Cash - Renagade 2003 Freeverse

could you please leave a few more letters off of your words....I am currently reading this stuff too easily......and I'm starting to feel too "hip" :cool:

Excellent suggestions. Thank you.
My point is that sometimes people communicate so cryptically that I am forced to simply pass over the (words) in question due to the sheer extremity of the "urbanization". However in your post above I was able to pronounce your words phoenetically and yet still deduce their meaning.....I am somewhat dissappointed by this phenomenon in that I found myself speaking in slang completely by accident.
Oh well, I will go beat my head on the wall so this doesn't happen again.

Why waste time peddling sub-par hip-hop?....it ain't getting signed on a label.
;)

You, sir, have signed your request form to be harrassed in this forum. Please understand that many of us enjoy opening the floodgates of cynicism and sarcasm on poor individuals such as yourself. You could perhaps garner a little respect and regain the right to recieve some decent feedback from the talented folks on this board if you would drop the hostilities and the rediculous banter and actually attempt to be respectful and realistic about what you are doing and what you are looking for. I realize that a good 90% of the pre-requisite for a rap artist is to be a pompous and arrogant asshole so if this is simply "artist reinforcement hype" then I will try to understand.....

But regardless of that....this music is not good at all. ;)

Metalhead, stop using words with more than 2 syllables in them. You're wasting your time because, judging by how bad his spelling is, his reading can't be any better, regardless of the type of "music" (and I use the term loosely) this un-educated barbarian is peddling.
You see, people like me and you are just not cool, because we don't sound like we dropped out of school at Kindergarten.

i have no reason to prove my intelligence.. and i would personally describe myself as a very self-consious artist music wise.. and very aware of society and my surroundings.. this jus may not be the best display of that.. diveristy and versatility is what i shoot for.. i'll surely keep you posted when i get more up..

Cash The King said:
i have no reason to prove my intelligence/QUOTE]
"Reason" and "means" are 2 different things, Einstein. Look them up.

Jay-Z is a very self-consious rapper.. and he'll tell you in a heart beat he's the best rapper alive.. i guess people cant have confidence..

Jay-Z is a very self-consious rapper.. and he'll tell you in a heart beat he's the best rapper alive.. i guess people cant have confidence..

Self-confident.

What you meant to say is "Jay-Z is a very self-confident rapper".

"Self-conscious" implies that one is meek, shy, or less than confident in public. I can only assume that you meant that you are a "self-confident" rapper as well. Good. You need a lot of self confidence to succeed. However, the confidence must be warranted. Even if it is, it is a quick slip over the line into arrogance which will turn people off and cancel out any talent you may have.

Reactions: XLR
i know exactly what i meant.. when i say self-consious rapper im speakin on the type of music made.. lyrics.. artist like Joe Budden.. if you arent a big fan off hiphop you probably wouldnt understand where im coming from.. idk if you are or not tho.. you can be confident and be making a self-concious song at the same time.. thats the beauty of it.. its hard for me to explain.. oh well

Well, until the hip-hop community either a)starts writing the english dictionary or b)reverses the immutable truth that words mean things and their meanings are not subjective, then you will simply have to live with people misinterpreting what you are trying to say.

To the rest of the english speaking world self-conscious means:
self-con·scious (slfknshs)
adj.

1. Aware of oneself as an individual or of one's own being, actions, or thoughts.
2. Socially ill at ease: The self-conscious teenager sat alone during lunch.
3. Excessively conscious of one's appearance or manner: The self-conscious actor kept fixing his hair.
4. Showing the effects of self-consciousness; stilted: self-conscious prose.

Generally speaking when one uses the term "self-conscious" while discussing lyrics, poetry or writing (or any art really) it is not a compliment. None of my comments should be construed as comments on your songs. I do not listen to enough hip-hop or rap to be able to judge their quality. My comments are merely a slight hint that your attitude could come down a notch and, to quote "The Princess Bride":

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

1. Aware of oneself as an individual or of one's own being, actions, or thoughts.

--- exactly.. both jay and joe are ---

2. Socially ill at ease: The self-conscious teenager sat alone during lunch.

--- have you ever heard the tracks "Lonely," "Kid Ugly," or "Never Make It." these are the type of songs im speaking about... and no those arent by jayz ---

3. Excessively conscious of one's appearance or manner: The self-conscious actor kept fixing his hair.

--- manner - Practice, style, execution, or method in the arts. should i give you more examples??? ---

... and what does all of this have to do with the song in the 1st place.. a little over analytical are we.. if you would like to be such a help to me.. analyze my lyrics and tell me what i'm speaking about in half the shit i say.. and dont give me the ''i cant understand that hiphop crap your speaking'' bs.. people come from all walks of life and express themselves different.. get over it.. and FUCK the English language.. look at the people who put the boundaries on the language..

This will be my last post in this thread simply because it should be about your music and not your vocabulary or attitude. In that much you are correct. You are also correct in that people come from different backgrounds and express themselves in different ways.

I myself grew up poor in the South, was homeless for a few years, was a drug dealer and a drug addict. I'm quite sure that I have done or seen most of the things that you are rapping about, but I found out long ago that it is much more beneficial to me to try and show that I have risen above those begginings and not announce to the world that I am wallowing in, or celebrating them.

The most effective means I have found to make a good first impression is through a well developed vocabulary. Perhaps your experience differs. Regardless, this is not a street corner shoot out, and no one is interested in bravado here, so your attitude will do you little good and only serve to alienate those that might have otherwise been inclined to help you.

You dont have to explain your life to me homie.. and i dont celebrate whatever it is your trying to get at.. i speak in reference to them.. jus because you WERE a junkie doesnt mean it wasnt a part of you.. you cant jus have bad things happen.. get over those obstacles and get better.. then feel as if the bad never happened.. the same shit you went through or are going through.. hundreds, thousands, and maybe millions are still going through.. and just WTF @ street corner shoot out? typical hiphip stereotype.. i dont recall talking about shootin a bunch of people up because im a ''gangster'' and jus shoot people for the fun of it.. if i said something in reference to it, it's life relative and the shit happens.. its not "celebrating" it, its tellin it how it is.. some people like to hide shit like it doesnt exist.. i dont feel like that..

Back