Country Song Idea

apl

Stand Up Comity
Something like, "Be good to me while you're gone" or "Treat me right while you're away."

Probably for a gal to sing about a man she doesn't quite trust who goes on the road.

Could have some sad verses about what she hears about him, and so on.

How about we cut to the chase? "Don't F around while I'm gone" Do it in an outlaw country. After that, it writes itself:

Don't let anyone drink my beer
No other to call you dear

Allow no other to pet my hound (let's face it, I can probably take another man with my girl, but my dog, that is low)
No one to listen to your moaning sounds

Chorus

Don't F around while I am gone
If you do it will be a song
Like so many others that have come along
Don't F around while I am gone

Best I can do on such a short notice.

If you use it, give me credit :rolleyes: maybe.

Last edited:
I need a country type collaborator.

Do it yourself. Anyone can write a country song. All you need is God, guns, a dog, a truck, and America. Throw in something stupid like how you're proud to be an incestuous redneck and collect your Grammy.

Do it yourself. Anyone can write a country song. All you need is God, guns, a dog, a truck, and America. Throw in something stupid like how you're proud to be an incestuous redneck and collect your Grammy.

Without you sayin so, I got some of it in there.

I'm not country. At all. I can't even comprehend the intro to Sweet Home Alabama guitaristically.

So I'm throwing the idea out there for someone else.

I know this is a little consistent with my earlier comment about a collaborator.

I'm not country. At all. I can't even comprehend the intro to Sweet Home Alabama guitaristically.

So I'm throwing the idea out there for someone else.

I know this is a little consistent with my earlier comment about a collaborator.

So what do you actually plan to bring to the collab if you know nothing about the genre?

So what do you actually plan to bring to the collab if you know nothing about the genre?

I am retracting my collab offer, although I could probably do some backing vox or simple rhythm guitar if someone wants to run with it. Neil Young sounds like me, so that's probably not a good country vox.

Back