cheap acoustics

c7 - in a bad mood?

c7sus said:
You guys are so dedicated. "This is my hobby, I spend all my spare time on it. Here's my baby, a $38 acoustic. I'm recording it through a Rosetta into Radar."

This thread was about cheap acoustics. I just bought one that IMO is a pretty decent guitar. Sorry if a $38 guitar offends you.

I really do understand. I guess it kinda cracks me up in a way.

I just have to keep telling myself that a C1 sounds the same as a U87.

I just wanted to hear some of your recordings, not obtain "grist for my mill". This isn't the cave, im respectful of everyones recordings, novice to pro, because I know how hard it is to achieve good results. I never say anything negative in the MP3 clinic like "this sucks, sounds like cheez...buy some better epuipment and learn how to record". I have made some lousy recordings and some good ones.

I have one in the MP3 clinic now if you want to check it out

grist for your mill

peavey acoustics are damn cheep-my school has about 10 of them, they still play ok....wouldnt buy one if your looking for a nice guitar!

Wait...

Sanjanjoseph said:
peavey acoustics are damn cheep-my school has about 10 of them, they still play ok....wouldnt buy one if your looking for a nice guitar!

If the Peavey's have been beat on for years by students and stored in less than ideal conditions for an acoustic instrument still play OK, they can't be all bad...

Here here for Seagulls, they're very nice.

But it all depends on your price range; some people would say $500 is a cheap guitar, and if that's your range I'd look into getting a used Ovation or similar.

As far as saying that price determines quality, well there's a thread active right now talking about all the companies that horribly mark up their prices. There are pleanty of companies who have discovered that low-cost quality craftmanship is possible, but I guess if you judge your equipment more by logo than sound, go ahead, spend the big bucks.

This is the one to get.

http://www.estabanguitar.com/

Look at all you get for 3 easy payments of $66.00! :D :D :D

It's over an $800 value for less than $200.

Full Size Acoustic/Electric Steel String Guitar,
All Wood with on Board Equalizer (on board electronics),
Esteban's Powerful Amplifier with Master Controls plus an overdrive Button (with ten foot guitar amp cable),
Deluxe Hard-sided Nylon Case with interior storage compartment,
2 DVD's: Instructional Lesson - three hours of instruction,
2 "Instructional Method for the Guitar" Lesson Books,
1 Esteban Polishing Cloth,
Extra strings, picks, straps and alien key.
Plus: Esteban's poster size Chord Chart

:D :D The only thing missing is the cool sun glasses and hat! :D :D

Back