Blue Bear Sound Updated (new console!)

Blue Bear Sound

Console -
console.jpg

Control Room -
controom_wide.jpg

That's beautiful, Bruce. I'd love to come see your place, but you're just too damn far away! :-)

vestast said:
Sweet :)

I'll be calling soon to come over and check it out..
I'm planning on having a "Baby Shower" for the new "Baby Oxford" soon -- you'll definitely be on the guest list along with some other local engineers!

Pizza, beer, munchies, some nice gear to check out, and shooting the shit with other AE's - what could be better?!?! ;)

Shooting the shit sound like it could get a little messy. Kids...don't try this at home...to each their own as I always say. :D

Blue Bear Sound said:
I'm planning on having a "Baby Shower" for the new "Baby Oxford" soon -- you'll definitely be on the guest list along with some other local engineers!

Pizza, beer, munchies, some nice gear to check out, and shooting the shit with other AE's - what could be better?!?! ;)

That'd be awesome. I'm looking forward to it,for sure!

Dave

Blue Bear Sound said:
out, and shooting the shit with other AE's - what could be better?!?! ;)

Better?

Shipping the Baby Oxford to NJ for six months of thorough "phase alignment" testing.

Mission critical step in proper console implementation.

Frederic "Phase Alignment Expert".

:D

frederic said:
Better?

Shipping the Baby Oxford to NJ for six months of thorough "phase alignment" testing.

Mission critical step in proper console implementation.

Frederic "Phase Alignment Expert".

:D
Heh-heh... you wish! I do MY OWN "phase alignment" testing, thank you!!! :p ;)

But you're not certified. You don't want to take any risks with such a nice console. Please, allow a professional to do the phase alignment.

:-)

That looks awesome, Bruce. Good work! It looks like it fits in well ... and it has to spank the behind of that Mackie, right?

Don't wanna spoil your party but next year I actually get let loose on one of these very desks at university (though not in so nice a control room, with such well-stocked racks). I can't help thinking (and I mean this, they should teach us properly, not just dump us on expensive gear) that it's an enormous waste.

noisedude said:
That looks awesome, Bruce. Good work! It looks like it fits in well ... and it has to spank the behind of that Mackie, right?
It does - at least from the point of view that depth and clarity in the tracks is so much more easily obtained with the Sony. With the Mackie, I had to really work at it to draw out the the space and depth, with the Baby Oxford, it's effortless! And the on-board EQ and compression are amazing - you can easily discern small increments of change!!

Should have done the upgrade sooner (but the budget wouldn't let me!) ;)

Been waiting to see those pics. Mighty fine indeed :D

How is the learning curve on that beauty? I've got a potential future project studio going into my church and have been contemplating what direction to go with the console if/when it comes about, so I'm all ears for user feedback. I will need something that is easy for volunteers to learn who don't spend all day/every day on a console and, frankly, I've never used a digital board myself (and no local shops carry anything like it), so I'm really curious.

Congrats and let the good times roll!!

Darryl.....

Back