Cheap chinese microphones vindicated

lexdrummer said:
I have been surprised by the performance of the all too often bashed chinese mics

3.7 million threads and sound clips about inexpensive mics and you are still surprised at how they sound?

Sonic Idiot said:
That's better.
No worries, man. My point wasn't against you, it was against Uli Behringer. If you have a problem with him pilfering other people's designs, I guess you have to take that up with the man himself. That or convince Mackie to burn all evidence of the legal case they won against him. :)

Do you live hear boingoman? Cause I just arrived as an active member who actually gives a shit about topic instead of my ego. I spend my time in the art while you have the entire internet memorized. I guess you can just go home now.

And on a more intrinsic note, you might want to think that the angle the thread was presented got you here didn't it. It asked for good sport. Thanks for coming. I love a good show as much as anyone.

AttacK the technology not the person. Quit acting like a streetdweller scumback hiding behind your terminal. Let's stay focused on the technology questionaire, supporting our statements with facts other than sarcastic comments. Otherwise the rest of us will have to waste our time sifting through your bullshit, memorizing the entire internet to get to something useful.

To the hecklers in the cheap seats. This thread was about proof.

I'm not talking about reiterated bullshit from industry gossip. This thread is about taking your head out of your ass if you are so negative about, say a behringer B1, and actually doing something useful in R-E-C-O-R-D-I-N-G with it. Challenge! Have at you pussy with a Neuman U-something or other. Cause if you are half the recordist you think you are, this would be sport you couldn't resist. And quite frankly, it should be easy.

Oh. I forgot. You don't record. You talk about recording more than you cut tracks. And you are too busy memorizing the internet. Sorry.

lexdrummer said:
I'm not talking about reiterated bullshit from industry gossip. This thread is about taking your head out of your ass if you are so negative about, say a behringer B1, and actually doing something useful in R-E-C-O-R-D-I-N-G with it. Challenge! Have at you pussy with a Neuman U-something or other. Cause if you are half the recordist you think you are, this would be sport you couldn't resist. And quite frankly, it should be easy.

Oh. I forgot. You don't record. You talk about recording more than you cut tracks. And you are too busy memorizing the internet. Sorry.

No thanks. I don't need to bother with a mic that I know will be a waste of time and money. All the mics I have are substantially better than the B1. I am so sure about is that I don't even have to waste my time and energy arguing over it!

Cool.

acorec said:
No thanks. I don't need to bother with a mic that I know will be a waste of time and money. All the mics I have are substantially better than the B1. I am so sure about is that I don't even have to waste my time and energy arguing over it!

Cool.
then move along now, this post isn't for you young man

lexdrummer said:
Do you live hear boingoman? Cause I just arrived as an active member who actually gives a shit about topic instead of my ego. I spend my time in the art while you have the entire internet memorized. I guess you can just go home now.

And on a more intrinsic note, you might want to think that the angle the thread was presented got you here didn't it. It asked for good sport. Thanks for coming. I love a good show as much as anyone.

AttacK the technology not the person. Quit acting like a streetdweller scumback hiding behind your terminal. Let's stay focused on the technology questionaire, supporting our statements with facts other than sarcastic comments. Otherwise the rest of us will have to waste our time sifting through your bullshit, memorizing the entire internet to get to something useful.

Lighten up, dude. I actually feel inexpensive mics can sound good, and own a few myself.

You obviously have some experience, and seem to be well aware of the debate around inexpensive mics, on other forums and here as well, so don't toss me that shit about not knowing the Chinese mic scene and claiming some moral high ground about how you care, OK?

Perhaps you would prefer a post flat-out calling you an idiot, like many of the others in this thread, instead of a light-hearted play on words?

Fuckit!

I come hear to start a friendly discussion on a neat idea of throwing a track link comparison of cool recordings and I get flagged and tagged and agitated cause the kids have to play. It's not about the testing, it's about bashing and picking and schoolyard brawl.

I'm all grown up now. I'd rather be recording anyway. see ya

lexdrummer said:
I come hear to start a friendly discussion on a neat idea of throwing a track link comparison of cool recordings and I get flagged and tagged and agitated cause the kids have to play. It's not about the testing, it's about bashing and picking and schoolyard brawl.

Well, I'll give you that, but using the words "great" and "vindicated" in a thread about Chinese mics is like feeding a bear by holdng a steak in your mouth. It could get messy.

Maybe I'll throw up a little comparison test between lets say a Blue BabyBottle, and a MXL V63 Mogami. I would actually like to run both thru my Eureka, then both thru my ada8000 just to give you guys one other thing to talk about. I recently did this with two shure sm57's had them side by side one going thru my ada8000 one thru the eureka, I used to think the behringer pre's were acceptable until I did this little test and the behringer sounded kinda like direct in distorted guitars. Anyway if you guys want let me know what you wanna hear recorded, guitar cab(clean or dirty), acoustic guitar, drum room mic, I'd say vocals but I'm no good at accappella. Just let me know and I'll get something recorded.

The other thread I've been involved in this weekend is the same thing, though. I started by saying something positive about the current state of the little guy and was simply met with criticism and insults. All message boards are like this to an extent, and the arguing, when civil, is fun, but this home recording and the word vindication is useful here when we're surrounded by those who belong over at that recording.org train wreck.

We're finding unique value in the new wave of affordable mics and so many of us are doing great things with it. It's te new folks music. It's a new art, really, the small time "professional recordist". And it's all positive--it's all for the best.

Lex,

No one really has much of a problem with the subject matter of your thread.

It's just the whole thing about Uli designing mics and the Behringer B1 being based on a 50's era design and sounding "warm" or tube-like. It's kind of hard for people to take you seriously when you say stuff like that. :D I think it's cool that you're giving your opinions and all ... but try and make some sense while you're at it.

Sonic Idiot said:
The other thread I've been involved in this weekend is the same thing, though. I started by saying something positive about the current state of the little guy and was simply met with criticism and insults. All message boards are like this to an extent, and the arguing, when civil, is fun, but this home recording and the word vindication is useful here when we're surrounded by those who belong over at that recording.org train wreck.

We're finding unique value in the new wave of affordable mics and so many of us are doing great things with it. It's te new folks music. It's a new art, really, the small time "professional recordist". And it's all positive--it's all for the best.
Thanks SI, for being on topic and true to professional form. You reinstate my faith that there are Recordists out there in the sea of gear junkies.

chessrock said:
Lex,

No one really has much of a problem with the subject matter of your thread.

It's just the whole thing about Uli designing mics and the Behringer B1 being based on a 50's era design and sounding "warm" or tube-like. It's kind of hard for people to take you seriously when you say stuff like that. :D I think it's cool that you're giving your opinions and all ... but try and make some sense while you're at it.
It is what I heard in the sounds captured. When compared to many microphones, using close micing technique, flat with no eQ there is a warming of the lows on acoustic instruments. It does fatten the sound. Perhaps I was elluding to the dark warmness of tubes, and you misunderstood it to be about the floatiness of tubes in the midrange.

Back