Chance GB, screamin' mic deals

Which of chance's mics are you going to buy? Post Quantity below.

• Total voters
cool beans

now i'm just assuming here, but are the ACM-2 and ACM-3 the same as those being sold under other brand names?

Last edited:
ACM 6802T w/shock
ACM 3
ACM 4
maybe the ACM 1, too. Still waffling on that...

This is so much more interesting than going down to the store to get a mic...

I'm probably going to regret this, but G.A.S. is kicking in, and I like to buy stuff in pairs....

ACM-310 qty 2
ACM-2 qty 2
ACM-6802T qty 2
ACM-4 qty 2

Those of you who are voting on the ACM-3, do you think it has advantages over the ACM-2? Just curious.

Caotico said:
Those of you who are voting on the ACM-3, do you think it has advantages over the ACM-2? Just curious.
No real advantages, just different look and slightly different sound. And each will be moddable in different ways.
I'm pretty sure they have the same guts.

Caotico said:

The more open grille will probably do less damage to the high frequencies than the ACM-2, which looks like it has a very tight grille (with ribs) close to the mechanism.

In general, will a double ribbon mic produce a higher output (than a single ribbon mic) for the same amount of preamp gain applied to it? All things being equal (which, of course, I know they are not...)

Or is a double ribbon advantageous in other ways--say, tonal properties or SPL?

In other words, why build a mic with two ribbons, if one ribbon works just fine?

Chris Long said:
In general, will a double ribbon mic produce a higher output (than a single ribbon mic) for the same amount of preamp gain applied to it? All things being equal (which, of course, I know they are not...)

Or is a double ribbon advantageous in other ways--say, tonal properties or SPL?

In other words, why build a mic with two ribbons, if one ribbon works just fine?

I am really not positive, but the double ribbon would equate to a longer ribbon, or more mass. Closely resembling a small diaphragm capsule and a LDC in a condensor

hey chance-- i tried to pm you about this, but your box is full. please disregard my first order email and just go by the second one w/ subject "MICROPHONES CHANGE OF ORDER"
sorry about the inconvenience and to communicate about this here! :o

Hi all,

I'm new here and very interested in the group buy. At this point, I am planning to order:

ACM-583 FET with Shockmount QTY: 1

ACM-3 QTY: 1

ACM-2 QTY: 2

ACM-6802T with Shockmount QTY: 1

ACM-4 QTY: 2

ACM-240 with Shockmount QTY: 2

ACM-510 USB powered QTY: 1

I'm also thinking about the ACM-310 - does anyone have any more info about it? Would the ACM-310 in a stereo pair be good for acoustic or classical guitar?

tarnationsauce2 said:
Not to burst your bubble. But ordering time has come and gone on Apr 9th.
If you hang in there for a while (few months??), there should be another group buy.

Hey tarnationsauce2,

You are not bursting my bubble - i made a large order of microphones and already paid for them. You are mixed up about your months. The cutoff date for ordering for this group buy was around May 6, I believe, so I was well within the time frame. :)

i woulda ordered one of each if i had the money! but i spent it already on some other stupid stuff. i think one of each from this GB comes out to under $600. i calculated it one day haha. would have been fun to have a full locker of cheep chinese mics.

JGuitar03 said:
Hey tarnationsauce2,

You are not bursting my bubble - i made a large order of microphones and already paid for them. You are mixed up about your months. The cutoff date for ordering for this group buy was around May 6, I believe, so I was well within the time frame. :)
LOL you're right. My woman is the time keeper around here. :o

zed32 said:
i woulda ordered one of each if i had the money! but i spent it already on some other stupid stuff. i think one of each from this GB comes out to under $600. i calculated it one day haha. would have been fun to have a full locker of cheep chinese mics.
817 with all the shockmounts if you chose the most expensive of each model. (i.e. 9 polar patterns vs. cardioid only).

Just a question:
Has anyone even used any of these mics? Too many are putting in big orders with no feedback to how these work. I bought 2 and will see if they are worth anything at all.

Anyone with experience with any of these mics please chime in.

Back