Camera Freaks, this is your thread!

At least the fog around Catalina was fog colored and not the nasty brown that blows in from LA.

Catalina_M165_zps5uujpvdn.jpg

The view from the back of my house this morning. I could've looked at it for hours but it lasted only 6 minutes.

12345582_10154514578799569_3027987660833210714_n.jpg

I took a few shots with my new camera a few weeks back. I replaced an old 35MM Minolta Autofocus with a Sony Alpha series. I can use my old lenses so that was really nice.

The fall doesn't have much color, but I kind of like the nakedness of the forest. Still getting back to understand aperture settings. I do pretty good with shutter speed.

clifty late fall 14 b-c adjusted.jpg

I forgot to scale it down.

I just saw this thread, so pardon my tardiness. Here's a shot I took in November 2011 in Bristol, RI. Shot in HDR using 3 exposures.

Factory 1 Copy.jpg

When you say three exposures, do you take the three and layer them? I am just now getting back into photography and pretty new to high digital.

When you say three exposures, do you take the three and layer them? I am just now getting back into photography and pretty new to high digital.

You can layer them in Photohop, or you can explore HDR software which takes any number of identical scenes, with different exposures, and combines them to get more of a dynamic range from a scene; which is what Bill did above

You can layer them in Photohop, or you can explore HDR software which takes any number of identical scenes, with different exposures, to get more of a dynamic range from a scene.

I haven't started reading about the camera yet, so I am still in 35mm mindset, but is this a reason the camera takes multiple shots? I was going to investigate later, but if I can take a short cut ... ;)

Back