Camera Freaks, this is your thread!

Here is one my wife took up in the Lamar Valley. She was just holding the camera, but the built in anti shake really helps.

Attachments

• LamarValley.jpg
    LamarValley.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 196
Dogman said:
Here is one my wife took up in the Lamar Valley. She was just holding the camera, but the built in anti shake really helps.

That image would not normally be troublesome.

With 35mm film cameras there was a simple rule, if 1 / shutter speed was less than the focal length of the lens, you were at risk for a blurred image.

That image looks to be about a 50mm lens equivalent, shot at 1/125 sec. or so.

Most digital cameras will tell you if the light is too low with some sort of hand shaking symbol or something.

Here's one at the John Waters Exhibit:

jwe.jpg

Nice pic Doc. I love the color.
Now, how'd you get it to open in the thread automaticly? Whenever I post one from my site, it is just a link. :confused:

Dogman said:
Nice pic Doc. I love the color.
Now, how'd you get it to open in the thread automaticly? Whenever I post one from my site, it is just a link. :confused:
I used this syntax (and my own server)

Dogman said:
Thanks Doc...I'll test if I can do it now....
WTG, Dogman! :)

Everything looks good in that shot...even the snow! ;)

Gee, y'all really get a lot of snow in your neck of the woods!

Is that from this year?

Cheers! :)

The Ghost of FM said:
WTG, Dogman! :)

Everything looks good in that shot...even the snow! ;)

Gee, y'all really get a lot of snow in your neck of the woods!

Is that from this year?

Thanks Ghost. That is up at our cabin, just outside of West Yellowstone. New Years Day. They recieved 105" of snow on the flats in January. :eek:

The Ghost of FM said:
Nice shot, Doc!

What camera did you take that with?

That's the SONY F-828.

Probably could have gotten them both a bit sharper, but I shot them both freehand as I wasn't about to shlep a tripod around all day. The tripod lets you get more of your light through a longer exposure, giving you some lighting flexibility on still subjects.

5873a.jpg

drstawl said:
That's the SONY F-828.
Very cool camera!

That's the one with the flip up lens, right?

It seems to be able to take some really sharp shots! Was that hedgehog?? taken with the zoom? if so, that's a really steady image....impressive! :)

The Ghost of FM said:
Very cool camera!

That's the one with the flip up lens, right?

It seems to be able to take some really sharp shots! Was that hedgehog?? taken with the zoom? if so, that's a really steady image....impressive! :)
Yeah- you can swivel the lens housing on the body some.

Yeah- zoom pretty much maxed out.

Here's another outdoor shot.

I kind of liked the lighting effect of this one, taken shortly before sundown yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_0063 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0063 (Medium).JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 183
Back