Collab#2

matty_boy

With Nik D. I worked on this a bit this weekend. Lemme know what you think. My monitoring situation leaves a lot to be desired, so I am unsure of the low end.

Tired:

Click

I liked tired better. I think alittle more voc affects would be cool.

I am a nut for crazy vocs though----- cool song all around.

Sounds pretty good! Is there some way that maybe you could upload your parts and I could do a mix too? That would be kinda fun, and we'll see if I can do it any diffrent.

Yeah. I'll post them on my school server and PM you.:D

P.S. Thanks a bunch betty. I really appreciate it.

BTW Nik, I posted a newer mix of this here . There are two mixes there, so scroll down to the newer one. I hope you didn't hate this mix. At any rate, I have the tracks zipped, so I will post them tonight. I'm curious about how different this will be when you mix it.

Matty

I don't hate the mix at all! I just like mucking around with mixes and seeing what I can make. Lots of cool responses at that other site too! I'll have to start checking that one out more!

sorry, you'll need this too.

1) all of the drum blocks need to start at 0:00.050
2) All other blocks start at 0:00 except:

lowlead.wav starts at 1:26.523
highlead.wav starts at 1:23.058
Guitar2.wav starts at 0:25.988

I like the way this is all up front. The guitar on the right could come down a hair, espcially the feedback at the beginning. I wouldnt take it out, just down some. The solo guitar parts could come up some more. Bass is bout right. A bit more kick.

Nice song but needs more emphasis on the bass! Git @ intro and @2:45 seems slightly outta' tooon! There appears to be a slight drag in tempo on drums in each measure on the 6/8th beat vs the vocs and gits.
Other minor issues such as some de-essssing on vocs and kit roll
syncopation control can add tite-ness to your production!

Overall, I like this joint of yours! Your vocs are on TOP and the direction of the song is def'ly on point! With a tweak here & there,
this baby will rock!

I know what you're talking about, one of my rolls is a little off and sounds a little weird. My mix of this song should be up shortly!

Betts: Sorry. That has to suck. I just shovelled a bunch of snow.:(

Nik: K. I get it. Sorry to draw attention:o Looking forward to it.

Nik. Did you redo the bass or something? If its mine it sounds like it is out of synch. I like the effects. Mine was pretty dry, and this sounds quite cool. You kept more of the high vocal parts too. I just enveloped them in a bit. I'm downloading this now.:D

Back