new project this weekend and C8 worked flawlessly for me.

ASIO Guard 2 is one of the big reasons I want to move up. I saw some comparison screen shots and the difference was pretty substantial.

Back