Boing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listening even as I type...

Okay this is normally where I say things about the stereo spread or the level of the drums or the bass being muddy, but not this time--all I can say is WOW!

This is great. Stylistically--I love it. Sweet guitar singing over a great funky vamp. Great playing. Technically--I love it. The recording is top notch. Nice changeups and contrasts.

I know the clinic is for critiques & not just back-slapping and congratulations, but this song just deserves back-slapping and congratulations.

I'd buy this album and put it right there in my rotation.

shucks thanks.....

I'm well pleased with the track TBH. It's another BBS contributer on the tubs in the form of RAMI most excellent playing adding a different slant on the drumming on the rest of my album 70% of which is done by me

So RAMI on kit & me on everything else except all the percussion/incidental noises are pre-recorded. & I found the Llama intro online.

shucks thanks.....

I'm well pleased with the track TBH. It's another BBS contributer on the tubs in the form of RAMI most excellent playing adding a different slant on the drumming on the rest of my album 70% of which is done by me

So RAMI on kit & me on everything else except all the percussion/incidental noises are pre-recorded. & I found the Llama intro online.

I shouldn't be surprised by that--I'm a fan of Rami's work as well. Congrats to both of you!

Is this a cover? I'm getting a heavy Jeff Beck vibe.

Sweet recording/mix, and nice use of sfx.

I love it when people ask if my work is someone else's as so many other people have written stuff I wish was mine....

No mads it's not. I sat down with nothing in my mind other than I'm going to write in C sharp minor. & Jeff Beck is not surprising TBH. I used to jam to blow by blow & wired every day for about a year.

I love it when people ask if my work is someone else's as so many other people have written stuff I wish was mine....

No mads it's not. I sat down with nothing in my mind other than I'm going to write in C sharp minor. & Jeff Beck is not surprising TBH. I used to jam to blow by blow & wired every day for about a year.

Well, I applaud your skills. Great writing, great arranging, great recording. IMNSHO. :cool:

Excellent work, sounds top notch. My only nit might be the high-hat, its sticking out a bit on my system and me be a tad bright. Other than that its quality stuff all the way around.:cool:

Yeah, David is correct ... roll some of the top off the hat, and it'll fix. I'd also add more room to the snare, it's overly dry.

In the pan scheme, I'd bring the lead focus more dead center ... and throw the rhythm off to the sides ... reverse of what's here. It's odd to have the core element standing off side stage ... plus it narrows the soundstage for it. You want the lead wide and BIG, and keeping it so far left gives it half, not a whole stage. I'd get it center and give the WIDE stage it deserves. Place the other guitars off r/l wings ... and it'll likely increase the sonic appeal of those parts too.

Other than that, excellent content. Well done.

Kev-

Great track! I wish I had the monitoring equipment to detect any issues I might bring up, but I don't -- sounds flawless to me :)

thanks guys....

panning yeah. already on to that. This track has one more mixdown before I draw the line. I was trying to get it sounding like a band would look onstage.

The hihats is a problem as it was recorded with just kick, snare & 2 OH mics (ask RAMI about the positioning he played the part). I suppose I could automate different EQ settings for different parts of the track. Only beef is everytime I tweak the OH mics I'm messing with the tom sound

RAMI have you ever thought of using more than 4 mics or is it a question of how many you can get in at once on your setup??.....doesn't really matter the part stays.

RAMI have you ever thought of using more than 4 mics

I've thought about it. Then I ate some jello. :D

But seriously.....I guess I can mic my toms. But I don't have a problem with my set up the way it is. This track, like I said in my PM to you, is older and probably wasn't easy to work with. I can hear a "furriness" in it that's in all my older tracks. But, you did a great job on it in both mixes I've heard. :cool:

You can't go wrong w/ jello!

Either way, satisfying treat or funny thread reply ... it works!

:D

Kev-

refreshing to hear real drums. tight.

is that really a Vamp? damn,,,, on the rythm and lead both?
great playing.

so all I need is jello and a Vamp to sound this good?

:p

Wicked!! This could be a hidden track off Blow By Blow. I was enjoying too much to nit about anything. Drums are great and everything is clear as a bell. I kinda liked the hi-hat..had an air compressor type quality to it. Awesome job gents!

RAMI is such a cool drummer - he also records himself as he wants it to sound. I really like the the balance and sound of the whol ething EXCEPT the bass seems to overwhelm occassionally on the L channel. - Could be my gear though.
Yes, tres Beck, a little Pork Pie Hat &, fortunately, no Jan Hammer.
Excellent playing & recording by both parties.
RAMI, "Furr Iness" is that the track after Fur Elise?

Back