Cool Edit Plugins

I own and like most of the "waves" plugins packs. They work really well IMHO as far as plugins are concerned.

the best cooledit plugins available ?

I've used Waves with no problems, and also Auto-Tune and the Sonic Maximizer plug-in. Everything works as advertised. As to what's "best"...that depends on what you want to do, how you want to do it, and what you want to spend. There are freebies but generally speaking they don't have the horsepower of the ones you buy.

The best strategy is to record and record and record, then use the native installed plug-ins and find out what they do, figure out which ones you are dissatisfied with, and go from there. There's no "magic" plug-in or setting. You have to learn what results derive from what you have and where you want to go next. Waves, by the way, is very good. That's why so many of us use their software. But Waves won't tell you what to do. You have to learn that.

lpdeluxe said:
I've used Waves with no problems, and also Auto-Tune and the Sonic Maximizer plug-in. Everything works as advertised. As to what's "best"...that depends on what you want to do, how you want to do it, and what you want to spend. There are freebies but generally speaking they don't have the horsepower of the ones you buy.

The best strategy is to record and record and record, then use the native installed plug-ins and find out what they do, figure out which ones you are dissatisfied with, and go from there. There's no "magic" plug-in or setting. You have to learn what results derive from what you have and where you want to go next. Waves, by the way, is very good. That's why so many of us use their software. But Waves won't tell you what to do. You have to learn that.

Good advice. And remember that most people will tweek the presets to get the sound they like.

Right now I'm just using Adobe's and Cakewalks plug-ins. I'd like to try waves but considering the price tag is $700 - $1500 at this point I'm better off investing in my chain. (i.e. better mics)

does anybody know a cool edit plug in that gives you a tube effect?

Describe what you mean.

I had this tube effect for cool edit that made my vocals sound warmer but i had to reformat my hard drive and now i lost them so i forgot what it's called if anyone has it or knows the name of the plug ins that give you that effect post it plz

wait a minute

just hold up back there.. Luxonix is compatible with AA 1.5?????? .. I tried it.. didn't work .. my AA would freeze up and i had to end the program every single time, i tried and tried but i just uninstalled it :(

ace516 said:
just hold up back there.. Luxonix is compatible with AA 1.5?????? .. I tried it.. didn't work .. my AA would freeze up and i had to end the program every single time, i tried and tried but i just uninstalled it :(
Give it some time to load. It took 5 min to load the first time. After that it works just fine. My computer showed that audition was not responding then five min later it loaded Luxonix and I could use the plugin.

Some programs "THINK" they have conflicting Drivers but dont... its a normal mistake and its because the programs use some of the same drivers at the same time :) Just let it load and it should work

It is a VST plugin. You will need a DX to VST wrapper.
CEP only supports DX plugins.
AA 1.5 will support VST.

This topic is seven or eight years old and, depending what version of software you have, there have been some major changes. Older versions of Cool Edit could only use DX plugins (pretty much the standard back then) but all the more modern versions of Audition use VST.

If I were you I'd start your own thread, making sure you specify what version of Cool Edit/Audition you have and also what sorts of plugins you need. Frankly, the effects that come natively with Cool Edit/Audition are very good and I've only got a very few 3rd party plugins for very specific purposes.

Back