Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Shure KSM27

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • ST55 (basically a Groove Tubes GT55)

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

velvetcrush

I extended some options here. Figured I'd stray away from the always certain 5.
Just from reading other posts, my bets are on the AT3035.

lemme guess, rap vocals?, you want to make shure your hippity doesnt sound like your hoppity

because that would be wicki wicki wack

This BBS has some of the most intelligent questions I've ever read.

If you're looking for a "budget mic" and it has to be a condenser, just get the one that looks the coolest because they will all sound like crap. Eventually, you will either decide to actually learn something about music and recording and you'll put your cheap yet cool looking mic on craigslist, or you'll find a new hobby and put your cheap yet cool looking mic on craigslist.

Or you could get a decent dynamic mic that will still have a place in your setup if you decide to get a clue eventually.

Hey Velvet,

Next time you should start a thread titled: "Best cheap mic to use with illegally pirated software ..."

:D

That would be more in line with your intended uses.

What is this, a board for music snobs. Hey, I've been to a college for music production, so the reason I ask what the best budget mic is, is not because I don't know about music - you snide idiot. In my training, I have not used many budget condenser mics, nor in any studio I've interned at. I've used Soundelux, the whole Blue line, Akg 414's, Neumann, etc...however the only budget condensers I've used were the MXK 900 (thought it was crap), and a Rode NT1000 (loved it, but nut in my budget.) Now that I'm out with a very stringent budget (student loans, car payments, rent, etc), I need a budget mic. Thought you people might be able to help...obviously not. And if your reply is..."well there are plenty of threads that deal with budget mics," mine is the only one that wraps up ALL the mics I'm interested in, at once. It must be that the few music snobs that have replied are so immensely talented, making so much money with there elite equipment, that they are above the stated question, and therefore, must ridicule, rather than answer. Ridiculous! PS...I have absolutely nothing to do with hip-hop...but don't diss it. I was actually hoping for help more along the lines of Alternative Pop.

Also, chessrock, I've read many of your replies to other threads. Not only do you seldom give good advice, but you seldom give advice at all. Most of the time you only state the obvious, or more likely, begin an argumentative post intended to insult, ridicule, or degrade. Try making good music mate. My thought is that you never made it recording, never garnered any awards or praise for anything you've ever touched, and use this forum as a way to feel slightly above others.

dont trip, its juss that this section gets flooded with that same question over n over n over,

theres a search function up on top, if you juss type in budget condenser mic, or cheapest condenser mic or best condenser mic you will find a plethora of topics n answers...

ps, i do hip hop, n i had gotten the same answer n it became my turn to give you that answer

Youshould get Studio Projects stuff cuz they say this on their website
We think it's quite simple. Our mics are every bit as good or better at a fraction of the cost you would pay for a world class German microphone. No, we are not a German mic, but we sure do sound like those $3,000.00 models.
So you went to recording school?? Which one??

mikeyp62 said:
This BBS has some of the most intelligent questions I've ever read.

If you're looking for a "budget mic" and it has to be a condenser, just get the one that looks the coolest because they will all sound like crap. Eventually, you will either decide to actually learn something about music and recording and you'll put your cheap yet cool looking mic on craigslist, or you'll find a new hobby and put your cheap yet cool looking mic on craigslist.

Or you could get a decent dynamic mic that will still have a place in your setup if you decide to get a clue eventually.

To say all budget condenser mics are "shit" is just plain ignorance. Maybe you don't know what the fuck you are doing or your voice sucks and sounds like shit.

I've used only "budget" condenser mics in my own setup and have gotten results I'm pleased with. I've used more expensive mics at my friend's house, and while there is a noticeable difference, it doesn't mean all budget mics are shit.

The MSH mics come to mind, and the Behringer ECM8000 for acoustic guitar. (Yes, Behringer).

I've heard the MSH mics on vocals and it sounded excellent. Maybe they aren't great vocal mics but the vocals were really well performed and that matters much more than what mic you use.

Whats the best budget shoes out there?
Remember - I'm looking for the "best".
and they have to be shoes.
..The "best" shoes.

Go!

danny.guitar said:
To say all budget condenser mics are "shit" is just plain ignorance. Maybe you don't know what the fuck you are doing or your voice sucks and sounds like shit.

I've used only "budget" condenser mics in my own setup and have gotten results I'm pleased with. I've used more expensive mics at my friend's house, and while there is a noticeable difference, it doesn't mean all budget mics are shit.

The MSH mics come to mind, and the Behringer ECM8000 for acoustic guitar. (Yes, Behringer).

I've heard the MSH mics on vocals and it sounded excellent. Maybe they aren't great vocal mics but the vocals were really well performed and that matters much more than what mic you use.
Harvey uses budget mics.

I like Harvey.
I learn stuff when I read his posts.

Hey Velvet I got a SP B1, I wish I could tell you it's a great mic buuuuut......... it's really not
You know alot of great music gets made with dynamics, maybe you could share what your signal chain is like and what you want to record mostly

gbondo9 said:
Whats the best budget shoes out there?
Remember - I'm looking for the "best".
and they have to be shoes.
..The "best" shoes.

Go!
Are you after running shoes, or would you like the option of walking?

watermelon said:
Are you after running shoes, or would you like the option of walking?
BAAAAA!!!! :mad:

You waste my time with your silly drivel infidel.

Read my enlightening question again!!!!

I said THE BEST

Back