Best voice effects processors for live performances

A.D.Ryan

Hey guys,
I was wondering if any vocalists out there could give me some tips on voice effects processors. T.C. Helicon seems very popular.
I don`t wanna spend more than 700-800 bucks on one. Any suggestions?
Cheers!
A.D

Hey A.D ...... it's been some time where have you been?

My all time favorite is the Eventide Eclipse $2000. new but I have seen them used for about $800. nothing out there can touch it.
I have one in all of my live racks. Can't do with out it.

:cool:

Yep ... that's an other good one Vessel.

You could get new a Tc Electronics M-one and a Tc Electronics D-two for a monster combination of a verb unit and a delay unit.

:DStole the next ones, I woulda recommended right outta my mouth!:D

Ya got to be fast Vessel. :D

The other ones that I would recommend would be way out of your price range
But I could of sworn that I had seen a used Eventide H3000 for sale over at GS for about $800. about a week ago.

I got at least 20 years on ya vessel ..... and I still have some brain cells :drunk:
Three maybe four that work well together.

Voice effect processor

Oh, glad to see you haven`t forgotten me:) Well, it only took me a month to realize how hopeless I was at recording. I was kind of disheartened:( I`m just a guy with lots of songs in his head, unfortunately.Lately I`ve been doing some collaborations with instrumentist, musicians with home studios etc. I`ve just started a band here in Osaka. Well, kind of:) We still need a keyboard player and a bassist! But we`re really serious about it. I`m just worried that the second hand product I`d get for 800 bucks wouldn`t be a reliable one. That`s why I`d prefer to go for a new one.
This one doesn`t look too bad. What do you think?

http://www.nextag.com/voice-effects-processor/products-html
I will be the vocalist, and I want to make sure that I don`t get on the stage unprepared:) Thank you so much again. You`re always here when I need help. There`s a word for that in English: friend.
As I said... I would listen to your advice, but what if I buy a used one, have it delivered and it doesn`t work?

Hey A.D ...... it's been some time where have you been?

My all time favorite is the Eventide Eclipse $2000. new but I have seen them used for about $800. nothing out there can touch it.
I have one in all of my live racks. Can't do with out it.

Voice effects processor

So a used one is 800 bucks... It might be cheaper in Japan, since they`re made here! I`ll check right now. Thank you soooo much! I wish I could trust second hand gear!

Agree w/ moresound

Another good one, for the same price used...would be Yamaha SPX2000.

Oh, that sounds like a bargain!

Ya got to be fast Vessel. :D

The other ones that I would recommend would be way out of your price range
But I could of sworn that I had seen a used Eventide H3000 for sale over at GS for about $800. about a week ago.

Hey A.D the floor TC model that you were looking at aren't that bad and good if you don't have a FOH guy. So the singer would have to do all of the settings and on/off etc.
Eventide makes a floor model as well. Google them up and take a look.

So your going to take Japan by storm huh?

Oh, i don`t know about taking Japan by storm:)) I will give it a try haha.
This is the message I got from my band mate when I suggested the Yamaha processor.
"
Hey AD!
Yes, that Yamaha is for Studio and professional studio.
I think we need more a good verb than a delay or multieffects. I think is clever to buy a more professional rack than a multieffect, with more utilities, but less quality." We won`t have a FOH guy. At least.....not now! So you think the TC Model is not too bad. I could use the left money to buy a better microphone for live shows. At the moment it`s Shure MS58
Do you have any suggestions?:)
Thank you very much again!
A.D

Hey A.D the floor TC model that you were looking at aren't that bad and good if you don't have a FOH guy. So the singer would have to do all of the settings and on/off etc.
Eventide makes a floor model as well. Google them up and take a look.

So your going to take Japan by storm huh?

This is the message I got from my band mate when I suggested the Yamaha processor.
"
Hey AD!
Yes, that Yamaha is for Studio and professional studio.

What more better reason to use it "live"!!!:confused:

And +1 on the T.C.,...There's a vocalist in the band that practices next to my
bands room,..that uses one. His voice sounds KILL in a live setting.

I've heard a couple different verbs from it in the practice room, because I tracked the vocalist / band in their spot before,..and I'd say it's worth it.

So the floor model is what your going with? Should be fine but it will only be for one vocal. And who ever is using it should ALWAYS turn it off in between songs! The one thing that I can't stand is watching a band with verb on constantly :mad: when addressing the audience it's just so unpro.

Have fun A.D.

Ha,ha, thank you so much for the feedback! True, that Yamaha looks like a really nice purchase. I`ll buy something this week and I`ll let you know if I`m happy with it:) Thank you again!
What more better reason to use it "live"!!!:confused:

And +1 on the T.C.,...There's a vocalist in the band that practices next to my
bands room,..that uses one. His voice sounds KILL in a live setting.

I've heard a couple different verbs from it in the practice room, because I tracked the vocalist / band in their spot before,..and I'd say it's worth it.

Thank you soooooo much. I still haven`t made up my mind:( Not sure if it`s worth the extra money to get the Yamaha. The TC is 50.000 Japanese yen, while the Yamaha is 89.000! What do you think? Would it be worth it paying the difference?
So the floor model is what your going with? Should be fine but it will only be for one vocal. And who ever is using it should ALWAYS turn it off in between songs! The one thing that I can't stand is watching a band with verb on constantly :mad: when addressing the audience it's just so unpro.

Have fun A.D.

Well like I said A.D the TC will only accommodate one vocal line where as the Yamaha can be set up in your PA through an aux send/return for all vocals and any instruments like drums a little on acoustic guitar is always nice live, It all depends where you want to go with this.
Myself I always like to be open ended so that if any thing comes up in the future I'm repaired for it and the Yamaha will give you just that.
理します解

I like the TC Helicon's first voice live better than the newest. They can be had used for about $400. There are a ton of parameters and settings which can be very overwhelming. If you just want some simple stuff, TC sells a smaller version, the Voice Create. The effects are the best I have heard. I have a Harmony G and it blows away Digitech's stuff. Those are around $200 new.

Good stuff

Back