Behringer X32

Here is a CX magazine review, you have to read the pros and cons as the cons were justified by the price and it got a thumbs up in a strange way at the end.

They also upset Behringer with this review but thats because the Germans have a different humour than the rest of the world. Oh and I can say that because I am married into a part German family, and I love the crazy Germans and Germany. I should also say that CX magazine have a habit of upsetting people, I love reading it every month and real industry magazine.

Alan.

Thanks Mr. Dawson :thumbs up: This is the kind of review that I was looking for.

Think I will wait for the version 2 of the X32.

Thanks Mr. Dawson :thumbs up: This is the kind of review that I was looking for.

Think I will wait for the version 2 of the X32.

Well, considering it's a review from a magazine that deals with fully professional kit that generally costs 50 times as much (the Midas Pro6 at my local theatre cost about $130,000 all in and still had glitches) I'd consider it a darn good review. When you factor in the money, it probably is "A+".

Like Moresound, I'm waiting until a bit more user feedback rolls in. However, it's interesting that, a month since deliveries started, I've yet to hear the inevitable "my x32 froze during as show last night" or similar. If there's going to be a problem you usually hear pretty soon. The Soundcraft Vi6 (one of my favourite big digital consoles) had software bugs at the start and I started hearing about them within days--on a much smaller user base.

yeah ...... that doesn't sound like an A+ review to me.

It was not a bad review, I think it was an honest review. There were shortfalls, some dislikes, but also a admission that for the price you got a lot. There was a word of caution about it being the 1st release (software) and reliability, and a footnote that they would use one for the job it was built for.

There is a lot of bag for buck, but the bang also must relate to the price point. I would have no problem using one and a lot of hire companies will be buying them for the smaller gigs around the place. At the big gigs out comes the big dollar consoles.

I remember paying more then that back in the 90's for a 16 channel analog console, mind you I still have and use it sometimes.

Cheers
Alan.

I remember paying more then that back in the 90's for a 16 channel analog console, mind you I still have and use it sometimes.

Cheers
Alan.

That's a big point. Years ago consoles (and just about anything else you bought) where made much tougher without the concept of "planned obsolescence". Even more, they were also built so the could be taken apart and repaired, not scrapped at the first hint of trouble. I no longer have my original analogue consoles but I know the guy I sold them two before I moved to Aus is still using them.

I didn't say it was a BAD review ...... I just said it didn't sound like an A+ review and I stand by that.
A+ means it's awesome and close to perfect and the best of the best.

This sounded more like a B+ review even allowing for money. That's still a decent review ........ but not A+ no matter how you look at it.

I didn't say it was a BAD review ...... I just said it didn't sound like an A+ review and I stand by that.
A+ means it's awesome and close to perfect and the best of the best.

This sounded more like a B+ review even allowing for money. That's still a decent review ........ but not A+ no matter how you look at it.

I agree, however B+ review, for C money was my point. I think any sound engineer worth their weight would be able to pull a sound / show from this.

There is also an extensive review in Sound On Sound Magazine August 2012.

Cheers
Alan

I have two live sound friends in the UK using x32 mixers in earnest starting this weekend: one doing a small music festival and the other starting the run of a musical theatre production. I'm looking forward to some real world reactions and will copy anything of note in here.

Well ..............................................................

Had a James Taylor Concert before an Obama rally they sent a Digico console for FOH but believe it or not the back up console was ..... Wait for it ..... A Behringer X32!!

Did you get a chance to check it out? I'd guess "no" knowing how busy it can be before a major event but...

Ya know ..... I was going to wait till next month to get an X32 (Tax reasons) But with the end of the world being tomorrow ..... Dang! I should have thought this out better.

Rumour has it its not the end of the world now. It's the begining of the new world. So you get to live to shop another day. YAY :thumbs up::laughings:

Well, it's more than halfway through the 21st down here in Aus and, so far, no asteroids, zombies or flying saucers coming to the rescue.

Interestingly, my local audio store is advertising "lots of X32s in stock an discount prices available".

Check out the Behringer website and recent NAMM reports. The X32 just got nicely out of hand---now that it has company.

Paj

Back